Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

Fav. character

shadowrider007

[1]Apr 2, 2007
    • level: 5
    My fav. character is Trip i was soooooooo upset on the last episode i was crying i was so upset
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GameraTrekkie

[2]Apr 14, 2007
    • level: 13
    Archer and Trip

shadowrider007

[3]Apr 17, 2007
    GameraTrekkie wrote:
    Archer and Trip

hes cool aswell

copygeek

[4]Apr 20, 2007

I'd be surprised if anyone didn't consider Trip their favorite character. Even though Archer was the captain, eventually it became clear that Trip and T'Pol were where the real action was.

Of course, there were alot of relationships and individuals that could have been explored more. For instance, whatever happened to Archer's supposed friendship with Hoshi? It was mentioned in the first episode then NEVER seen again! Only in the Mirror Universe was there any sign of a connection between them. In fact, Hoshi was brought onto the ship SPECIFICALLY for her natural gift at picking up obscure languages. She could have been used ALOT more than she was, but instead they have her just program the universal translator so she becomes obsolete as a character! She could have easily gotten embroiled in conflict due to a failure to translate properly, or to translate something properly that an alien race didn't want translated.

Calfkiller

[5]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 9

Yep, it has to be Trip. He's funny, not afraid to speak his mind and is probably the most human of the crew. I think that it is a testament to Connor Trinneer that his performance has still left us thinking about him.

Enterprise may have been flawed in places, but like Trip, the gradually moved on from that area and become more fully rounded.

I think his demise in the final episode was interesting. Since more people seemed annoyed that Trip died, rather than the show. Oh well, at least Connor's career has continued to be successful.

shadowrider007

[6]May 7, 2007
    copygeek wrote:

I'd be surprised if anyone didn't consider Trip their favorite character. Even though Archer was the captain, eventually it became clear that Trip and T'Pol were where the real action was.

Of course, there were alot of relationships and individuals that could have been explored more. For instance, whatever happened to Archer's supposed friendship with Hoshi? It was mentioned in the first episode then NEVER seen again! Only in the Mirror Universe was there any sign of a connection between them. In fact, Hoshi was brought onto the ship SPECIFICALLY for her natural gift at picking up obscure languages. She could have been used ALOT more than she was, but instead they have her just program the universal translator so she becomes obsolete as a character! She could have easily gotten embroiled in conflict due to a failure to translate properly, or to translate something properly that an alien race didn't want translated.

so true so true

beowulf579

[7]May 8, 2007
    • level: 59
    Kind of hard to pick a fav from this series. I liked all the characters for different reasons. It probably be easy to say which were my least fav and that would be Reed and Mayweather.

But I liked Archer in that he brought an edge to the Trek Captains. He had hard decisions to make an none of the luxury that a Picard or Janeway had in the future.

T'pol brought the Vulcan dynamic back to Trek. Not always from her directly but Vulcans were fleshed out more in Trek than since Spock.

Trip was just a good ol boy in space. Intelligent but very human. He is the type of person I could imagine going and did when you consider the origins of the Mercury 7.

Hoshi showed what humans could do and that we have the potential to solve complex puzzles without alien help.

Dr. Plox was just nice to have about. Nothing too specific...just a good character.

tommy0122

[8]May 13, 2007
    • level: 12
    Yea, but Archer is so darn corny.  Almost every word out of his mouth is corny.  I would have liked the show better if someone else played Archer, or at least had a different script.

copygeek

[9]May 14, 2007

tommy0122 wrote:
    Yea, but Archer is so darn corny.  Almost every word out of his mouth is corny.  I would have liked the show better if someone else played Archer, or at least had a different script.

You can't blame Scott Bakula for cheesy dialogue. He didn't write it. He just acted it out as best he could. But, if the writing isn't there in the script, Ian McKellan couldn't have made it sound much better.

shadowrider007

[10]May 14, 2007
    your right ye, go ian mckellan oh sir Ian McKellan

Deanna_T

[11]May 14, 2007
    • level: 28
    lol ian mckellan. tripp hands down.

Jezzen

[12]May 23, 2007
    • level: 10

Phlox is still my favourite, no matter how many times I watch the series.

And I thought he looked pretty smashing in In A Mirror Darkly.

EDIT: Okay, I admit I like Trip, too. The way he was with T'Pol, especially in the final episode (I do not count These Are The Voyages). Broke my heart.

Edited on 05/23/2007 4:32pm

GripNRip73

[13]May 24, 2007
    • level: 7
    I like Dr Plox the best. All were good, but it was always cool to see the Doc making cracks and trying to help everyone, to include the dog. The comic relief he carried was great.

shadowrider007

[14]May 30, 2007
    broke my heart as well

LadyVaako

[15]Jun 4, 2007
    • level: 9

Well, my first choice isn't very original but I have to say Trip. At first I wasn't sure if I could tolerate his cockiness but then "Unexpected" came along and that's when I fell in love with him. And every single time I watch "Sim", I cry like a baby... I still don't understand why they had to kill him off at the end of the series. What was the purpose of that?!

And my second choice would be Phlox. Contrary to a character like Neelix, for example, he always had a very hopeful and positive attitude without ever being annoying (IMO, anyway). And that smile! LOL!

doomcrow

[16]Jun 6, 2007
    • level: 3
    I'd have to say that my favorite character was Commander Tucker, aka "Tripp". He's kinda got that blend of Scotty and Doctor McCoy charm that makes his character endearing in that "I think this new ship was put together by monkeys!" kind of way. Usually in Star Trek series, my favorite character is either the Chief Engineer or the Chief Medical Officer. Tripp, Bones (and Scotty), LaForge, O'Brien, and The Doctor are major players. Can I get a "Woot-Woot!" for Starfleet Support Services and Technical Divisions, PLEASE? Oooookay!'

Redbird89

[17]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 7

1. Trip

2. Archer

3. Phlaux

4. T'Pol

I love them all, and in that order. 

House24Fan

[18]Jun 14, 2007
    My favs in this order are:Trip,T'Pol,Phlox and Archer.Trip is one of my all-time fav Trek characters of all the series.He 's just amazing.He's funny but he can work well in dramatic moments too.I almost cried when he didwhen Elizabeth died.I loved him from the beginning of the show.His charcter made the ep."Unexpected" work.And when they put him with T'POl,man,I was in 7th Heaven.Whythe writers decided to end not only that relationship but his life in the final ep. is beyond me.They must have been drinking at the time.She was a great character once you got past the ridiculously tight jumpsuits.She was a Vulcan yet she managed to be different from Spock,Sarek,Tuvok,etc. I liked how she changed over the course of the series.Archer was just a nice guy and a good captain.He and Trip had a good rapport together.I liked how he had to be so much tougher than some of the other ENT captains.Phlox was hilarious and the way he managed to be so optimistic yet not annoy you reminds me a little of Data's attitude on TNG.As for the other characters,Reed was cool too but you didn't know enough about him.Travis was take or leave.He didn't have that much to do really and is probably the character most people foreget the easiest.Hoshi was annoying.End of story there.

Writer2000

[19]Jun 19, 2007
    • level: 17
    Trip and T'Pol are my favorite characters on Star Trek: Enterprise.

PunkNerd5

[20]Jul 15, 2007
    • level: 24

Phlox and Trip are my favourites. Phlox is awesome, and Trip has brilliant one-liners.

I too was annoyed they killed off Trip. I didn't see the point. I reckon it was because Rick Berman wanted to sever all ties to Star Trek and its fans, so he decided to kill off the character everyone loved.