Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Syndicado (ended 1999)

beowulf579

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Fan Reviews (116)

• DS9 in one word? Overrated. Oh, it’s a good series… but the overacting at times is more than I can deal with. Bojarans?! Who cares about Bojarans!? Anyway… check it out… this show will make you care… but in my case… it may be caring in the hatred way.

Ben Sisko… how I love your overacting! I mean my god…. I really appreciated the African American lead… but isn’t there some stereotyping when Q shows up, and he’s the only captain that gets into a fist fight with the omnipotent being?! I don't want the only brother Captain to be the Tyson of captains :'( It's all good though. Anyway, this show is very good.. but there are things that hold it from being the best Trek.
    1. Ferengi- Yuck. Worthless.
    2. Sisko kissing grown azz Jake…. Jake was like 28 years old and still getting kissed on by his pops like he was an infant.
    3. The Defiant. How “convienant they give Sisko the baddest ship in the fleet even though he works at a stationary slave base. Luckily other captains didn’t need it… like those who actually traversed the galaxy in exploration!
    4. Deseree Dax… personally they should have just let Dax die… that new chick was cute…. So cute it made me sick.

The show had a good plot with the war and all but Odo didn’t cause me to attach any sympathy to his whiny sniveling angry self. Quark… my god… I didn’t care for the Ferengi one bit…. Or ROM! I hate his guts... I mean what was rom other than a goofy excuse to show quarks shallowness? This show was pretty good… but not the best of the treks… If you like a soap opera type shows… that are slow and lets you get attached to the characters then this is the show for you. They kill a lot of people!!! A lot of people die! A lot of the federation is massacred… you have to like that outcome. For while I love trek.. I hate the federation mightily… Just look at what Janeway is!(Preposition!) Self righteous, piece of crap. DS9 is definitely worth the watch.