TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

"Star Trek: Enterprise" Season 5

Captain59

[1]Dec 7, 2005
    • level: 5
    With Paramount annoucing they are going to start creating movies and entire TV series in the direct-to-DVD format, many of us Enterprise fans have come together feeling this could be a possible format that could render the return of Enterprise. This is of course a long shot, but not impossible. If anyone is interested in joining the cause, please visit:

Enterprise Season 5

Thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cyndia1968

[2]Dec 29, 2005
    • level: 1
    Paramount would be crazy not to... they already have an established fan-base with Trek, so it would be an instant money maker. Trek fans would buy it, whether it was any "good" or not.

That was my major beef with Enterprise... they started out doing what they said they would do -- exploration. Some idiot said "we need more wars! we need more time travel!" and that's what killed it, imo. I mean, we were watching... but I guess they felt they had to leave on a cliffhanger every time to keep the fans coming back, but the thing was... we were already there!

TJSpyke

[3]Jan 23, 2006
    • level: 5
    I liked the whole Xindi story arc, that's what really got me to watching it every week.

Shardyk

[4]Jan 30, 2006
    • level: 25
    I don't remember Paramount saying they were going to release TV series straight to DVD. That would be an interesting idea.

benajohnson

[5]Feb 3, 2006
    • level: 9
    It seems like it would generally be a bad idea. TV series are expensive to make. One of the ways they pay for themselves is through all the ads that are sold (or subscribers as is the case for some shows). To do a series straight to DVD is a major risk that the show may never gain an audience (if it's not an already established show).

yatessixecho

[6]Feb 10, 2006
    • level: 7
    I am very disappointed that Enterprise was cancelled. I agree that Paramount should continue to make new episodes and heck I would buy every season on DVD but they're so expensive. Come on Paramount and UPN, make more episodes.

jhewitt3211

[7]Feb 19, 2006
    • level: 2
    yatessixecho wrote:
    I am very disappointed that Enterprise was cancelled. I agree that Paramount should continue to make new episodes and heck I would buy every season on DVD but they're so expensive. Come on Paramount and UPN, make more episodes.

UPN or Paramount would only spend money or time making new episodes only if there is big market for these DVDs.

But if you can't afford to buy the Enterprise DVDs for Seasons 1-4, then how are you going to afford to buy new episodes for Season 5?

Enterprise was canceled because its Nielson rating declined to about 2 million viewers and it was very expensive to produce, especially since it uses all those fancy special computer effects to show spaceships flying through space.

If Enterprise had a much higher Nielsen ratings, then the UPN tetwork could earn more profit from advertising fees that it charges to sponsors and advertisers who want to run their commercials during the show’s broadcast.

If the network does not earn enough profit from the TV show’s advertising fees, then UPN won't be able to pay for the cost and expense of producing the show, which means the TV network will CANCEL the show to save money!

eliciab

[8]Feb 27, 2006
    • level: 12
    What's the point of a season 5?
    Don't get me wrong I love Trek and I liked this series. But with all the abuse it got in its last year, I don't see the point to revisit it.
    They showed they didn't care about Enterprise, they killed one of the main cast (and one of the favorites among the fans) and they didn't even write an end that was entirely Enterprise (they needed Riker and Troy!).

What I want is a new concept and a new Trek series.

schlechtaffe

[9]Jan 23, 2009

I hope this isn't too dead a thread. Has it been considered that the events in the Season 4 finale take place 6 years later than the rest of the season?

I heard some mention about Tucker being killed off ruining the series. The way I see it they have up to 6 seasons of room left. Just a thought.

seto1

[10]Feb 5, 2009
    • level: 16
    To me this show didnt have much room to expand,the future was already set meaning to make the show appealing and add suspense the writers could have only used one of two option,either use a time travel parady where the future was not as set in stone as we thought .The other option was alternate dimensions but the former created a greater scope and as such this was there choice.

cale1234567

[11]Feb 9, 2009
    jhewitt3211 wrote:
    yatessixecho wrote:

UPN or Paramount would only spend money or time making new episodes only if there is big market for these DVDs.

But if you can't afford to buy the Enterprise DVDs for Seasons 1-4, then how are you going to afford to buy new episodes for Season 5?

Enterprise was canceled because its Nielson rating declined to about 2 million viewers and it was very expensive to produce, especially since it uses all those fancy special computer effects to show spaceships flying through space.

If Enterprise had a much higher Nielsen ratings, then the UPN tetwork could earn more profit from advertising fees that it charges to sponsors and advertisers who want to run their commercials during the show's broadcast.

If the network does not earn enough profit from the TV show's advertising fees, then UPN won't be able to pay for the cost and expense of producing the show, which means the TV network will CANCEL the show to save money!

annoyingly there were shows far worse off than enterprise
    they were kept on air.Veronica mars being chief among them.

seto1

[12]Feb 11, 2009
    hey veronica mars was that bad,and i say this having no idea what that show was about,only knowing the lead was a hot blonde.It had to do with a martians right lol.

Rich1701

[13]Sep 24, 2009
    • level: 3
    Why would anyone would want to revive this show is beyond me. Enterprise is not Star Trek.

seto1

[14]Oct 11, 2009
    For many of us fans enterprise has become a fiting addition to the star trek universe and has helped with its understanding.

Abriel004

[15]Dec 13, 2009
    • level: 8
    Man, i hope they actually do make a straight-to-dvd Season 5. I already own all 4 season sets. Bought them a long time ago. However, what i will not do is allow myself to get ripped off by stores that want to gouge customers with outrageous prices. I was dumb enough to pay $79.99 for a 1st edition of Season 1. Trust me, that is NEVER going to happen again. If Paramount expects me to watch Season 5 on straight-to-dvd right away, then they better not raise the price so high that i have to be forced to buy it from Tower Direct. Because at least with Tower Direct, when it's on sale you usually save close to 50% compared to regular stores. I know, that's how i ended up with Season 3 for $35.99 instead of $129.99 or $79.99

lazyjay

[16]Jan 10, 2010
    • level: 30
    Rich1701 wrote:
    Why would anyone would want to revive this show is beyond me. Enterprise is not Star Trek.
    It was more Star Trek than the new movie was.

wingsabre

[17]Jan 13, 2010
    • level: 13
    lazyjay wrote:
    Rich1701 wrote:
    It was more Star Trek than the new movie was.

The new movie was fun. It had the spirit, and energy that TOS had. TNG was much more cereal, DS9 had fun moments, but it was very much a darker, more modern show. Voy kind of felt repetitive, while ENT as a whole felt like it was trying too hard to be Star Trek, and too hard to be relevant to 9/11. It should have started out like season 4, and really be a prequel, but it chose not to. It turned fans away.

Additionally, any hopes of a season 5 ended with the last episode of season 4. It's unfathomable how "These are the Voyages" ended up being a fan favorite for the DVD collection of Captian's Log, when the majority of Ent fans hated that episode.

Timewhisper

[18]Jan 25, 2010
    I don't see a Season 5 happening (but if somehow it did I'd watch it), but a enterprise movie is possible.

JohnathanBrow

[19]Jun 23, 2010
    TO be honest, the last episode of ENT was appalling, why would they want to kill of one of the main characters?? In my eyes, ENT wouldn't of been anywhere without Trip, killing him off was one bad mistake after another...

Also, why would they need to jump ahead 6 years?? We find out that T'Pol and Trip didn't work out, but why, they looked so close in the episode where their child died.

Very unhappy with the last episode.

Also, for you Trek fans

http://www.startrekcardinal.com/

Looking forward to that one!!