Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

Confusion "In a mirror darkly"

macyr

[1]Jun 18, 2007
    • level: 2
    Question, does the two in a mirror darkly episodes have absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the series? If so, then why the heck show it? I am having trouble understanding the point, perhaps it was only to show what COULD have happened? Please help.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alex20020712

[2]Jun 19, 2007
    • level: 7
    The mirror universe was introduced in the original series. They also did a couple of mirror episodes on DS9. It is a way of playing around with the characters and making them do things they would never do, because they are not the same people. i.e., just for fun.

cowboy2831

[3]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 16
    Plus, these two episodes were a lot better than most of the episodes in this series.

petef20

[4]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 22
    The events of this episode did affect the normal universe, just not in Enterprise's time. In the original series a ship mysteriously vanished which was the ship that the mirror Archer took.

petef20

[5]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 22
    Don't quote me on that though. I'm going on vaugue memories of the original series and second hand information, so if anyone could clear my comment up a bit better it'd be appreciated.

heeroyuy2006

[6]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 8
    petef20 wrote:
    The events of this episode did affect the normal universe, just not in Enterprise's time. In the original series a ship mysteriously vanished which was the ship that the mirror Archer took.

You're right. In the TOS episode "The Tholian Web", the USS Defiant (NCC 1764) was stuck in an interspatial rift and by the end of the episode disappeared into the rift. "In a Mirror, Darkly" picks the story up from there and explains how the Defiant ended up in the Mirror Universe.

GripNRip73

[7]Jun 24, 2007
    • level: 7

It looked kinda funny to see such a powerful defiant look way older than the other ship even though the Defiant was supposed to be a 'newer' ship...LOL And to turn back the clocks in seeing everyone in TOS uniforms, minus the varied rank structure, all the way down to the sounds of being hailed on the on ship communitcator...LOL

Waiting for the Series Finale tomorrow.