Star Trek: Enterprise

Oasis

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Apr 03, 2002 on UPN

7.7
  • great episode

The crew of the enterprise are looking for spare parts to repair their starship. Luck comes to them when they discover a crashed vessel on a planet. They scan the ship and they find out that it's been there for a while. They begin to salvage parts inside the ship until beings start to form out of nowhere. This is a very interesting episode, the appearance of holograms that seem very ghostly is a very enticing story line. I enjoyed watching this episode, it's one of the best episodes of season 1. The writers came up with another good episode. I really enjoyed this one.
  • Well, well - T'pol makes a very emotional admonisment to Tripp when he shows interest in another woman

7.6
    Well I was never a huge fan of this particular Star Trek series, and while I found the plotline rather predictable - I did find myself liking the character development captured within it. The writers let down their guard and show a side of T'Pol that is just slightly 'annoyed' with Tripps interest over the young survivor of the crew. When he calls her on it she throws it back to him that he once got empregnated when he showed interest in an alien woman ... like she isn't alien? Anyways, it seems that Tripp is as thick as a bulk head because he doesn't seem to pick up on it. I like this development ... of Tripp, because later when he is summoned to the Captain's ready room he starts to get questioned by the Captain and Malcolm about the girl - he assumes that they are questioning his relationship with her as well .... showing that Tripp is a bit 'randy', looking for love (as apparently was T'Pol).
    Can't wait to see the episode where these two finally own up to their feelings ... or perhaps it will be an episode where the light finally dawns on Tripp how T'Pol is feeling.