Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Forums

Syndicado (ended 1999)

Ziyal

amarulucky

[1]Nov 30, 2010
    • level: 3

Ziyal, Dukat's daughter, looks very different in different episodes, from the first time we see her when she is rescued by Kira & Dukat, to the episode "For The Cause" when Garak and Ziyal first start to spend time together, to "In Purgatory's Shadow."To me it looks as if it's more thanjust the make-up that makes her look different, but maybeI am wrong. Is it actually a different actresses playing Ziyal in different episodes, or is it just differences in the make-up techniques?

Thanx

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pferreira86

[2]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 17

amarulucky wrote:

Ziyal, Dukat's daughter, looks very different in different episodes, from the first time we see her when she is rescued by Kira & Dukat, to the episode "For The Cause" when Garak and Ziyal first start to spend time together, to "In Purgatory's Shadow."To me it looks as if it's more thanjust the make-up that makes her look different, but maybeI am wrong. Is it actually a different actresses playing Ziyal in different episodes, or is it just differences in the make-up techniques?

Thanx

Three different actresses played Ziyal. The longest running (ie. who stayed more than one episode) was the third actress to play her, I believe her name is Melanie Smith. She joined round about Season 5.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.