Star Trek: Enterprise Forums

UPN (ended 2005)

Yeah I'm late..

claudia40

[1]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 9
    So I bumped into this last week on Sci Fi, I have never had any interest in the Star Trek type flicks, but this show was awesome so imaginitive I am so hooked...Boy I certainly show up to these parties late lol, now I'm trying to watch them all Atlantis/SGI ect ect..I find the to be very interesting!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GripNRip73

[2]Jun 9, 2007
    • level: 7
    The series is almost over on Sci-Fi, Im not sure if they are going to start over. Its the final part of season 4. They play 4 episodes a week. On Mondays, so I dont know if they are going to start over. Sorry man.

claudia40

[3]Jun 10, 2007
    • level: 9
    If thats the case I hope they start over from Ep1 S1 .

copygeek

[4]Jun 10, 2007
    • level: 13

GripNRip73 wrote:
    The series is almost over on Sci-Fi, Im not sure if they are going to start over. Its the final part of season 4. They play 4 episodes a week. On Mondays, so I dont know if they are going to start over. Sorry man.

I'm sure they will start over from the beginning once they finish Season Four. They played SG1 on Mondays several times completely. Besides, alot of people may be watching Enterprise for the first time. If they picked it up in the middle of its run it doesn't make sense to only give people one shot to see it.

However, I'm not positive if they would keep it on Monday or shift it to another night. I'm guessing it would stay on Monday for at least one more run of the series.

GripNRip73

[5]Jun 10, 2007
    Well lets hope that they restart it. I want to see the one where Archer goes to the NC-1701J. Interested to see what it looks like.

texicogirl

[6]Jun 11, 2007
    • level: 4
    I just checked the Sci Fi website and from what they have on there STE will start over on the 25th after the last epi is played. So they will have the last 2 epis and then the first 2, pretty cool. If you go to the Sci Fi's site and click on schedule then the date you want it will show what is scheduled for that day. I am sooooo happy that it is staying on

scifinut99

[7]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 15
    yes scifi channel is going to run them in order again

lennydonkey

[8]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 12
    I'm also semi-late to the Enterprise party. I watched it when it first came on but then drifted away. (So go ahead and blame me for being part of those "declining ratings" that got the show cancelled) but now that I've rediscovered it I like it a lot more then I did. I'm glad Sci-Fi's giving people a chance to see it again.

seto1

[9]Jun 18, 2007
    • level: 16

i love the show however i still find that from the begining it was too restictive in what they could and couldnt do,i mean we all know know the future so any massive event of terror and dertruction was like not even scary

alex20020712

[10]Jun 18, 2007
    seto1 wrote:
    i love the show however i still find that from the begining it was too restictive in what they could and couldnt do,i mean we all know know the future so any massive event of terror and dertruction was like not even scary

As season 4 proved, they could still tell interesting stories with that premise. It is too bad they wasted the first three seasons not knowing how to do it.

copygeek

[11]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 13

alex20020712 wrote:
    seto1 wrote:
    As season 4 proved, they could still tell interesting stories with that premise. It is too bad they wasted the first three seasons not knowing how to do it.

I wish people would stop saying the "first three seasons" weren't any good. I admit that the first TWO weren't great, but season 3 and 4 were the best. I LOVED season 3, but then I'm also a fan of 24 so I don't mind a season long plotline.

alex20020712

[12]Jun 26, 2007
    copygeek wrote:
    I wish people would stop saying the "first three seasons" weren't any good. I admit that the first TWO weren't great, but season 3 and 4 were the best. I LOVED season 3, but then I'm also a fan of 24 so I don't mind a season long plotline.

The third season was a big improvement, but the fourth season finally got it right.

GripNRip73

[13]Jun 26, 2007
    I agree, the final two seasons rocked. They could have done without the Mirror Episodes though. I didnt like them, to me it was a small break from the story line. Like a filler episode.

Trip dies, so does Trip and D'pol's baby. Bummer way to go.

mrfurious2k

[14]Jun 26, 2007
    • level: 1

I was (and am) an Enterprise fan. Unfortunately, I think it suffered from a variety of ailments. The first problem was that it suffered from the "me too" syndrome that Hollywood was pumping out. There had been a ton of prequels hitting the market (most notably the Star Wars prequels) and people were getting a bit tired of it. Enterprise was also following in the heels of Voyager's dropping ratings and inherited some of the ill will directed towards that series. Finally, it really took season 3 to get Enterprise rolling and by that time, they'd lost a good share of their audience and UPN decided they didn't care about the demographic that was captured by the show. UPN decided they were going to pursue a teenage girl demographic. UPN moved Enterprise to the "kill" timeslot (Friday nights) with the intent of canceling the show. Friday nights are typically used to kill shows because audiences frequently don't materialize; they go out and don't watch TV. Consequently, Enterprise's low ratings and demographics made it subject for retirement.

The sad part about all this is that Enterprise had some very solid acting, some great episodes, an interesting story arc, and an engaging cast. Despite all its positives, UPN's management shift made it impossible for it to continue. The main "Trek" supporters at the network had been replaced or retired and no amount of letter writing campaigns would save it.

Unfortunately, the executive producers saw fit to deep six the project as their parting shot at fans. They called the last episode a "love letter" but it was written with a poison pen. It was a poorly written episode that took the focus away from the Enterprise cast and muddled it with the ST: TNG cast. Further, the episode felt rushed and Trip's death was senseless. It basically became an "FU" to the fans who stuck with the series further generating bad blood.

Although I'd like nothing more than to see this show resurrected, there just isn't any means of bringing it back after the way Paramount dismantled the franchise. I'll miss it, but at least I have four seasons to watch.