Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

The end of the last episode

Deanna_T

[21]Mar 28, 2006
    • level: 28
    Lobo, I'm going to have to agree with you again on this one.

I'm over Trip's death, but the ending still kinda gets to me. Trek endured as long as it did because it had faithful fans sticking with it threw thick and thin. TOS did a good job exploring space also using hidden current events at the time (60's) to make a point. Some episodes better than others, but it did make a point even though it lasted 3 seasons. TNG could have done with same with Berman woulden't have taken over. Behr did a good job with DS9, why couldent they have done the same with TNG?
    The fans also stuck with the movies. As said, some better than others. Out of the those ten movies, 4 are good (Kahn, Voyage Home, First contant, 6th movie forgot the name), while the other 6 either needed better writing or shouldent have made at all (Insurrection, Nemisis, I'm pointing to those).

Don't forget...TNG was known for s-e-x. 60% of the subplots of the entire 7 seasons were mainly dedicated to Riker getting laid..not a pretty sight. That spiked when Berman took over and as you said, used laundry instructions for TNG. Started off strong, getting weaker, boring, picking up, fold/ending. Along side having Data and Gordi spout technobable, Picard hold meetings, Riker get angry, Crusher suggesting some type of treatment, then have the camera zoom to Troi's chest while she senses emotions....dam Berman circus if you ask me. Ask much as I like TNG, the show is rather overrated, but some episodes turned out pretty good. Namely Q/Borg, Lwaxana, and the later Bajorn/Cardassian episodes. Other times there was a simple solution to a problem, but the over the top writing style made actully taking the easy way out impossible.

ENT could have been wayyyyyyyyyy better. Was it so hard just to fly around space amazed? meeting new ppl? Well, they did meet new ppl...Orions, Borg (huh?), Xindi (-_-), and other jerks. They did actully explore some expanse in which they met their other universe selves....see it wasen't that bad...But they way it was written...the characters were fine..the plot was ok..but stealing ideas from CNN??? now wtf was that? They could have had something similar to CNN, but changed around. Mythological/Biblical/Mid-evil ideas can be used, to. But as long they have oringal ideas along something interesting that's fine. As long as the plot and characters are strong enough to sell the show.

The only way for a better Trek is to actully kick out B&B. But the likely hood of that happaning is a snowballs chance in hell. Paramount...you guys have 10 yrs max, to come up with something astonashing...something that will make u rich, and something that will make us fans rich in love again...I don't want to give you any more of money on shirts, props, DVDs, etc... Keeping losing money for all I care. Just keep me out of a half-baked, poorly written, unspired writing, undevelped charaters, cliched plot of a show. I don't want to leave Trek, but your giving us fans no choice..I'm sticking by the fallen breathen, b/c now it needs all the support it can get. I have the time to wait, don't mess it up.

just a thought:

Wht if Trip's death was going to happen again if the show lived for 7 seasons?

W/the combining of the UPN & WB networks into the CW (Completely Worthless), wht if ENTs death is a blessing in deguise? I mean, If I was a Smallville fan or a Veronica Mars fan (heaven forbid), I'd be worrying about if I was going to get the CW in area on my cable service..and if so, wht are the new times? will my show make it?
    If ENT was still alive, we'd all be worrying and sweating bricks right now...instead of discussing the show. Or maybe the combining of the CW would have coincided with a complete 6 or 7 yr run.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lobomensch

[22]Apr 18, 2006
    • level: 51
    Just rewatched (shivers) "These Are The Voyages" and noticed especially, in regards to Trip's death, just how everyone seems to nonchalantly brush it aside and put on happy faces for the conference at the end. UGH. Spock, even Data were mourned, but watching this again it's like Trip was never cared about to begin with. Is it me or did Berman's brain just freeze up after that death scene and went on auto-pilot?

Deanna_T

[23]Apr 18, 2006
    I think he meant it to say "Fans...Trip's dead, get over it." But T'Pol looked pretty messed after the whole ordeal and I think she said was going to meet his parents or something, and well, Archer never really shows wht he is feeling. Reed, Hoshi, & Travis, werent showen and Pholox said he "couldent keep 3 wives waiting..." & that was the end of it.

Maybe, he assumed that fans would know or understand that the crew was still reeling from Trip's death, & felt he didnet need to explain because he prolly had to eat a nice steak dinner at the sizler.

oh, I remember last yr on CNN, they had a Trek Wk. and there was an interview w/ Dominick K. He looked really sad during the interview and couldent really smile. poor guy, I almost teared up.

lobomensch

[24]Apr 18, 2006
    As if that weren't disgusting enough, you should see the "celebration" they show on the supplemental section of the season 4 DVDs. You see both Berman and Braga going on about "how it's been 18 long years for them" and how "happy" the cast was to be moving on. Star Trek was around before them, and it showed just what arrogant jerks they were to act as though Trek was over "because they said so." If this was a "celebration" I'd love to see any scene in that propaganda piece where the crowd was going wild. NOT.

cybertimes

[25]Apr 19, 2006
    • level: 8
    Was it the end of Star trek, becoue they said it was.

lobomensch

[26]Apr 19, 2006
    Berman and Braga both stated that Trek "had been part of their lives" -- sounds pretty past tense for me.

LithiumAngel420

[27]Apr 22, 2006
    • level: 4
    lobomensch wrote:
    ...You see both Berman and Braga going on about "how it's been 18 long years for them" and how "happy" the cast was to be moving on. Star Trek was around before them, and it showed just what arrogant jerks they were to act as though Trek was over "because they said so."

No Sh!t.

SRP76

[28]May 18, 2006
    • level: 10
    WOW, where did all the people on this forum GO?!

Anyway, if there's anyone around to read this:

You can catch "These Are the Voyages" this week.

If you live in an area that shows reruns of Enterprise in syndication, THIS is the week that they replay the finale.

...just in case anyone hasn't seen it, or wants to see it again.

LithiumAngel420

[29]May 19, 2006
    Thanks. It reruns here, I will check my listings. The last episode is the only one I can stomach (how ironic), being a TNG fan and all.

lobomensch

[30]May 23, 2006
    With me and a lot of other people, though, Riker and Deanna's appearances here are both poorly explained and superfluous. As much as I enjoyed NG, they already had their own finale.

LithiumAngel420

[31]May 24, 2006
    Agreed. Even the amount that Jon and Marina had aged threw things off. But as you said, TNG had it's own finale and I think that a finale for this series could have been much better.

lobomensch

[32]May 26, 2006
    The ironic thing is, the finale for this series could have been what is being rumored for the new movie, the commissioning of the Enterprise NCC-1701. Though I think that is ridculous, given Pike and April before him, would not surprise me if they did try to rewrite chronology again and have Kirk be the first captain. Whatever.

SRP76

[33]May 26, 2006
    • level: 10
    I don't think it would fly as the finale, though.

The crew would all be in their 120s (at least) at the time of the commissioning. Archer seems weak and rickety as it is; I wouldn't want to see a "Grumpy Old Men" Trek crew.

LithiumAngel420

[34]May 27, 2006

lobomensch wrote:
    ...Though I think that is ridculous, given Pike and April before him, would not surprise me if they did try to rewrite chronology again and have Kirk be the first captain. Whatever.

Wouldn't suprise me either... but it would upset me a great deal.

FENIXfan

[35]Jun 4, 2006
    • level: 1

They just wanted to show the Enterprises of Star Trek... So wy didn't they want to show the Enterprise-E?

lobomensch

[36]Jun 4, 2006
    Because the Enterprise-E didn't exist at the time this ep. was set, during "The Pegasus" on NG.

heeroyuy2006

[37]Jun 6, 2006
    • level: 8
    Trip shouldn't have been killed off- period. I didn't mind seeing Riker and Troi, but the episode was badly written. Plus, they built up Archer's speech and never showed it.

bondover

[38]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 1
    heh...they should just rewrite the finale and show it for one night...LOL! I Bet they would get good ratings for that.

Deanna_T

[39]Nov 2, 2006
    that would kick butt!! no troi and riker since they are back on the titan getting chased my aliens.

-archer's speech
    -tripp and t'pol together!
    -NCC-1701 being sent off by oldie t'pol
    -awesome writing by coto, and the reeves-stevens...and maybe a sentance by aron behr! may i ask, wht channel?

sfviewer

[40]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 27

minimax34 wrote:
    what do you think of it?? did you like it?? and did you see than in the end, when they present all the ships, Voyager is missing !!!

i thought the ending was cool, it almost made me cry.

they wouldn't show voyager since it's not an enterprise ship.