Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

Favourite season?

Favourite season

Mafeu

[1]Sep 26, 2007
    • level: 69
    What is your favourite season, and why?
    I've long thought that seasons one and two are great. Whereas I find season three to be the weakest – though it has its high points – this is, of course, my opinion.

My personal favourite though is season four. I like the more structured "arc" format, it allows a much more deeper involvement in the story.

Perhaps they should of brought in Mr Cotto earlier.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

belial_77

[2]Sep 26, 2007
    • level: 17

Its really hard for me to decide... the first two had the whole exploration aspect, and often to the point it almost felt like a NASA mission...

the third had a much darker twist as the group was forced to change to military vessel, more like the Navy... T'Pol getting hooked on Vulcan smack, Trip going crazy over the death of his sis, the Cap'n having to make really difficult decisions...all of this played nicely into evolving their characters into much deeper, real people then I'd seen in most Trek shows... only main down-side i saw, was the big story was too drawn-out... and the blasted remix of the theme was HORRIBLE....

the fourth season lacked any solidity... the mini-arc thing was okay, but should have been working to make a bigger picture that would have acted as a spine for the mini-arcs...

and the last episode made me so irked at the final season, I would refuse to vote for it, just out of principle that that one episode would have been included in the vote...

copygeek

[3]Sep 26, 2007
    • level: 13
    I chose Season 4, but I really loved Season 3 as well. The only reason I chose Season 4 over 3 was the final arc about Terra Prime. I lovedseeing Peter Weller, and the ending with Trip and T'Pol had me in tears.

DSJAM

[4]Sep 27, 2007
    • level: 4
    I loved the story and tension of season three. Every week I was dying for the next episode and that's something no show has been able to get me to do.

Tronman100

[5]Sep 28, 2007
    • level: 11
    I'd definitely have to say season 4, even despite the finale. It'd finally gotten off it's feet, the stories were excellent and it knew how to build off the characters developed in season three.

Mafeu

[6]Sep 28, 2007
    DSJAM wrote:
    I loved the story and tension of season three. Every week I was dying for the next episode and that's something no show has been able to get me to do.

My comment that I believe season three to be the weakest is not to say that I didn't enjoy it, I personally do. I think we can safely agree that season three is enthralling. I guess the Xindi never really hit it off with me, mainly because it played with the continuity in a way I didn't like too much.

Tronman100 wrote:
    I'd definitely have to say season 4, even despite the finale. It'd finally gotten off it's feet, the stories were excellent and it knew how to build off the characters developed in season three.

Yes, the finale is quite a disappointment. Not counting the finale, I enjoyed every episode of season four.
    Edited on 09/28/2007 6:56am

petef20

[7]Oct 11, 2007
    • level: 22
    Season 3 was my favourite season. It was when they realised that they could get drama by killing people! (Pretty sure the first crew member to ever die on Enterprise was in the second episode of season 3). Also I loved the season long story arc, thought it was brilliantly done and still felt like a full season, rather than one long episode.

Paladyn7

[8]Oct 11, 2007
    I voted for season 4. I liked the Augment arc, loved the Vulcan arc, and enjoyed the others. If they had done this for season 3, they might not have been cancelled as soon.

Scorptilicus

[9]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 9
    4. It was the only one that to me felt like a Trek prequel.

Lazdude

[10]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 6
    My favorite is season 3, because it is the first time Star Trek has ever had a long-term story arc, and they pulled it off rather well. Season 4 was also enjoyable, and for me it looked like the series might have some promise - until it was cancelled obviously.

Mafeu

[11]Nov 17, 2007
    Lazdude wrote:
    My favorite is season 3, because it is the first time Star Trek has ever had a long-term story arc, and they pulled it off rather well. Season 4 was also enjoyable, and for me it looked like the series might have some promise - until it was cancelled obviously.

Don't forget the Dominion War of Deep Space 9!

CoolUserName

[12]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 7
    Definitely 4. Loved how the show delved into the history and intricacies of the Star Trek universe that were previously glossed over.

lobomensch

[13]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 51
    Same here, 4 captured the essence of what this show should've started with, rather than being the Weapons of mass distraction/Quantum (bleep) stories we were saddled with.

lazyjay

[14]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 30
    I enjoyed 1 and 2 pretty equally, but not nearly as much as 3 and 4. 1 started out strong, but the series kind of languished through near the end of 2. The transition from 2 to 3 was quite jarring but welcomed. I liked the season long story arc of 3, but I felt it took a while to get into "the groove" of the extended arc format, but with vast improvement towards the end of the season. I think they perfected the multi-episode arcs in 4. I just wish circumstances had been different and the series could have continued. The p!ss-poor attempt at a series finale really, really ticked me off.

So, for me it goes 4 ~> 3 >>> 2 ~= 1... meaning 4 was slightly better than 3 which was much, much better than 2 which was more or less equal to 1.

Adora_Mill

[15]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 2
    I like the first too the most. First of all because there were chanses to every member of the alpha shift to show thier character, to make us feel familiar to every one of them, to understand better what a human may face in deep space on his own with no one to deside but him. It's not a trilogy. These are different stories with different characters to find out.

FamilyGuyFan507

[16]May 2, 2008
    • level: 6

I like season 4 even though it took mulitple episodes to solve the major storyline in a central episode but they were generally better written(Discluding 'These are the Voyages'Not to mention 'In a Mirror Darkly' was just an amazing episode with Jolene Blalock and Linda Park fighting, YES!

Archer2551

[17]May 19, 2008
    • level: 1
    Season 4 is my favourite as it has great, interesting story arcs like the Klingon virus and my favourite, the mirror universe. My second favourite goes to season 3. I liked the Xindi storyline.

lazyjay

[18]May 26, 2008
    • level: 30
    I've already stated my favorite, but I though I'd share what I found on Netflix. Enterprise season 4 is (as of 5/26/2008 ) rated higher on the customer ratings (4.3/5) than any other incarnation (movie or season/series) of Star Trek they have available for rent. That is interesting to me.

tv.com ratings...
    TOS: 8.7
    TNG: 9.2
    DS9: 9.0
    VOY: 8.8
    ENT: 8.5

Season 4 of Enterprise was very good (without the finale), but it didn't hold a canlde to DS9 seasons 3-7. Does that mean Enterprise was more accessible to the viewing public and less "Treky" than the other series, or is it just that there're not yet enough responses on Netflix for an accurate rating... or is it something else.
    Edited on 05/26/2008 4:17am

captainslater

[19]Jun 1, 2008

Season 1 had some great moments. I've enjoyed "Broken Bow" as well the Pe'Jem episodes.

To see Andorians, Vulcans and old (new) Klingons was a good time.

The Xindi-thing was strange. Season 3 was excited, I guess the wanted to develop something like the Dominion War. But after the 4.01 with that Nazi-ending of this story line I was shocked. Never seen greater crap in Trek history.

Season 4 was great. The team has done such a great work with good episodes about Andoria, the Klingon forehead mystery, Vulcan history and at least Federation history. Sadly this was the last one

Adora_Mill

[20]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 2
    Why the Xindi arc was so strange to ya? As to Nazi episodes, it was soo obvious that the timeline will change. It only made me think why using it (the change of the timeline) so often?