Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

Temporal Cold War

serenity01

[1]Sep 29, 2008
    • level: 15
    Hey, just rewatching the series since a friend told me it got good near the end after I stopped watching. and i was wondering, do they ever do anything with the whole Temporal Cold War story-line that was started at the beginning of the series?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chriseternal

[2]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 32
    Oh yeah. The temporal cold war ends up becoming the biggest problem the Enterprise crew has to face. In season 4 the crew finds itself in the middle of WWII, where Nazis have won the war and has invaded the United States with the help of an alien race, all due to the temporal cold war. Keep watching!!!

seto1

[3]Oct 3, 2008
    • level: 16
    yeah that's one of my favorite seasons,it would have been better if we saw a future enterprise helping out in the shadows

Timewhisper

[4]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 7
    I think they ended it too abruptly, more could have been done to wrap it up without looking like it was done in haste.

seto1

[5]Apr 4, 2009
    THATS TRUE

Boinkdexter

[6]May 12, 2009
    • level: 19
    Star Trek also lost me during the middle of Enterprise as well. But I just finished seeing the latest film and it sort of got me thinking. Did they ever identify who it was from the future that was trying to mess with Archer's crew's timeline? If they didn't, then is it possible it has something to do with this movie?

seto1

[7]May 19, 2009
    Actually they didnt but the purpose of time travel is clearly different.The mysterious aliens of enterprise wanted to prevent the formation of the federation as it would eventually pose a threat,the romulans of the new movie simply want to exact their revenge on the vulcan home world.

Boinkdexter

[8]May 20, 2009
    • level: 19
    Thank you! I was hoping someone would say something like that. I recently forked out a great deal of dough for the DVD's of TOS, TNG, DS9 and Voyager and I was happy to do it. But even an obsessive collector like me is perfectly happy w/o Enterprise. Now, if they do make a sequel to the latest film that somehow ties in the Temporal Cold War, then I may accept Enterprise into my heart. As it stands, that's a commitment that I really don't feel like making. Thanks again.

seto1

[9]May 22, 2009
    Im hoping that temporal war was resolved in maybe in an enterprise movie or somthing its just naging at me.Oh and no problem ,live long and proper.

wingsabre

[10]Jun 19, 2010
    • level: 13
    Honestly, I think they really lost an opportunity with the whole war, since many trek fans though it was out of place and didn't fit with the continuity of the franchise. One huge opportunity lost was making the Xindi Planet killer, a prototype to the planet killer seen in TOS. If that was the case, it would have established a stronger link with the two series, like season 4 was made to be. Season 4 was so much better than the rest of the series because they dropped the whole temporal cold war aspect.