Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

Prequel ideas: Klingons Rise of the Empire

beowulf579

[1]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 59

One of the things that seemed to plagued Enterprise was the fact that so much of the Federation was already known. How about some of the other powers involved?

Think of an animated series based on the rise of the Klingon Empire. Maybe a mini series based on some of the legendary Klingon characters of the past. Thier first attempts at space travel. First contact with a alien species. It could be interesting. And with a limited knowledge, but enough not to be spoonfed the basics, a prequel series could be done on them.

Maybe some other Trek species I'm not sure of? Perhaps the Rise of the Borg or the Dominion.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lobomensch

[2]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 51
    As I mentioned in another thread, I think something focusing on the Gorn would've been good -- actually, I would've liked to have seen some more of the "one-shot" races from TOS touched on -- just what was Trelane and his parents -- part of the Q continuum, as Peter David wrote in Q Squared? There are a lot of good novels and even fanfic articles to draw on, will they ever listen to what the people that watch the show would like, for once?

beowulf579

[3]Dec 28, 2007
    Good idea. I always thought the way Trek should go is the way of the mini series. I doubt anyone is going to invest in a full fledge TV series about Star Trek for a long while.

So try a mini-series based around the minor powers of the TOS.

1. Gorn
    2. Trelane
    3. Mirror Universe right after Mirror Kirk returned

They could make a month of it. Every weekend a new made for Tv movie on a different Trek subject.

lobomensch

[4]Dec 28, 2007

Too bad they can't do an anthology series, but given how badly that format has been handled this decade, I can see where they would be reticent about it, recent examples including that mediocre Twilight Zone remake and Masters (?) Of Science Fiction series that got pulled after, what, 7 eps?

FrozenHeart_

[5]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 8
    Could possibly be intresting for a short series, But longterm I think it would be kinda hard without human emotions to relate too.

lobomensch

[6]Jan 1, 2008
    Klingons show the (ahem) flower of human emotions, that's what makes them so entertaining!

ootsdemons

[7]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    we could see the brave klingons fighting against the hurk occcupation.
    it could have a fourth season galactica feel

beowulf579

[8]Jan 22, 2008
    That could be interesting...espeically if it seemed like Battlestar. The Klingons would be the type that would love to one manned fighters...getting the glory of battle.
    Imagine a one or two manned Klingon fighter...probably look like a mini old styled Bird of Prey. Or think of the Delta Flyer in grey...the bottom "wings" extended down like a Klingon bird of prey. That might be the style.
    This could be a great mini series.
    The Rise of The Klingon Empire: Hurq