Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

NEW TREK MOVIE!! What the?!

Deanna_T

[61]Aug 7, 2006
    • level: 28
    u kidding? the show would take place on risa! where else could a filth fest happen so freely. hehehe austin powers wedding scenes...wht a classic. with high chair, flowers, candles, the whole works along side catchy music compained by syconized dancing at the end. the "lwaxana boat" and ever some has a little around with the face on it and they all smile and this wk's guests are ezri and worf. i would so watch it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lobomensch

[62]Aug 9, 2006
    • level: 51
    Something exciting and newwww.... Episode titles come to mind, like "Love Is A Many Splintered Thing" and "Lover, Come Trek To Me." Wonder what network it will debut on? HBO if you want the really naughty bits intact. I can see this being a sweeps week fill-in for a regular network though. Next up, Trip & T'Pol in "Days Of Wine And Pecan Pie".

Deanna_T

[63]Aug 14, 2006
    the spice channel or the pay per views. then my 12 y/o cousin will be downloading it via bit torrent and selling me a copy which in turn i'll buy a copy and make my own copys. sad.

the tripp and t'pol video will be remsinist of tommy lee's and pamala andersons sex tape, i bet. but this time with goats, tractors, baby toys, dog toys, whip cream, and all around greek style antics. something me and cousin would watch late at nite when our parents are asleep then blog about it.

lobomensch

[64]Aug 20, 2006
    I have a feeling some fan will subscribe to it, with future volumes like "Vulcan Pressure Therapy Uncensored" and "Denobulan Multiple Freak Orgy" being promised but never delivered, yet still billed for.

Deanna_T

[65]Aug 21, 2006
    when it's written by B&B...can talk the talk, but cant walk the walk!

watch my cousin download a paris hilton version of!

lobomensch

[66]Aug 24, 2006
    I wonder if B & B will move to the direct-to-video market now that they aren't on the studio wantlist any more. Making what kind of features, though?

Deanna_T

[67]Aug 24, 2006
    i know! i know! "olsen twins go paris, tx" that involves two 20 girls y/o flirting with dirty old men and that twists into some sort of qusi-anna nicole smith bio with the olsen twins going all sorts of wierd things for money.

donkeyporker233

[68]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 3
    Personally I think the concept of this 11th film seems about as interesting as Star Trek IV. Damn that movie sucked.

Travis_Crincoli

[69]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 12
    I would like to see a DS9 Movie, or more better, a Voyager movie.

wingsabre

[70]Dec 31, 2006
    • level: 13
    Honestly if they want to do a reboot, I'd like to see a Mirror Universe Series, either a la enterprise where they tell a story almost split screen with both universes, or a story entirely in the mirror universe after the events of DS9. It can be a great series, either telling the founding of the terrain empire and starfleet, or if the series takes place after DS9 it could bringing back the Klingons, and Cardassians as the main enemy. Romulans could be a third party to the series.

If it's after DS9, then the series will almost be like Stargate, or 24, but it'll be less dark compared to the prequel.

ReaperXxxx

[71]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 1
    I'm not a big fan of the prequil premise. How about something interesting like a Voyager or DS9 movie?

HiTekRedNek2112

[72]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 13

I am TOS fan that would love to see the show rebooted. If it comes out as good as Batman Begins, then I think this could be a huge resurgence to the franchise. I like all of the Star Trek franchise (except for the web stuff) and would like to see more.

sfviewer

[73]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 27
    a kirk prequel sounds an exciting story. i'll definitely go see that. they should make a movie for DS9 and voyager as well.

heeroyuy2006

[74]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 8
    sfviewer wrote:
    a kirk prequel sounds an exciting story. i'll definitely go see that. they should make a movie for DS9 and voyager as well.

Amen to that. I love the idea of more adventures of Captain Kirk, Spock, McCoy, et cetera and hope in movies after Trek XI that some will take place in the time between The Motion Picture and Wrath of Khan. I'd also like a movie or two set between Final Frontier and Undiscovered Country. Saying this, I really hope there will be a DS9/Voyager crossover movie.

stvjanewayfan

[75]Aug 30, 2007
    • level: 1
    I want a Star Trek Voyager movie I don't think it's right they left Kathryn Janeway unmarried and with no children.I want to see her get married.She had been through hell and has the right to have children.If they weren't going to have her marry during the show they should do a movie where she finally marries someone.Admiral Janeway changed history so let her marry.So I think it would be great for a Star Trek voyager movie.

Martiangrl

[76]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 11

I'm relatively new to Star Trek (only 2-3 years). Since I've been staying almost exclusively in the TOS and TAS, I haven't seen the later movies most people on these forums seem to hate (though I'm beginning to move into theother series nowadays). So I'm actuallyvery excited about this new movie. Especially if it's about Kirk and Spock.

Personally, I'd like to see some more backstory about Spock, maybe withNimoy in an appearace as Selik and then onto Spock's first estrangement from Sarek. Academy days could also be good as long as they are showing their lives seperate from each other until they meet on the Enterprise. And of course to see Kirk as a captain for the first time learning the ropes and the crew. Any word if they are going to be casting fora Christopher Pike or better yet, Gary Mitchell? I would think the latter would bea must seeing as he was his Kirk's oldest and best friend in WNMHGB.

I don't think it'll do any good to be too pessamistic. Otherwise, we may end up killing something great. I think it best to be cautiously optimistic. Seethe movieas is and then if it is truly good or bad, spread the word. Who knows, right?

sporkman5353

[77]Sep 8, 2007
    • level: 18
    Martiangrl wrote:

I'm relatively new to Star Trek (only 2-3 years). Since I've been staying almost exclusively in the TOS and TAS, I haven't seen the later movies most people on these forums seem to hate (though I'm beginning to move into theother series nowadays). So I'm actuallyvery excited about this new movie. Especially if it's about Kirk and Spock.

Personally, I'd like to see some more backstory about Spock, maybe withNimoy in an appearace as Selik and then onto Spock's first estrangement from Sarek. Academy days could also be good as long as they are showing their lives seperate from each other until they meet on the Enterprise. And of course to see Kirk as a captain for the first time learning the ropes and the crew. Any word if they are going to be casting fora Christopher Pike or better yet, Gary Mitchell? I would think the latter would bea must seeing as he was his Kirk's oldest and best friend in WNMHGB.

I don't think it'll do any good to be too pessamistic. Otherwise, we may end up killing something great. I think it best to be cautiously optimistic. Seethe movieas is and then if it is truly good or bad, spread the word. Who knows, right?

Agreed, okay this can be pulled off right. The only thing is the even movies in star trek tend to be good while the odd ones are bad/worse.

Deanna_T

[78]Sep 15, 2007
    Pike movie...I would so see that. I don't want a TOS movie and I already don't acknowledge the upcoming existence of Trek 11. I still want a VOY movie or atleast something new and original with an entirely new cast and everything else.

beowulf579

[79]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 59
    I think a full fledge big screen movie is just going to kill the franchise if it's not good.
    Just look at the Highlander movie; The Source. If that would ahve came to theatre instead of direct to vid/ on tv....the Highlander franchise would be doomed.

This is what I am worried about with Trek....if this movie doesn't grab the general public and ends up making the fanbase angry....thats the end of it. I say do a mini-series based on Trek..or a tv movies.

Just imagine :Tales of the Dominion War into a mini-series

Or one based on Section 31 througout the trek timeline. A mini movie every night covering another time frame:
    1. The Founding: what event really solidified the formation of Section 31
    2. To Quietly Go: An adventure in Kirk's time
    3. Pegasus Rising: The phase cloak development
    4. Changling Wars: secret ops into the Gamma quadrant prior to the Dominion War
    5. Future's Beginning: Where it's going after the Voyager's time

lobomensch

[80]Oct 16, 2007
    Yeah, but given the way Trek has been handled on tv this decade and Paramount's insistence on following popular trends/annoying fads, we're more likely to see:

A Cat, A Bot, and A Pizza Place - Reality series where Data tries being a chef.
    Survivor: Cardassia - Garak challenges you to elude the Obsidian Order on a scavenger hunt for items like stem bolts, yamak sauce, and a vintage bottle of kanar.
    Who Wants To Be Grand Nagus - winner must face obstacles like seeker drones, wedgies, and auditors.
    Mi Corazon del Betazed - telenovela of the Troi family and Will Riker