Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Forums

Syndicado (ended 1999)

Far Beyond The Stars = Kindred?

SupremePoster

[1]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 7
    Does anyone else think Far Beyond The Stars was influenced by Kindred. Two African Americans being transported hundreds of years into the past where they didn't recieve the same privliges as in their daily life. Of course, the story ends better for Sisko, but the experience still touches him.

Thoughts?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ElJorro

[2]Jan 16, 2007
    • level: 7
    I have never heard of kindred and I dont think it does from what you have told me, I think the reason he had those visions was to give him hope, that things were a lot worse but now they are better and will get better.

virtucar

[3]Jan 17, 2007
    • level: 8

SupremePoster wrote:
    Does anyone else think Far Beyond The Stars was influenced by Kindred. Two African Americans being transported hundreds of years into the past where they didn't recieve the same privliges as in their daily life.

Help please!  I never heard of Kindred.  What is it?  FBTS is one of my favorite DS9 episodes so I'd be interested in anything that might have inspired/influenced/whatever.

cactusjack39

[4]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 30
    All I know is that this episode had some of the finest acting, especially from Avery Brooks. He is a talent.

NiallB31

[5]Jul 2, 2014
    • level: 8

Just saw the episode for the first time in over a year, and I could remember a lot of the story but forgotten most of it.

The episode was the best acted hour of TV ive seen in a long time and the message that it is telling is powerful, and makes you think.

Thats what Star Trek does best, it takes an issue that affects us today or has affected us in the past and turns it into an hour of unforgettable TV.