Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

The Maquis (2)

Aired Weekdays 11:00 AM May 01, 1994 on Syndicado

• Forget what has been, the show can start for real.

The show begins. let us forget the previous 39 episodes (with a few good exceptions) and look forward. First the Maquis and then the dominion, we have much to look forward to. Only when these plot-arcs begin can the show start to compare with the other ST series.

This episode was good. exciting and good writing. The only problem i have with it are that i would like more backroundstory what the conflict are about. I thought about this when i saw voyager too. what are the fight about, when normal and intelligent people like the maquis in Voyager and the ones here risk it all for the fight. A border dispute? i dont buy it. they cant have lived there for so long and there are a big risk that what they do will result in a war that could affect the whole federation. Dont get me wrong, i love the idea of a resistence organisation within the holy federation that arent afraid of taking up arms against an enemy. My problem is that they should have painted a better and more beleivable picture why the Maqui was created.