Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

Miniskirts

tb485

[1]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 8

After re-watching the original series on TV Land I do have one question. When did Starfleet authorize miniskirts for female crew members? It must have happened between Enterprise and the original series.

Oh well, too bad Enterprise didn't last long enough so we could see the transition.

Edited on 01/27/2008 4:51pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tronman100

[2]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 11
    Haha, yea. And Jadzia in that TOS miniskirt from "Trials and Tribble-ations"......mmmmmmm......

copygeek

[3]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 13
    tb485 wrote:

After re-watching the original series on TV Land I do have one question. When did Starfleet authorize miniskirts for female crew members? It must have happened between Enterprise and the original series.

Oh well, too bad Enterprise didn't last long enough so we could see the transition.

I think Roy Mustang must have risen to power in Starfleet shortly before the uniform change was inacted!

Clemontine

[4]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 23
    Lol, seriously, it doesnt make much sense.

CoolUserName

[5]Mar 7, 2008
    • level: 7
    copygeek wrote:
    tb485 wrote:

I think Roy Mustang must have risen to power in Starfleet shortly before the uniform change was inacted!

LOL, great reference!

I feel like a lot of Trek girls that I've met actually prefer the short skirts, and Jadzia seemed to! Too bad Enterprise didn't bring back that style.

spookyspock

[6]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 3
    Perhapes miniskirts were in fashion again in the mid 23rd century, but DANG did they do a 180 10 years later...All red and unflattering...

Adora_Mill

[7]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 2
    Can't say I like miniskirts, but what is true is thatthe uniform changed in 2265 (http://www.st-spike.org/pages/uniforms/2265-2270/uniforms.htm). It was made so that one can recognize a female officer from male officer. As to NX-01, they showed kind of this fashion modifications in "In the Mirror, Darkly".