Star Trek: Enterprise

The Seventh

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 06, 2002 on UPN

7.8
  • Low key action, but an engaging story nonetheless

There is alot going on in this episode. At its core is A Chase story - where T'Pal (protaganist) is after a former Vulcan agent altered to work undercover in on an alien world.

Essentially, the chase, cornering and subsequent interrogation of the target allows for a great big dose of character development for T'Pal and some for Archer and Travis. The major event is that we the viewers see the trust and bond between T'Pal and Archer continue to grow.

The first act sets up the mystery as to why this person is actually wanted by the Vulcan High Command and what this person did. We are cleverly led to believe that there is more to the situation and the reason for this antagonists capture, through their recounting of events and T'Pals powerful flashbacks and what the Vulcan priest did to her to make her forget.

The real interest maker in this episode is who the screenplay develops to make events of the past and present ambiguous and therefore, sway viewer emotions from believing one thing and then something else.

I found the setting to be fabulous, an sorrid den of drunk loner, outsiders and troublemakers. Pacewise, dont expect many fireworks, but the script really does a great job of generating interest and providing a strong emotional attachment to the situation between the characters.

The end is genuinely exciting, if a twist on a theme for those of us who have watched too many SF programmes and provides a suitable conclusion for what is a fine example of this show.
  • T'Pol and company travel to a frigid outpost to apprehend a wanted Vulcan criminal. They run into trouble when trying to move the prisoner, during which time he attempts to convince T'Pol of his innocence. Of course it all works out in the end.

3.9
    This was a decent episode, but there were definitely some problems. T'Pol is supposed to be a good fighter, but can't even hold on to a semi-restrained, unarmed man. The reason they can't leave the compound is due to acid on the deck, which doesn't seem to affect T'Pol very much (she 1/2 wraps her boots with nylon straps), nor does it affect the rest of the crowd when the building catches on fire. It seems as though the acid simply disappears. She gets emotional in this episode, for about the 10th time in the series, which leads me to believe that the Vulcans are not in control of their emotions nearly as well as they thought.
    Overall it is worth watching, but definitely not on my list of top episodes.
  • great episode

Archer, Mayweather and T'Pol land on an snow planet to apprehend a fugitive. The mission goes seriously wrong when T'Pol begin having flashbacks. This episode uses a mystery about T'Pol's past that endangers the lives of the arresting party. It's a really riveting episode. The writers came up with a really great episode. Just waiting for the mystery to unfold takes you into an exciting trip. The actors played their parts really well. Getting entangled in this imagined universe is so engaging that you forget that it's fiction. The episode is so well done, I just can't wait for the next episode.