Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

If season 5 happened....

cale1234567

[21]Oct 8, 2008
    • level: 7
    does anyone know when the next ent book comes out its kinda continues the saga and makes up for the sucky finale
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Bricriu333

[22]Nov 8, 2008
    • level: 10
    I would have loved to see the trip/t'pol storyline go somewhere! I loved them together!

cale1234567

[23]Nov 18, 2008
    the kobyashi maru book is even better than "the good men do"the coalition declares war on the romulans and archer faces the no win scenario

Timewhisper

[24]Dec 9, 2008
    CoolUserName wrote:
    I heard that Shran was going to become a crew member for season 5, but I heard that a while ago and I don't have a link.

I doubt that would have worked out. Although he is my favorite recurring character on Enterprise that just doesn't seem plausible for his character.

Baracudda

[25]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 1

Well, in order to preserve the continuity (Something that has always made ST much more than the others to me) they would have to follow a better timeline than any of your possible scenarios. Those events didn't take place in the timeline for quite a while...

With that in mind.. I think we would have seen more about the relations between different species and the Earth. Allot of things needed to happen to authenticate the original series as there WERE a few discontinuities in the show. (I loved it BTW.. but I'm a nitpicker when it comes to ST... so some things just rub me wrong)

Shran was an excellent character and I certainly would have loved to see him in more episodes... but I agree.. he would not have become a member of the crew or even be on board the enterprise in any way that he hasn't already. The Andorian's weren't a part of "StarFleet" until much later than TOS... and even then only in speculation and books. Though they WERE a prominent part of the Federation from the beginning.

Personally, I'd like to see some problems with the technology... not an upgrade... it was already overstepping TOS in some ways. It's good to have a Sci0Fi show with a high level of tech... but the timeline needs to be correct. I'm thinking more of things like "Phaser malfunctions" that cause accidental overloads and such that StarFleet finds are too dangerous and need to be recalled and reassessed. That would put them on a new route for a while and keep up with the pilot "The Cage". (Just a "For instance"... there are allot of things that were far to evolved for that time in ST history.

Again.. I loved the show.. still do... and I hate that Tucker got killed in the end. Heck! He had better women than the Captain!! I was hoping that he either had a real relationship with T'Pol or maybe went back to visit his "Princess"... Something about seeing him in the up and coming movie as an aged technical adviser on the engines for those ships... have him mention a side along joke about something he did on Enterprise... Something like "Now don't go gettin' knocked up boys!" as they're heading down a corridor to join the crew of a starship....lol His character was one of my all time faves in ST shows!

Anyhow... Yeah, those scenarios seem cool... but like the "Enterprise" from the up and coming movie... it just wouldn't't fit as a prequel.

Edited on 01/19/2009 7:24pm

seto1

[26]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 16
    THATS true but is still an intresting idea