Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

The end of the last episode

cale1234567

[61]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 7
    they should have started the dam romulan war
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cook567

[62]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 54
    thedeathdefyer wrote:

As far as I'm concerned this was an episode of ST:TNG not ENT. All this was about was Riker and how he was going to cope with the Pegasus incident (which, by the way, is another inconsistency because he never even visited the holodeck during that time), it had little or no link to Enterprise.

Like many other people, this episode did not happen in my mind. The only thing I liked about it was the ending sequence.

I liked the episode a lot the first time around (mainly because of the recreation of the TNG sets etc.) but i rewatched again earlier in the year after TNG's 'The Pegasus' and it just doesn't fit. Riker would not have enough time to spend in the holodeck with the NX01 crew, especially when acting as the cook (!!!!). It felt like they wanted to pick an episode that he could be worried about, but forgot to actually make it work with the episode it was linked to. They should have had the episode set on the Titan, at least then Marina and Frakes wouldn't have looked a lot older than their appearance in 'The Pegasus'.

AnthonysLewis

[63]Oct 17, 2009
    • level: 2
    To the folks that hated Data's death in NEM I should tell you direct your hate towards Brent Spiner himself. He has said in many an interview that he wanted the character killed off and he was also part of the team that penned the script.

TVvuer69

[64]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 58

AnthonysLewis wrote:
    To the folks that hated Data's death in NEM I should tell you direct your hate towards Brent Spiner himself. He has said in many an interview that he wanted the character killed off and he was also part of the team that penned the script.

The good news is that Data has been resurrected. Though it doesn't explain how it was done, he plays a very important role in a full length comic book titled "Countdown". This is set in the future just prior to the events in this year's Star Trek movie. Other characters featured in this comic include Spock, Nero, Picard, LaForge, and Worf. Anyone interested can purchase this comic for a good price at Amazon.com.

charlieX4791

[65]Nov 11, 2010
    • level: 1

This episode was overall O.K. but there a few mistakes I see. 1. how could shran's Daughter's Kidnaper's catch up to the enterprise if their ship could only reach warp 2, and how could they even come abord enterprise if the ability to transport to one ship to another while going at warp isn't envented until 100 years in the future(by scotty). 2. I can see their point in killing trip, they wanted to make it a finally we wouldn't forgit, but their downfall was that it was too much to cram in with one episode and in result, trip's clone got sent off with a better ending. 3. I like the idea of Riker and troi looking back at the enterprise A but it just din't seem right to me, defantly a good idea for another episode but not the fanily. 4 Iwish they could create two extra minutes for Archers speech because it kinda let me down, I really want to hear that. 5. I know Danels said that it would be six more years til archer gave the speech but skiping six whole years was realy dumb, they could have just made a big finalie and not change any main thing leaveing hope for a rebot series or movies like TOS and TNG

seto1

[66]Nov 14, 2010
    • level: 16
    charlieX4791 wrote:

This episode was overall O.K. but there a few mistakes I see. 1. how could shran's Daughter's Kidnaper's catch up to the enterprise if their ship could only reach warp 2, and how could they even come abord enterprise if the ability to transport to one ship to another while going at warp isn't envented until 100 years in the future(by scotty). 2. I can see their point in killing trip, they wanted to make it a finally we wouldn't forgit, but their downfall was that it was too much to cram in with one episode and in result, trip's clone got sent off with a better ending. 3. I like the idea of Riker and troi looking back at the enterprise A but it just din't seem right to me, defantly a good idea for another episode but not the fanily. 4 Iwish they could create two extra minutes for Archers speech because it kinda let me down, I really want to hear that. 5. I know Danels said that it would be six more years til archer gave the speech but skiping six whole years was realy dumb, they could have just made a big finalie and not change any main thing leaveing hope for a rebot series or movies like TOS and TNG

Well im guessing they did the skip to kinda complete the circle this is a startrek show and whats starfleet without the federation however we get to see that starfleet existed before the federation .The episode is not great i feel they wanted to copy the original too much by killing off trip but loved the end,didnt really quite like riker as the cook but i guess i tolerated him.

scifinut99

[67]Dec 1, 2010
    • level: 15

i realy liked this episode

KennethMcDona

[68]Dec 2, 2010
    • level: 1

As I watched the last episode, in fact it was the last couple fo eposodes, I was unaware that Season 4 was the end. This in itslef was a disappointing fact. As for the end of the last episode, I didn't mind seeking Riker and Troy striding around, although I wouldn't have minded the camera lingering a few moments on Archers address to that huge audience (virtual though it was). It looked very kool.

Ok so the brass put an axe through the already-scripted and resources-in-place fifth season. But to kill off Trip? Why O why?! It made Sletn (? - I'm talking the Blueskin here) vile, after so much which had redeemed him. He lied about thewarp capabilities of the bad guys. And why would Archer enter into a brawl with desperados of that nature on such a pretext, debt or no-debt? The aliens who did the deed were a real motely crew. Those beings were really not up to the production standards of the series, as was the whole episode. In fact, the final three eps were all a bit strange. The story lines 'Terra Prime' (and some of the soundtrack too) were not up to the usual standard of the show. These were maybe the highest standards of the whole franchise: temporal war, the romp through the cultures of the Star Trek Universe, namely Klingon, Romulan, Vulcan, etc was unsurpassed in script and production excellence.

Once more to emphasise the point in question; the ending of the final episode? No, it didn't work. It's hard to believe that Paramount couldn't have sustained ratings fluctuations for the most successful TV series in History for one more season. The World could've seen the show rounded off properly. Compare it to the magnificent ending of Voyager!

Commander Tucker's untimely demise is something to haunt the executives responsible for years to come. Braga & Berman no doubt had their hands full. The blame rests with Paramount, and I have heard it was because they wanted to do more comedy. Screw your comedy screwballs! KM SYdney Australia 2nd december, 2010

CiaraPearson

[69]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 4

I think this was just a rushed and cheap send off.

A. It's not even about the Enterprise crew. It's about Riker.

B. I don't mind so much that a major character dies, but how he dies is an insult. Even Silik, the long-time enemy, gets a better/more believable death (even though it was from S3) than Trip.

C. The holodeck simulation would have been an interesting possibility, but not as a finale where lots of things we want to see are skipped because the simulation runners 'already know what happened.'

D. Even Chef, who we never get to see, is replaced by Riker. Jerks.

So, like many others, I choose to ignore the existence of this episode.