We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

Tos

  • Avatar of bunnykissinger

    bunnykissinger

    [1]Jul 6, 2007
    • member since: 11/29/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 86

    TOS

    i am not an idiot, but what does TOS stand for mabie...The Original Star trek

    there's TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT..i don't know what all the movie are if it stands for one of them

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tronman100

    Tronman100

    [2]Jul 6, 2007
    • member since: 12/14/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 374
    bunnykissinger wrote:

    TOS

    i am not an idiot, but what does TOS stand for mabie...The Original Star trek

    there's TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT..i don't know what all the movie are if it stands for one of them



    I believe it's "The Original Series".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of copygeek

    copygeek

    [3]Jul 11, 2007
    • member since: 10/04/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 527
    Tronman100 wrote:
    bunnykissinger wrote:

    TOS

    i am not an idiot, but what does TOS stand for mabie...The Original Star trek

    there's TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT..i don't know what all the movie are if it stands for one of them

    I believe it's "The Original Series".

    Yes, TOS stands for The Original Series.

    And, as far as I know, none of the movies have acronyms since most of them had one, two, or threeword names

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jrsgalaxy

    jrsgalaxy

    [5]Aug 28, 2007
    • member since: 01/30/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,676
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    [QUOTE="copygeek.

    And, as far as I know, none of the movies have acronyms since most of them had one, two, or threeword names

    Some fans do call them by their acronyms.. TMP..TWOK..TVH...TFF..TUC..well Leanord Nimoy did in his book I AM SPOCK..good book by the way..pretty insightful.[/QUOTE]
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mikoto_sohma

    Mikoto_sohma

    [6]Sep 8, 2007
    • member since: 07/22/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 50
    hahah... abbreviations make things easier in forums
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of belial_77

    belial_77

    [7]Sep 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,484

    Speaking of TOS... I just finished watching Affliction/Divergence episodes from season 4 of Enterprise... and a thought occurred to me... Is this how they explain the change of appearance of the Klingons between TOS and TNG? That the virus Phlox cures infects enough Klingons by the time period of TOS, very few retain brow ridges... but then by TNG the pollutant is purged and they breed pure...

    but then where would that put the movies w/ Kirk and TOS crew and Klingons w/ Ridges?

    also, why have they never even addressed the appearance change?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tronman100

    Tronman100

    [8]Sep 13, 2007
    • member since: 12/14/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 374
    belial_77 wrote:

    Speaking of TOS... I just finished watching Affliction/Divergence episodes from season 4 of Enterprise... and a thought occurred to me... Is this how they explain the change of appearance of the Klingons between TOS and TNG? That the virus Phlox cures infects enough Klingons by the time period of TOS, very few retain brow ridges... but then by TNG the pollutant is purged and they breed pure...

    but then where would that put the movies w/ Kirk and TOS crew and Klingons w/ Ridges?

    also, why have they never even addressed the appearance change?



    Yep, that's the given explanation. They just never addressed it before. The difference was mentioned as a joke in the DS9 episodes ("Trials and Tribble-ations")....I guess during TOS movies was simply when the change was starting to become noticeable (they do span over a while). Plus, I think in then Enterprise episode, many, but not all Kligons were affected.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of belial_77

    belial_77

    [9]Sep 13, 2007
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 2,484
    Them wacky Trek writers...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of scifinut99

    scifinut99

    [10]Sep 14, 2007
    • member since: 06/09/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 773

    heres my abrieviations for the movies

    star trek the motion picture TMP

    star trek the wrath of khan TWOK

    star trek the search for spock TSS

    star trek the voyage home TVH

    star trek the final frontier TFF

    star trek the undiscoved country TUC

    star trek generations GEN.

    star trek first conatct FC

    star trek insurection INSUR

    star trek nemesis none

    i also have dropped the numbers for the first 6 movies to musch to type

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.