Star Trek: Enterprise

Similitude

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 19, 2003 on UPN

• I struggled very hard not to cry but in the end I somehow held them back...

I am a guy but this episode had so much feeling that I felt like a hormonal chick at the end of a sad chick flick. Had I not been in a room with people when I saw this I would have ran out of kleenex. The concept was incredibly sad yet was a story of true loyalty. This may be the best episode I have seen yet but I don't think I could watch it again. It was so intense it was actually hard for me to watch.
  • Tear Jerker... One of the best episodes I think. Great character build and never a better way to make you think.

Not to spoil the show, but this was by far one of the best. It was original and set a standard that should be followed my other SciFi Shows. I am in Awe of the performace of T'pol and Trip. Both played their parts with sharp precision.

• Another awesome Trek episode.

This episode was one of Enterprise's best. Not only did it have a dramatic and convincing storyline, but it tackled one of today's ethical issues: cloning. Was it right to make a clone of Trip, let him live, then kill him to save the original Trip? Star Trek did an exceptional job at tackling this fragile issue. It showed the complex emotions surrounding the decision, like Archer's anger at saving Trip no matter what. The crew's emotional attachment to Sim, especially T'Pol's. What I think the best thing for this episode was, was that they showed that while Sim was against giving up his life for Trip's, it was his decision in the end, and Sim knew that he wouldn't live much longer. Its just the way they portrayed such an issue relevant to today's society. It was done brilliantly.
  • The Single Best Episode in the Series! This is why I watch Star Trek More than any other it demonstrated what Star Trek is. In the best tradition of Star Trek, they took an issue, and they ran with it morally further than anyone wanted to he

The Single Best Episode in the Series!
    I know that, that might be a bold claim, but this episode more than any other in the series demonstrated what is best about Star Trek. On top of the post 9/11 moral questions that were so important to season three, this episode, dealt with the moral implications of a current ethical dilemma, cloning and it's uses (including the possibility of organ harvesting). It did this, in the best tradition of Star Trek, by taking the issue, examining the basic moral implications thoroughly, and then running with it much further than anyone else wanted to hear, and really left us with solid questions about life in general and (even though we're nowhere close to advance in the field) really made us think about what the decision to clone a person could mean. Everything they did, from the necessity of healing trip, to the genetic memory and growth acceleration of the clone, as well as the relationship with T'Pol, serves to really make us feel for the implications of the issue. I know that enterprise might've been the worst of all the Star Trek shows, but this one episode redeems it in so many ways (as does the fourth season, as long as we forget about the series finale).
  • I loved it! (spoilers!)

A great episode, Star Trek drama at its best.

The episode was full of morals such as; what's right and what's wrong, a person's reason for being. How Archer was born to Captain Enterprise and Sim was born to save Trip.

It was so sad, Sim trying to figure out if all the memories and emotions were his or Trip's....I swear i cried for half the episode. I hope to see more episodes like this (not the whole Trip nearly died thing, but the qualilty of the story, but my opinion is a bit bias considering i am a Trip fan).