Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

Was the Xindi season so bad?

beowulf579

[21]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 59
    Humanity's first contact? Where in TOS, TNG(tv), DS9 or Voy did they ever talk about Vulcans making first contact? They made a passing reference to Cochrane's ship on Voyager but that was post "First Contact movie".
    The Romulan War was mentioned in TOS once, but that was the introduction of them. They had another adventure against them in TOS but I can't recall if the war was directly mentioned. As far as TNG, DS9 or Voy, I can't recall them ever mentioning the original Romulan war anymore.
    Why "forget" those important events?

Sad to say, but history fogets in a way. Seven million humans dying in the 22nd century is not going to be mentioned much nearly three hundred years later. How many times in a year do your refer to The Holocaust in conversation? 4-7 million ppl died there and that was 65+ years ago. Even the whole WWII which 70 million may have died doesn't get daily chat about it. In another 100 years it may be hardly mentioned except in history classes.

The Cold War...interesting idea but too strung out.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

johnathonmerrit

[22]Jan 12, 2008
    • level: 2

donelson wrote:
    (Sorry: Could not post new thread due to forum editor not working with Mac OSX Safari) TRIVIA, Season 3, episode "Twilight" -- In this episode, Archer fights with a Xindi and it looks like he stabs him with a Star Wars statuette, but it might be some other statuette. The statuette has what looks a bit like a WW-II German army helmet. Does anyone know what this actually is? Thanks

In the episode "Similitude," Trip's clone identifies the statue as Zefram Cochrane when Archer begins to explain the purpose of his creation in the ready room. This episode was two after the episode "Twilight."

MrShotShot

[23]Jan 15, 2008
    • level: 15

Actually, after finally watching Enterprise on SciFi last year - couldn't see it during it's original run b/c I didn't have UPN - I have to ask the question "Was the whole series so bad."

I kept expecting to hate it, but actually enjoyed it quite a bit. In fact, as a whole, I'd put it ahead of Voyager.

ebayking90

[24]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 9

I haven't seen all of the different Star Trek series, but I think that this was an excellent attempt at prequel. Unfortunately it was not too well recieved at it was only the second ST series to not hit 100 episodes. I might be biased as to this being the first real ST series I enjoyed(I watched Voyager a little, but I didn't like it.), but I really love this show and I thought that every season was excellent and better than the previous one. I wish this series got the chance that it deserved.

Archer2551

[25]May 18, 2008
    • level: 1
    I started watching enterprise, or star trek for that matter, was in season 3. So to me the Xindi arc wasn't bad at all. I liked it

cale1234567

[26]May 22, 2008
    • level: 7
    I loved the xindi season i cant imagine why anyone would hate it
    It had less clunkers than any other season and DIDNt use the reset button at the end of every episode
    and honest to god ARC on star trek almost like they joined the 21st century

life2ice3

[27]May 26, 2008

Watch 'Extinction' and ask that question again.

Seriously though, it was a good series, albeit with one or two lesser moments. And the last episode was pretty bad.

Adora_Mill

[28]Jul 12, 2008
    The war is not actually easy thing to cope with. They didn't show the whole case, but during that ark the crew "grows", people change, find some sides they wanted or didn't want to. They stopped being "just explorers" and crushed the pink glasses. It turned out the world they've never seen before is hostile to terrans. It links to the time you live. Not everyone share your opinions as to the way of leaving. Some can be even cruel to you.
    Good season. But just different. Have to grow up to it.