Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

The end of the last episode

PunkNerd5

[41]Aug 5, 2007
    • level: 24
    I attended a convention where Connor Trinneer was a guest, and they had just finished filming the finale, and someone asked him about it, and he was disgusted. He didn't like it, and when someone mentioned Rick Berman, you could clearly see in his face he wanted to punch him out for it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Bucephelus

[42]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 4

I also agree with Lobo.

However if they wanted to show Trip again there is a loophole that no one(at least I didn't see) has mentioned. It is that the finale takes place many years in the future of the rest of the series, so they could always use him and simply fill in on a story between the finale and the rest of the shows.

If the do keep the two B's out of it. Maybe use Ronald D. Moore if he would comeback. The movies and episodes he wrote were some of the best.

Edited on 08/06/2007 6:52pm

entnx01dj

[43]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 1
    I totally agree! The fans derserve at least that much!

belial_77

[44]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 17
    PunkNerd5 wrote:
    I attended a convention where Connor Trinneer was a guest, and they had just finished filming the finale, and someone asked him about it, and he was disgusted. He didn't like it, and when someone mentioned Rick Berman, you could clearly see in his face he wanted to punch him out for it.

I don't blame him... that was the worst Trek episode... surpassing Threshold on Voyager... as my GF said when we watched it last week "That last episode was so bad it ruined the entire series for me!" Now she refuses to acknowledge its existence period... to her the show ended with the Terra Prime story...
    Admittedly there's a dozen holes we could use to say that's not how it is... filling in the back story is okay, but then you'd have to have the characters not change, physically or as a character because that's how they were shown in the episode, exactly how they were 6 years previous (even in same cloths)... then again, since it was a holo-deck program, you can say that it was more fiction then fact... but it was a Star Fleet ship, so the logs and records of the crew and captain would have been used as parameters for designing the sim...

So I going to have to agree with my girl about it and say that the episode doesn't exist.

belial_77

[45]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 17

I think all the fans should get together and write a new script... be it 30 min or an hr... where we either re-edit footage from the show, make an animated episode (most cost effective) or at least release it to the public...

I say not to cut out Trips death... but to at least make him go out in style... that's what irked me most about it... he's been in tougher situations and came out unscathed... surely he could of thought of another solution... I think either he should have gone out fighting a major baddie like the Klingons or Romulans instead of some unknown douche-bags with zipper faces (i know the race had appeared on other episodes, but they still suck)... or at least have him try to contain a reactor breach... I know its a lil too Spock, but its more fitting for Trip... He loved the engine and the engine room... he worked on the prototypes on through to the 4 year span of the show... (10 if you count the Voyages time frame) (which I don't)... He knew the engine well enough to completely reset it in less then a min... he should at least be allowed the dignity of dying at his post trying to save the ship...

from what i hear from the posts here, the actors are just as pissed about the episode as we are, I image enough could be persuaded to at least provide voice track for an animated short... hell maybe even a movie.

poundpuppy29

[46]Oct 13, 2007
    • level: 5
    TATV didn't happen in My AU I am still angry about that ep to this day.

Scorptilicus

[47]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 9
    That final shot with the three Enterprises was actually one of the few things I liked about this episode. That, and the Archer/T'Pol scene at the end.

thedeathdefyer

[48]Dec 24, 2007
    • level: 22

As far as I'm concerned this was an episode of ST:TNG not ENT. All this was about was Riker and how he was going to cope with the Pegasus incident (which, by the way, is another inconsistency because he never even visited the holodeck during that time), it had little or no link to Enterprise.

Like many other people, this episode did not happen in my mind. The only thing I liked about it was the ending sequence.

lobomensch

[49]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 51
    The ending sequence was something else I felt tacked on, something that had already been done with the torch being passed in ST:VI -- trying to give an air of nobility to a horrid plot. Hello, Tripp's funeral anyone?

ebayking90

[50]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 9
    This series was a prequel and it was made after TNG ended. Prequels are not easy to do(ask George Lucas), but if you take the time to do it you can pull it off. I thought they did some good research on this show and there might be some continuity problems but no show is perfect. I feel what the producers tried to do was make this show appeal to non-sci fi fans, so as to attract more viewers. That is why this show has a different "feel" to it. Of course die hard ST fans hated this show for that, but if they gave it chance they would have loved it. I thought they did an excellent job with the show and eventhough I was sad to see it end; I thought the series finale was excellent.

ootsdemons

[51]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    actually the whole episode has been debunked by the book
    "the good that men do"
    jake and nog discover recently declassified files about the founding ofthe federation and discover the holo records are woefully wrong.
    they observe the true events of the founding and examine the inconsistencies in the offical story.
    like the lack of promotions
    the criminals warp 2 ship that caught up with the enterprise
    the lack of ships security teams etc

ill print spoilers in my next post

Archer2551

[52]May 18, 2008
    • level: 1
    To me, the last scene (the quote by all three captains, all three ent's) is the only good part of this horrible episode. And just to make it better, why don't they just show the founding of the federation? It ended when she said she had to memorize it at school, and they just ended the program.

Travis_III

[53]May 23, 2008
    • level: 3

Everybody's going to think I'm mad for saying this...but I thought TATV was the best episode of Season 4, partially because it didn't follow all the conventions of how a finale should be like. All that formulaic final episode s**t was really beginning to piss me off, and then this came along, and I was pleasantly surprised by it, and how good (to my mind) it was.

I thought Enterprise's first two seasons were simply the most underrated SF television ever produced. There was realistic character development, and for the first time in a while, Star Trek was about discovering the wonders of the universe and encountering unique forms of life.

Then Season 3 came along. It wasn't bad by any means, but I feel that it lost something by trying to be more action-packed and plot-based.

Season 4 was better than the last, with some decent story arcs and a few nods to the Original Series to keep the fans happy. However, my favourite episodes from that season were the singular ones, which reterned to some degree to what made Seasons 1 and 2 so brilliant.

So when I was going through the final season, I was kind of worried that it would end on a note that was action-packed yet strangely lacking in something I couldn't quite define, which is how I felt on occasion while viewing the latter half of the series. But as it turned out, These are the Voyages was very much like an earlier episode of Enterprise. Ok, it was fairly small in scale, and there wasn't a lot of action, but there was some good character development, which is the main reason I got into Enterprise in the first place. The inclusion of TNG characters Riker and Troi annoyed some, but I found the whole "episode inside the holodeck" idea to be a perfect way to tie together the Star Trek franchise.

The episode was all about relationships between the Enterprise's crewmembers (my favourite scene is the lovely montage where all the other primary characters discuss Trip with Riker, all at this point unaware of his sad fate) as well as what a single moment in time can mean so many years later when everyone who remembered it are long dead.

So while most will deride the episode and brand it as a "disappointment", it is to me one of the finest episodes of a fine show, and a lovely and very unique way to wrap up an excellent franchise.

Adora_Mill

[54]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 2
    Agree.

scifinut99

[55]Jul 1, 2008
    • level: 15
    i enjoyed the fianal episode of enterprise. and how do we know riker diddnt have time to go to the holodeck during pegasus and if everyoneone hates this episode then why did it make the fan colloctive captaians log dvd set

cale1234567

[56]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 7
    spoilers*******

trip s death is faked so he can go under cover for section 31
    its seems the whiley buggers are planning a warp seven engine
    to go on the offensive against the alliance
    trip goes into romulan space posing as a thought to be dead best friend of the main warp scientist on the program.
    meanwhile enterprise discovers another plot by the romulans to restart the maurader program
    they kidnapp hundereds of aenar and attempt to escape to romulan space
    shran (having been canned for losing the kumari)is on board the ship and only has a close friend ship with his aenar girl
    jhamel no baby yet
    in fact the whole thing is actually a few months after elizabeth dies not ten years laters??
    Its a good read and alot more plausable than it sounds

spoiler******************8

Adora_Mill

[57]Jul 12, 2008
    Lizzie died and the whole story about romulans happend. But that was just a beginning of a completely new era. It scratches me inside I couln't go to the foundation of the UFP. But Trip visited T'Pol on it just after captain's left for the speach. Plus he couldn't return as a live engineer buck to ship, so more lonely days filled with section 31 missions. Must tell ya, not everything in the show's true. Some fiction's here just to entertainment. Then, enjoy.

cale1234567

[58]Jul 18, 2008
    seems like a few people did know what the romulans looked like they just kept it under thier hats to avoid damaging the alliance

Adora_Mill

[59]Jul 25, 2008
    Some did. But the reason to hide it wasn't only the aliance. It depends concerning whom we're speaking. E.g. for Vulcans it's a shame for the hole nation that Romulans are their "not-so-distant-relatives".

Timewhisper

[60]Jul 27, 2008
    They should have made Terra Prime the last episode.