Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Forums

Syndicado (ended 1999)

When did Dr. Bashir get replaced by a Changeling?

Which Dax is hotter?

amarulucky

[1]Nov 30, 2010
    • level: 3

I just got all ofDS9 a few months ago, and I am watching it straight through for only the second time. I tried to spot when Dr. Bashir is actuallyreplaced by a changeling and I got to "In Purgatory's Shadow" and realized I completely missed it. I tried to look up when the replacement actually occured and the general concensus seems to be before "Rapture" while he was away at Meevan IV, which I don't remember hearing anything about. And if it was before "Rapture" then the changeling saves Captain Sisko's life, when he could've killed him during surgery in "Rapture" and he let the babychangeling die when he could've saved it's life in "The Begotten."

If anyone has anything that they can add, correct or explain, I'd love to hear it

Thanx

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pferreira86

[2]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 17

amarulucky wrote:

I just got all ofDS9 a few months ago, and I am watching it straight through for only the second time. I tried to spot when Dr. Bashir is actuallyreplaced by a changeling and I got to "In Purgatory's Shadow" and realized I completely missed it. I tried to look up when the replacement actually occured and the general concensus seems to be before "Rapture" while he was away at Meevan IV, which I don't remember hearing anything about. And if it was before "Rapture" then the changeling saves Captain Sisko's life, when he could've killed him during surgery in "Rapture" and he let the babychangeling die when he could've saved it's life in "The Begotten."

If anyone has anything that they can add, correct or explain, I'd love to hear it

Thanx

I believe the switch occured somewhere between Trials and Tribbleations and Rapture.

kanniballl

[3]Jan 10, 2011
    • level: 18

The episode said it was a month, and later Myles exclaims "4 weeks."

According to a Stardate convertor and some dates I got from Wikipedia.

The episode right after Rapture = "The Darkness and the light" =50416.2

Bashir's return = "By Inferno's Light" =50564.2

The convertor says they're a few months apart. But that might just be translating to the real air date.

Edited on 01/10/2011 8:47pm