Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

Do u think there could be " Star Trek Columbia "

gokurocks2442

[1]Mar 10, 2006
    • level: 1
    I think that when enterprise ended all u could say to yourself is " Its over" But wth happend to Columbia! and on the episde " These are the voyages" i remember archer talking about Warp 7 like WTH kirks ship could only do what warp 8 and well

I want to see the voyages of Columbia but i would prefer enterprise to come back and make a contract up to season 7

It was a 10 year mission wasnt it?

Edited on 03/10/2006 7:16pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

eliciab

[2]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 12
    I honestly don't want them to go back to that time. The next Trek series has to be at a timeline close to Voyager's return or at a later time. No more prequels!

lobomensch

[3]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 51
    No more prequels done by Berman and Braga, that is.

eliciab

[4]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 12
    lobomensch wrote:

Well that's clear. I don't want those guys anywhere near anything Trek from now on :lol

Deanna_T

[5]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 28
    eliciab wrote:
    lobomensch wrote:

Well that's clear. I don't want those guys anywhere near anything Trek from now on :lol

amen to that! heaven forbid they come near a Trek again.

Don't think there will be a show on Columbia. As of now, I haven't a clue as to where the B&B "direction" of Trek is heading and don't know wht else to tell you. If there was a new show, it most likely would not be a prequel, maybe set way after VGR with the romulans entering the Fed or xindi crew members. Possibly borrowing ENT ideas to suppliment a show or the crew. Like I said, only the killa B's have the ideas to wreck another show and leave everyone with a bad taste in their mouthes. like now, almost a yr. after ENT was massacred.

As for the 10 yr. question. I think it was a 10yr mission, since the show jumped from yr 4 to yr 10 in the blink of an eye. Malcolm mentioned to Tripp that the "Enterprise was going to the mothball collection..." or some thing like that. The NX-01 was a phototype and it would make sense to retire a old technology for new versions after a wide time frame has passed. Plus, it was mentioned in the episode who shall not be mentioned, that time had passed by 6 yrs from one epi to another and u havta assume since it was season4 , and the signing of the Fed was going to start. if that makes any sense.

lobomensch

[6]Mar 11, 2006
    I don't want to see the Xindi misfits or any other dumb invention of Berman and Braga's coming near Trek again. I hated the whole Xindi storyline, with it's WMD/terrorist attack/chase the villains plot. It comes off as thinly digested news at best, one step away from propaganda as our current media already is.
    I had an idea of a prequel myself, but not around the time of Voyager, more like between Kirk and Picard. See the Original Trek board for my idea there, if you like. I wholeheartedly agree with you; using "direction" and the killa B's in the same sentence is an oxymoron.

Deanna_T

[7]Mar 11, 2006
    I did not like the Xindi either. There were so many twists and turns to their story. First, u hated their guts, then they wanted you to feel sorry for them. B/c their planet was destroyed, and they were fed lies. The epi's that had Xindi backround were not bad at all, they were pretty interesting.
    But knowing the Killa B's they just might return. But, if Manny Coto comes back, the Xindi won't make guest appearances, heck, not even mentioned. I sat watching s3 jaw dropped like it was CNN or as I called it "TNN" Trek News Network. Religious fanatics, jihads, drug usage, TOS references, cold wars, prisoner abuse, BUGS! I HATE BUGS!, a western, WMD, death threats, bio weapons, all straight out of CNN. Yet, I was addicted and unable to move from my DVD player. Season 3 did have potential. Except, it had such a forced dark feeling to it being fed todays news over and over along the some of the TOS foreshadowings. The Xindi sotry line did have highlights while other epis were random and aweful. Needless 2 say, one can tell when tha killas have peed all over something *sigh* and when Manny had a swing at things. *yay*

wonder how those 2 can sleep at nite knowing that EVERY Trek fan is still burning at them.

*takes a deep breath* "love" the smell of killa B "direction" in the morning....

kirke_novak

[8]Mar 12, 2006
    • level: 9
    Deanna_T wrote:
    amen to that! heaven forbid they come near a Trek again.

Well, all we have to do is to dig up Gene (and perhaps Douglas Adams as well), resurect him and let him take over the show. Does anyone have Q's phone number?

I actually liked Enterprise's first 2 seasons more than 3rd and 4th series, they were just too... dark. The world we live atm I doesn't really need more violence/wars/extermination. I thought that this series may be a poistive look on the future, a sort of cure for every time I turn my TV and see another suicide bombing. And Xindi? *facepalm* Please, no more. It was as they jumped from ST:TNG to DS9 season 6 in less than 2 episodes.

lobomensch

[9]Mar 12, 2006
    I'd love the smell of napalm at the Double B's offices in the morning; smells like victory.
    I'd hoped, like Kirk, that this would be a more positive Trek along the lines of TOS and NG; as much as I loved DS9, the dark quality should have stayed unique to it alone, that was what gave it it's flavor, along with Behr's influence/writing. I was really hoping along the lines of true exploration; of it being a real frontier series. (something Voyager had the chance to do and blew it in favor of catsuits and half-baked romances/food) Yet right away we have the Universal Translator up and running for all intents and purposes (should've worked more like a BabelFish at that point) and the transporter humming along. Oh well, let's forget all our own continuity as to how disastrous the first uses of the transporter were. Even ST: TMP showed the ugly side of that. What could've been a real look into how the Federation alliance came up, instead of that last-minute rush-job.
    How do they sleep at night? I tend to think of it like that song by Peter Gabriel; "Big Time" -- "with a snow-white pillow for my big fat head." They have truly lost touch with what made people enjoy Trek to begin with, but they never really were in touch with it to start with, either.

lobomensch

[10]Mar 12, 2006
    Please, Kirke, don't ever lump DS9 and Enterprise in the same sentence. The sixth season of that was better than all the seasons put together of this series. DS9 may have been dark, but it wasn't recycled headlines/Trek News Network as Deanna put it. I can always watch Law And Order or CSI for that kind of tedium.

kirke_novak

[11]Mar 12, 2006
    • level: 9
    I agree of course. I just meant the 'theme' jump, not the quality jump (Ent as good as DS9 *lmol*) Oops, DS9 and Enterprise in the same sentence again, sorry for that. Darn, again!!

Deanna_T

[12]Mar 12, 2006
    Yes, ideas straight from the Killa B litterbox.

The Trek News Network that was ENT. My fav. show and my fav. cast all lumped together in the B&B litterbox that is Paramount. Those 2 are right now swimming in their olympic size pools, sipping on "expensive" boxed wine not knowing that the Trek fans are still pretty much po'ed off at wht could have been the best Trek show if Manny C, and the Reeves-Stevens could have been at the helm since the start.I don't care wht any one says; I loved every minute of s4 and some epis. of s3. UPN came to my area in Nov, '04 & I was able to enjoy some of the best ENT had to offer -- namely s4. I love dark plots and looking at today's world in the from of Trek made me think. I kinda felt sad, but since I'm so dulled from constant bad news, it just felt right that ppl in space were dying, and the Xindi are kinda like humanity in ways we haven't looked at because were to busy fighting amongst ourselves...*sigh*

The Xindi stuff was fine. It should have been introduced in s4, having let the 1st 3 seasons evolove and letting the fans to better know the cast instead of THE XINDI ARE COMING..WERE ALL GONNA DIE! seniro. They let TNG evolve and it slowly introduced the Cardiassian/Bajorn stuff witch bleed into DS9. Eventually, the C/B stuff was introduced into the Dominion wars. Wht I'm saying is, those shows evolved the point where nasty conflicts could be digested easliy and conformably w/out heartburn. We already knew the characters very well, wht the show was about, the technology, and more or less wht to except every wk. But w/ENT, they set the Xindi saga lose w/out any formal introduction and looked wht happaned! Fans w/a lingering bad taste, anger and denile, confusion, all at the mercy of 2 sickos that hate Trek with every fiber in their being. ENT should have started with s4 like adventures then drifted to the Xindi. FOLLOW THE SAME FORMULA! HAVE ADVENTURES THAN DRAMA NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND! Not that hard to follow. Instead of anger, we could have been discussing wht Tripp and T'Pol did last friday nite. But, with the new CW non-sense..ENT would have died any way. *moment of silence*

As how the killa B's sleep..ON A LITTERBOX! that's how..don't buy the new Borg DVD, turn your back on Paramount like they did to us!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Tonite's topic on the Trek News Network, clothes for Trek's females and here is more with the subject..T'POL!

Indeed, ideas straight from the Killa B litterbox.

Hungry_Homer111

[13]Mar 19, 2006
    • level: 26
    I think that you all bring up great points. I do think that Enterprise is good (and is actually my 2nd favorite Star Trek), but there are some things which I don't like.

In the first 2 seasons there were a few strong episodes, but even more weak episode. And then they introduce the Xindi out of nowhere. I agree that they could have introduced them better. Take the example of the Dominion. Throughout the 2nd season of DS9, they made references of the Dominion, and built them up as these people who control the trades in the Gamma Quadrant, and almost made a species extinct who went against the Dominion (with just 1 person left alive). All of this was done throughout the 2nd season, and then the Dominion were introduced. They could have done something similar with the Xindi.

Also, I think that they were trying to make the 3rd season of Enterprise like 24. But they left out a lot of what makes that show great. They left out the surprises. They left out the many stories going on at once. And they did not make every episode good. Even if they did all of this, they would just be copying 24, which would not be good. 24 and Star Trek are 2 different shows, and they should not try and make a Star Trek like 24.

Finally, I do think that the "killa B's" have lost touch with what makes Star Trek great. That's most evident with that terrible finale. I mean, what was that?! *shudders and tries to forget that episode*

Where was I? Oh, yeah. If they do make another Star Trek, I definitely want the "killa B's" be kept away from it. They should have a restraining order to keep them at least 10 miles away from the studios that the series is being made .

beowulf579

[14]Apr 3, 2006
    • level: 59
    If..and thats a big if..they ever make a new trek series. I think they should experiment with a mini-series to test the waters first. There have been alot of trek in the last 2 decades, and to be honest it may need to rest.

But...I propose "Star Trek; Aeon". Set the series in the 29th century. I almost would recommend a sort of Quantum Leap type of scenerio. Have the timeship hitting certain important spots in federation history. This would def be mini-series material, not a full 7 year series.

Think of the possible aliens they could create;

1. Future Borg
    2. extra-milkyway galaxy aliens (I assume the galaxy has for the most part been circumnavigated by starfleet by then)
    3. and all the common star trek aliens

wingsabre

[15]Apr 10, 2006
    • level: 13
    YES Mini series is a great idea! i've always wanted to see it. it's cheaper than a movie, less risk, and it can go directly to dvd very fast.

my picks are:
    1.) earth romulan war
    2.) eugenics war
    3.) something on tng: "conspiracy"

lobomensch

[16]Apr 11, 2006
    Vermin had talked about doing a Earth-Romulan war for a prequel movie; after Nemesis especially, I'll pass.
    Eugneics, I dunno, was rehashed enough in DS9 as to what a bad thing it was.
    Now, Conspiracy aliens do have some promise, but how can they do it without it smacking of the Alien movies too much?

wingsabre

[17]Apr 11, 2006
    • level: 13
    really, i dont want to see a movie. box office wise it's just a bad move in my mind. i rather have a mini-series on the earth-romulan war. if it works, then they can make a series out of it if it doesnt then good try.

i cant really see a eugenics war movie either, but a short mini series is good choice for something not very space focused.

Conspiracy, yeah mini series is ok of an idea, but honestly i want a tv series based on that.

personally, i feel star trek will do best now on either cable or syndication. network will kill it.

beowulf579

[18]Apr 14, 2006
    • level: 59
    Hmmm, how about a compromise;

A mini-series, maybe even a qurater or half a season long. The timeframe could be the Romulan/Federation War. And I am thinking more along the lines of post-DS9...maybe 10 years down the road. Remember what Section 31 fears from the Romulans.

The Romulans are still trying to recover from the Dominion War and the Reman conspiracies. They are in the same situation that the Klingons were in in the movie "Undiscovered Country". But instead of going somewhat quietly in the night..the Romulans decide to fight the Federation. This war is massive and stretched out through a number of years.

Our perspective could be that of the Starship Aeon. A timeship that is chasing down a Romulan patriot that is trying to change the timeframe. Ever ep could focus on a certain imprortant spot within the war. The writing should keep the audience in total suspense as to who is winning the war. Example could be that the Aeon chases their prey to a certain planet. There you could see the Enterprise E (old ship now) being bombarded by 3 Romulan ships. The focus isn't on that battle though..it's on the ship Aeon is chasing. The audience wouldn't know what happened to Enterprise till much later..if at all.

Now that would be a challenging bit of writing for Star Trek writers to try, but imagine the possibilities.

lobomensch

[19]Apr 14, 2006
    The Romulan idea sounds great, but the time travel plot, can do without, especially after the Temporal Cold War and First Contact, to name a few. Still, would be good reason to bring back Sisko.

Deanna_T

[20]Apr 14, 2006
    I'm up for any idea as long as the characters, plot(s), technology, etc. are well developed.
    I'm with lobo..no more time travel..yet again I'm still a sucker for a time warp.

I'm also for the mini-series idea...I cant find a fault in it.
    -Cheaper then a movie
    -Not as risky as a show
    -If it fails, the fans won't be up in arms to long
    -Something to talk about for a while
    -If it works, it might end up a real show
    -I'll even be more excited if it involves in entire new cast and crew and crazied aliens (as long as today's news doesn't end up a source for "inspiration").

Ugh..I hope Pat Steward says no to a new movie...don't feel I can stomach a new movie. If he does...MAKE IT A TITAN MOVIE. If TNG is still going to be milked..might as well make about it a/b the Titan.

But, beowolf..I like your ideas much, much better...it involves the "good" kind of action that Trek lacks so much of and less of other "other" action.