Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

last episode?

ashman2

[21]Aug 26, 2006
    • level: 24
    They tried to make the last episode good and failed...completely. Tripp shouldn't have died, he should have bagged T'pol (sorry about the language). Archer should have either been promoted or gone out in a glorious battle with either the Klingons or the Suliban. Hoshi and Travis should have got it together, they were so well suited. AND Riker and Troi should NEVER have been allowed NEAR the set let, alone into an episode. Congratulations on ruining the most unnerdy (after Shatner's series) of the Star Trek series. Should have called it 'Revenge of the Geek'. Sorry I had to vent my frustration with the producers because no one I know watches Enterprise and I only just found this truely awesome website.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pinkslipper

[22]Aug 26, 2006
    • level: 7

Just my 2 cents

I watched S4 on DVD. Now I did know before I watched S4, that some fans said that 'These are the voyages' was a bad episode, to say the least. It was not that bad, but not that great either. Not worthy of an ending, I'll have to agree on that.

What I did was. I watched Bound, skipped In a mirror darkly, watched 'Demons/Terra prime', then 'These are the voyages' and then In a mirror darkly. The mirror episodes were the best episodes. So I ended Enterprise with those episodes that was worthy of an ending. A weird ending perhaps, but way better than 'These are the voyages'.  

Avivaldi72

[23]Aug 31, 2006
    • level: 12
    I hated the last episode. I refuse to watch it again. It was poorly written. I still think Trip and T'Pol should have been together.

shoesparkles

[24]Aug 31, 2006
    • level: 4
    The last episode was disgusting. It was barely about the Enterprise characters (focusing instead on Riker and Troi) and the characters that were represented seemed totally different from the characters we got to know in every other episode of the series. The whole episode screamed of stupid plot devices all designed to lead directly to Trip's death.

I don't know. The whole episode was one horrible reminder of how divorced Berman and Braga are for the fans. Before the episode aired, they kept referring to it as a "valentine" and talking about how excited they were to be doing something they had never done before. And then they killed Trip. It just kills me how Manny Coto basically rescues the series and takes it past watchable to truly enjoyable (during Season 4), and then Berman and Braga top it off with this. Ugh.

Deanna_T

[25]Aug 31, 2006
    • level: 28
    episode 98 was the killa's b finger to the fans. oh, trek 11 is a prequel.

lobomensch

[26]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 51
    It seems like just about everyone save the late Michael Piller did their best to flush Trek down the toilet.  And they aren't content to stop with Trek either, I look at the way Ronald D. Moore vomited all over the characters for his "reimagined" bastardization of Battlestar Galactica and wonder how hacks like this keep getting work when there are countless other fan-based writers that could offer fresh ideas and new takes.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Trek 11, being that Abrams wasn't in this circle but am not expecting a miracle.

Deanna_T

[27]Oct 26, 2006
    i'm a bur fan!

lobomensch

[28]Oct 28, 2006
    I am an original BSG fan... It may not have been top-drawer sci-fi, but you'd resent it too if you had characters you grew up with were suddenly treated like something a bad soap writer would churn out. It's like turning Spock into a dumb jock, or McCoy into a drug addict.

Deanna_T

[29]Oct 28, 2006

opps it's "behr" i cannot believe i misspelled it!

u make a point. or turning kirk into a crossing dressing nanny..."mr. spockkkkkkk...hahaha"

behr, coto, and the reeves-stevens would have made one heck of a trek. completely shamed all of the other treks, including ds9, which in fact, is the "smart" trek. now, it's to late we dont know where the franchise is going, but  luckily there are the books to occupy my time.

lobomensch

[30]Oct 29, 2006
    "Must..loosen..girdle"

That is a real thought, having Behr take the reins..what a Trek that would have been. Ever give the Trek comics by DC a try? Both series of TOS and the TNG as well as crossover books were pretty well-written for the most part, few duds here and there but hey, that was same for series.

Deanna_T

[31]Nov 2, 2006
    i'm starting to prefer the books over the shows. i'm reading TOS vanguard right now...one word: awesome. titan cant match up. its only been out for three books now, and the writing cant match up to the vanguard that has the same number of books out. i'm gonna keep reading them...totally new world. trek is awewsome...but sadly, when done right.

dregj

[32]Nov 16, 2006
    • level: 12
    "These are the voyages" was not bad
    it did however eat its own young
    It was an extra special insult to those that stayed with the show defended it from critism and watched it religously

The took a giant dump all over the trek fans
    and said thanks for buying all the crappy merchandise losers