Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

TATV considered a Fan Favorite?

copygeek

[1]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 13

According to Star Trek.com, the new collectors DVD "Captain's Log" has episodes chosen by the actors who played the various captains as well as episodes chosen as "fan favorites". SOMEHOW, "These are the Voyages" was chosen as a "Fan Favorite!

WHO are these so-called FANS? TATV is the WORST episode of the Enterprise, and there were a few real stinkers in the first season. I feel sort of insulted that TATV was put on the DVD when many fans don't even consider that episode a legitimate episode of Enterprise. Most of those fans feel like the last episode of Enterprise was Terra Prime. Except for the fact that it was the second part of a two part arc, I thinkit should have been placed on the DVD as one of the fan favorites.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tronman100

[2]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 11
    copygeek wrote:

According to Star Trek.com, the new collectors DVD "Captain's Log" has episodes chosen by the actors who played the various captains as well as episodes chosen as "fan favorites". SOMEHOW, "These are the Voyages" was chosen as a "Fan Favorite!

WHO are these so-called FANS? TATV is the WORST episode of the Enterprise, and there were a few real stinkers in the first season. I feel sort of insulted that TATV was put on the DVD when many fans don't even consider that episode a legitimate episode of Enterprise. Most of those fans feel like the last episode of Enterprise was Terra Prime. Except for the fact that it was the second part of a two part arc, I thinkit should have been placed on the DVD as one of the fan favorites.

That is odd indeed. I've been thinking though....TATV would have been stomachable, if not actually decent, if they had simply made it take place in the future with Riker facing a different ethical dilemma with Troi aboard the Titan, instead of during the Pegasus on the Enterprise D. I still think it was weak overall, especially for a series finale, and am surprised it was choses as a fan favorite. I don't even remember a place where you could vote, but I haven't been on StarTrek.com in a while except to read the Trek Life. The rest of the set seems pretty good though, the only other gripe I have is Patrick Steward picked "In Theory" as his episode. Come on, I thought the set was supposed to be episodes featuring the captains, this ep wasn't even really about Picard...just directed by him, his storyline was pretty well secondary, and not even a great one at that. Oh well.

Edited on 07/27/2007 5:35am
    Edited 3 total times.

PunkNerd5

[3]Aug 5, 2007
    • level: 24
    HAHA! TATV fan favourite? It was probably a lucky-dip as opposed to a vote, and TATV got chosen. I don't think TATV would have got enough votes to win, let alone enough to even look significant on a poll, especially since there are at least 90 better episodes than TATV.

alex20020712

[4]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 7
    copygeek wrote:
    WHO are these so-called FANS?

Maybe when they said "fans," they meant to say "Berman and Braga."

PunkNerd5

[5]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 24

alex20020712 wrote:
    copygeek wrote:
    WHO are these so-called FANS?
    Maybe when they said "fans," they meant to say "Berman and Braga."

HAHA! I like

poundpuppy29

[6]Oct 13, 2007
    • level: 5
    LMAO ROTF TATV is Fan favorite I wanted to throw things at the T.V. after watching it I watched every ep of ENT LOVED LOVED it and that ep left a bitter taste in my mouth. That ep did not happen in my AU