Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

the perks about living on the colombia...

Deanna_T

[1]Dec 26, 2007
    • level: 28

as we all know, capt. hdz is hispanic (like me) so the colombia has been "molded" to remind all the hispanics of home.

btw, if you think this a stereotype, then leave because this topic isn't for you...

1. the friday special is the super tosada (6in x 4in) with guacamole, chicken, and sour cream served with mexican soda

2. tamales (chicken, beef, bean, and pork) are breakfast options everyday of the yr and not just at x-mas

3. if your sink or whtever breaks, don't need to call maintenance since the person next door knows how to fix it

4. rice and beans ARE always served with lunch along with torillas de maiz or harina...you get 2 of each

5. half of the ship is painted with murals depicting of all things, the mexican revolution with zapata and all them...

6. 7+ ppl packed in almost every room even though the ship is very roomy, but compadres always stick together...

7. every one speaks in spanish, even though they know english, so wht?

8. tripp got diarrhea when he had the guesado de puerco con salsa roja...

9. half of the ship looks like the inner city...

10. edward james olmos is your hero...

11. all the border ppl speak "spanglish" even the capt

12. ll and y don't confuse you. ex. pollo, ayer

13. i'm the guera...

14. selena's music blares at 90 decibals thoughout the ship.. bibibibi bumbum. including reggeton...yuck!

15. every wkend, we all dance to the rancheras, cumbias, nortenos, etc

16. the shuttle craft has hydraulics, a cadillac grill, extra lights, and a huge wing

17. everyone one is gungho about easter and luke warm about x-mas...

18. religious statues (even death, sadly, a big thing in the inner city ) everywhere...

19. half of the fridges as stocked with coke-a-cola and nothing else...

20. the in ship panareria serves ginger bread cochinos and the baker has never even heard of gingerbread ppl and when asked he says "QUE?" pan estillo de monterray...

21. engineering is known as vulcanizora

22. you use "che" to mildy insult a person... ie. capt. hdz said "che" tripp because he was taking to long in the closet with reed...

23. best. game. ever. loteria saturdays!!!!! y buena con la sandia!!!! esquina con el catrin!

24. enchiladas are made right in your face. enchiladas de chile con carne for me plz...

25. corn in the cup (corn, cheese, mayo, and chile de limon) served in a cup at snack time

26. everyone drinks limonada by the gallon...IT'S WITH LIMES!!!! NEVER LEMONS!!!!!!!!

27. there's 1 puerto rican for every 8 mexicans. (i'm basing this on my group since 8 mexican americans and one pr american chick...)

28. menudo sundays. YUCK!

29. for some reason, there are chickens on board...

30. "swirl" meaning half of the ppl in group are white and brown

31. occasionally, the brown person is made fun of by the white person, but that's ok, since brown person also makes fun of the white person too.

32. the only filipino on board is considered mexican because he has a spanish first and last name and also speaks spanish even though he looks asian. (true story for the filipino kid's at school...)

33. the capt. fav. show is "casos de la vida real" on univision...

34. all of this left tripp in a culture shock...

35. devote catholics everyone & mass is only held in spanish.

btw, lobo's fav. show is also "casos de la vida real"

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lobomensch

[2]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 51
    Don't forget the standard issue waterbeds and salsa music for the cabins. And your favorite show is "Todos Mi Cocinas," it would appear. Maybe Chef really is un vato (grande).

Adora_Mill

[3]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 2
    Pretty funny to read and imagine it onboard of our ship. One big siesta? Why the hell not?
    P.S/ By the way, Tucker LOVES mexican food and would never have a "diarrhea"
    Edited on 07/12/2008 12:53am
    Edited 2 total times.

cale1234567

[4]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 7
    and you can get a huge bag of oranges ,very cheap

Adora_Mill

[5]Jul 25, 2008
    • level: 2
    Honey, there's no need to pay for food onboard the Star Fleet vessels

jrsgalaxy

[6]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 14
    What no quesadillas or flan. or tortas. And everything including lonches(sandwiches) is served with massive amounts of chile(and im not talking about tabasco sauce, but the seeds of cayenne peppers sometimes mixed with green chile sauce or pico de gallo. Plus must have a bbq pit on hand for special requests. (tortillas or meat heated or cooked on a grill)

cale1234567

[7]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 7
    sorry for going off topic but
    theres this rumour about columbia crashing and being found in the dominion war
    since this thread is kinda about colmubia i was wondering if this stuff was from a book or just awful fan fiction?
    thiers even a picture of a wrecked colubia in the desert on several web sites its driving me nuts
    help me