Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

What You Leave Behind (2)

Aired Weekdays 11:00 AM Jun 02, 1999 on Syndicado

• A lack lustre finish to an otherwise great storyline - it just felt too rushed and 'flat'!

1.6
    I really felt disappointed by the end of this story - I thought Sisko's character was terribly mistreated...without any future episodes or films he has just been left in limbo! I really cared about this guy and yet I didn't even get the impression of how Sisko felt at the end of the story. Did Sisko WANT to stay with the Profets? Was he thinking about his children at all? I felt cheated that Sisko's feelings and eventual fate were not explored more - especially after seven years of caring abut this guy!! I guess my expectations were so high for the final story and Ira Steven Behr, as the writer, failed to deliver - he even had the holographic singer crooning away as a 'filler' when I would dearly have loved this time for more 'goodbyes' or more action (which wasn't helped, by the way, by the Producers using 'old' CGI from previous episodes). Compared to the final episode of STTNG, this one felt like a missed opportunity.
    I really, really am sorry to give this such a low score but I was so very disappointed. I've been hoping for a film just so that I can really say goodbye to Sisko and the rest of the crew!