Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Treachery, Faith and the Great River

Aired Weekdays 11:00 AM Nov 04, 1998 on Syndicado

• This was just great.

I've always loved the character of Weyoun, especially the fifth clone, but this episode was truly something different. Just goes to show that even though they are all clones, they have different personalities and perception of things, I guess you really can't program a living being that well. It would have been really nice to see Weyoun 6 make it to the station and help Star Fleet, so as far as that goes it was rather sad, and you really grow to hate Weyoun 7 and Damar at this point, but it was great learning more about the Vorta and this is still one of my favorite episodes.
  • The times, they are a'changin.

In this episode, it is revealed that all of the founders have been infected with some sort of disease and that they are all going to die.....except for Odo.

Well, that isn't exactly true. They state in the episode that Odo will be the last of his kind, but they seem to have forgotten about the Hundred for the time being.

The Odo/Weyoun 6 plot was pretty interesting. We were given new insights into the Vorta and the Founders. The O'Brien/Nog subplot was less interesting, felt like filler just to get some screen time for some of the rest of the cast. And speaking of filler, I'm tired and just about anything else I write about be just that. Thus, this review is going to end early. I'll just close by saying the episode itself was a mixed bag but the disease storyline will prove essential to the rest of the series.