Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

Trip bad guy on Atlantis ..?

  • Avatar of claudia40

    claudia40

    [1]Jun 26, 2007
    • member since: 10/28/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 450

    Hi sorry if this is a silly question but I am new to this whole genre. I am certain I saw him on Atlantis torchering the Hispanic or Black lady? Was that him he had scars on his face ? How did they explain his presence there when he died on Enterprise?

    Thanks Guys

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tronman100

    Tronman100

    [2]Jun 26, 2007
    • member since: 12/14/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 374

    I think you mean Teyla? She's neither black or hispanic, she's an alien . Since you are new to the genre (welcome by the way!!!), I'll try to do some explaining. The Star Trek and Stargate universes are entirely disconnected. They exist within their own continuities and there are no connections between them. Most Science Fiction series are like that, though there are franchises in Science Fiction. For example, the Star Trek franchise covers all of the official continuity (what we call "canon") over the 5 Star Trek series and movies. Stargate on the other hand has it's own continuity, consisting of the Movie(s), SG1 and Atlantis. It's the same as Star Wars, Battlestar Galactia, Doctor Who, and most series really. They all exist in their own "universe" so to speak, and generally do not cross over. Though granted, even specific universe continuity can be contradictory (there were a number of things changed from Stargate the movie in Stargate SG1), generally they try to keep it the same.

    Anyway, I haven't seen the episodes in a while but Connor Trinneer (the actor who plays Trip on Enterprise) has an guest role on Stargate Atlantis playing a Wraith (the big bad guy of the series). I think his name on Stargate was Michael, and he was actually a Wraith that they tried to turn into human. Other then the fact that it is the same actor playing both roles, there is no cross over between them story wise. Indeed, there is even sometimes cross overs of actors playing multiple roles across the same universe (The actress who played Nurse Chapel in the original Star Trek later played Deanna Troi's mother on The Next Generation).

    To recap, the character Connor Trinneer was playing on Atlantis was not Trip, but rather a completely different character in a completely different universe which happened to be played by the same actor. I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions just ask!

    Edited on 06/26/2007 4:14pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of claudia40

    claudia40

    [3]Jun 28, 2007
    • member since: 10/28/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 450
    Seriously THANKS ALOT I feel I have been thoroughly educated on the matter..I may have to bug you with questions in the future
    Again Thanks.

    Tronman100 wrote:

    I think you mean Teyla? She's neither black or hispanic, she's an alien . Since you are new to the genre (welcome by the way!!!), I'll try to do some explaining. The Star Trek and Stargate universes are entirely disconnected. They exist within their own continuities and there are no connections between them. Most Science Fiction series are like that, though there are franchises in Science Fiction. For example, the Star Trek franchise covers all of the official continuity (what we call "canon") over the 5 Star Trek series and movies. Stargate on the other hand has it's own continuity, consisting of the Movie(s), SG1 and Atlantis. It's the same as Star Wars, Battlestar Galactia, Doctor Who, and most series really. They all exist in their own "universe" so to speak, and generally do not cross over. Though granted, even specific universe continuity can be contradictory (there were a number of things changed from Stargate the movie in Stargate SG1), generally they try to keep it the same.

    Anyway, I haven't seen the episodes in a while but Connor Trinneer (the actor who plays Trip on Enterprise) has an guest role on Stargate Atlantis playing a Wraith (the big bad guy of the series). I think his name on Stargate was Michael, and he was actually a Wraith that they tried to turn into human. Other then the fact that it is the same actor playing both roles, there is no cross over between them story wise. Indeed, there is even sometimes cross overs of actors playing multiple roles across the same universe (The actress who played Nurse Chapel in the original Star Trek later played Deanna Troi's mother on The Next Generation).

    To recap, the character Connor Trinneer was playing on Atlantis was not Trip, but rather a completely different character in a completely different universe which happened to be played by the same actor. I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions just ask!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of suzpsycho

    suzpsycho

    [4]Jul 12, 2007
    • member since: 10/11/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,700

    The actress, Majal Rodenberry, who played Nurse Chapel, Troi's mother, the computer's voice on Enterprise and characters on each of the other Star Trek series is creator, Gene Rodenberry's wife. They met while she played Chapel, he divorced his first wife and they were married. She has been on EVERY StarTrek series and one or two of the movies.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of caffwin

    caffwin

    [5]Jul 13, 2007
    • member since: 07/04/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 89
    claudia40 wrote:

    Hi sorry if this is a silly question but I am new to this whole genre. I am certain I saw him on Atlantis torchering the Hispanic or Black lady? Was that him he had scars on his face ? How did they explain his presence there when he died on Enterprise?

    Thanks Guys


    yes it's a totally stupid question. your a complete burk!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PunkNerd5

    PunkNerd5

    [6]Jul 15, 2007
    • member since: 01/07/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 1,295
    caffwin wrote:
    claudia40 wrote:

    Hi sorry if this is a silly question but I am new to this whole genre. I am certain I saw him on Atlantis torchering the Hispanic or Black lady? Was that him he had scars on his face ? How did they explain his presence there when he died on Enterprise?

    Thanks Guys

    yes it's a totally stupid question. your a complete burk!!!!!

    Oh come on! All you had to do was scroll down and see that someone had answered this question in a civilised manner. You didn't have to shoot the poor person down because they didn't realise that he was watching Stargate. He did say that he was new to the genre. Give him a break!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.