Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Syndicado (ended 1999)

beowulf579

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Fan Reviews (116)

• I started out watching this show with great anticipation of what was ahead, but was soon disappointed. With the types of plots written and the redundancy of story lines, it could have been shot in Ralph Cramden's kitchen, except not as funny.

The fact that the setting was in deep space and right next to a wormhole that could take the cast to the far reaches of the Galaxy gave it ENORMOUS potential for story line of distant civilations both good and bad. It seemed like it took forever to play out the scenario that lead them to war with the Dominion and there were so many wasted opportunities to go beyond the status quo and search out new life and new civilizations and boldly go where no man has gone before.

After a while I felt like I was watching a show that for the most part could have been set in any town in the good old USA, without the Star Trek setting, and would possibly have been more entertaining.

They had the occasinal show that took them through the wormhole, but most of the time they just stayed onboard Deep Space Nine, and dealt with their hum-drum daily lives at home.

The final episode beckoned me back, and I'm glad I watched, because it was the type of story that should have been told all along, but it died with a whimper and not a bang, unfortunately for all us Trek fans who longed for adventure through the wormhole