Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

Enterprise petition...

Locutus2366

[1]Apr 24, 2006
    • level: 3
        ...is about to be send to PARAMOUNT on May 1st, 2006.
    We need to collect 10,000 signatures for the new life of "Enterprise" (mini-series or Direct-to-DVD release). So far, we got 7500. We need 2500 in one week.

Here's the link: http://petitiononline.com/STENTDVD/petition.html

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alex20020712

[2]Apr 24, 2006
    • level: 7
    Locutus2366 wrote:
    ...is about to be send to PARAMOUNT on May 1st, 2006.
    We need to collect 10,000 signatures for the new life of "Enterprise" (mini-series or Direct-to-DVD release). So far, we got 7500. We need 2500 in one week.

Here's the link: http://petitiononline.com/STENTDVD/petition.html

There is no such thing as a "direct-to-DVD" TV series. That is not how the system works.

I am afraid you could collect 1,000,000 signatures, and it still would not make a difference.

Deanna_T

[3]Apr 24, 2006
    • level: 28

As much as I want ENT to come back..It's not going to happen. Even if it did, it would not be the same. Bakula is out and about on some musical thing, Blalock isen't welcomed back, Trinneer has a family, I think Park went to broadway, Billensly-?, Montgomery has music, Keating-?

There would be no T'Pol, Tripp, or maybe even Archer. Also, I woulden't want to see a completely new ENT with mainly Hoshi, Reed, Travis, & Phlox.

With all the bad attention the show got, I don't blame the actors for prolly not wanting to do it all over again.

eliciab

[4]Apr 25, 2006
    • level: 12
    I agree... I think it's actually pointless to try to get Enterprise back. As much as I loved the show, it's over. I'd rather have a new Trek series... not that I'll be getting that either

kirke_novak

[5]Apr 25, 2006
    • level: 9
    You know what happens to a dead body you dig up from it's grave? It stinks! Sorry but I really don't want to have any zombies running around, spoiling the atmosphere. not like I have anything against zombies, no, they are fine, as long as they don't buy  houses next to you or try to date your daugther that is!

SRP76

[6]Apr 25, 2006
    • level: 10
    kirke_novak wrote:
    You know what happens to a dead body you dig up from it's grave? It stinks! Sorry but I really don't want to have any zombies running around, spoiling the atmosphere. not like I have anything against zombies, no, they are fine, as long as they don't buy  houses next to you or try to date your daugther that is!

Ha... "Trek of the Living Dead".

Oh, wait, that's on ANOTHER thread...

Locutus2366

[7]Apr 27, 2006
    alex20020712 wrote:
    There is no such thing as a "direct-to-DVD" TV series. That is not how the system works.

I am afraid you could collect 1,000,000 signatures, and it still would not make a difference.

I was not talking about "direct-to-DVD" TV series. That release could be an extented episode or mini-series.

I know it would not make a difference, but it's worth trying.

jhewitt3211

[8]Apr 28, 2006
    • level: 2

eliciab wrote:
    I agree... I think it's actually pointless to try to get Enterprise back. As much as I loved the show, it's over. I'd rather have a new Trek series... not that I'll be getting that either

Why are you so depressed?

You just need to have some patience and it is only a matter of time before we probably we see some new Star Trek TV show or movie.

All you have to do is take a look at all the Star Trek shows or movies like Voyager, Star Trek:  The Next Generation, Star Trek:  The Wrath of Khan, etc. to know that this franchse will continue eventually.

The Star Trek movie or TV franchise will always continue on one way or another:  it will mean a much longer break or time to bring it back but I am sure but it will be back eventually because it is a big money maker for Paramount Productions in the same way James Bond movies are for the United Artists movie studio. 

All we need is to have time, effort, patience, and money to bring it back.

I just hope that Berman and Braga won't be around to screw up the new Star Trek movie or TV show.

lobomensch

[9]Apr 28, 2006
    • level: 51
    They won't. According to Star Trek's own website, they are the "former" producers of Star Trek. Unless this is just a reference to Enterprise, I don't see them returning, thank God.

Deanna_T

[10]Apr 28, 2006
    Finally...former. Thats a word I've wanting to hear for so long now. But, is Abrams only going to do the new movie, or take on a show of his own? Knowing Paramount, they might end up releasing a one nite only mini-series or something like that on the night and time of the Star Wars show when it comes out. Something is always to good to be true with Paramount.
    ex-another prequel for a movie. -_-* sweatdrop.

lobomensch

[11]Apr 28, 2006
    The Star Wars show actually is supposed to be arriving by this fall, according to Lucasfilm. The new facilities they opened up in Singapore, I believe, are helping speed up the production process. So we don't have to worry about Paramount even having the chance to louse this up, given that it will still be another 2 years before they even get something out, and I don't see them spending the money for another series unless the movie does well. Then again, they just might slap something together if the Star Wars series takes off. Which in itself is ironic, considering how they scrapped Star Trek: Phase II and tried incorporating it into movie form after the first Star Wars film came out. Looks like they will be Johnny Come Lately again this round as well.
    Personally, if they do a new series, I'd prefer to have J. Michael Strazcynski from Babylon 5(the original concept he pitched to Paramount and they rejected, only to rip it off later for Deep Space Nine) doing it. He did make an offer, with a friend of his that has been in television production, to totally revamp Trek, make it good again. Mainly he wanted to do this because he grewing up loving TOS, and in his words, said that Trek didn't die because of 'franchise fatigue' but bad and uninspired writing, like we've all said. If I find the link to his site and his comments, will post it here, it is a good read.

Deanna_T

[12]Apr 28, 2006
    theres 2 SW shows...an animated one and a live action one. cartoon network has the animated one..and the live action (wht i read) is until 2007 or something.
    maybe with "them" done...Trek might actully have a chance with a complete new writing stuff & all.

Locutus2366

[13]Apr 29, 2006
    Only two days until the end of the petition.

Locutus2366

[14]Apr 30, 2006
    One day left. Hurry up if you're about to sign.

lobomensch

[15]Apr 30, 2006
    It would be nice if they did do a direct-to-dvd release as they are doing with "Futurama". But Enterprise is a dead duck as far as Paramount is concerned; otherwise they wouldn't have given the go ahead for this new movie.

Deanna_T

[16]Apr 30, 2006
    not gonna happen..that's why there releasing a prequeal movie...to satisy the ENT cravings, ok?

Locutus2366

[17]May 2, 2006
    The prequel movie is not the final decision of Paramount. Sometimes they're saying they'll release a prequel, sometimes they say they'll bring back Picard.

Deanna_T

[18]May 2, 2006
    don't i can stomach a new picard movie...

lobomensch

[19]May 2, 2006
    Patrick Stewart has moved on. He's pretty busy with the Royal Shakespeare Company and has said himself he feels he's too old for the part. I could stomach another Picard movie, if it was written right, which just about all of the NextGen ones under Vermin weren't. But I can accept it's time to move to something else.