Star Trek: Enterprise

These Are the Voyages …

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM May 13, 2005 on UPN

5.4
  • A highly underapricated series finale. A perfect ending to a show that ended before it's time.

I have read many reviews of "These Are the Voyages" that are mainly bad reviews stating it was an awful ending. I disagree. Enterprise was a great series and in my opinion the best of the Star Trek shows. The first two seasons developed the show quite well and we did many things throughout the series so we could end up at this point. The signing of the federation charter is a pivital moment and bridging the two shows together like they did was a perfect way to do it. "These are the Voyages" was a perfect ending to this great show.
  • Excellent ending! A must watch!

A great way to end a great series! The final sequence with the three captains of the different Enterprises was the best way of ending it. Worth seeing just for that! It's sad that Tucker died but that his death was good, protecting his captain. Another season would have been great but atleast it ended well!
  • WAFFY Closure, Stop F*kin complaining, u would bitch more if they didn't BELEIVE me i know you would...

Yeah yeah, it had some mistakes on set production and it was obvious troi and riker were older than they were but u can't help but feel warm and smile for them TRYING to give us some closure upon notice of Enterprise's cancellation, they COULD have just left it at Terra Prime with no wrap up wotsoever. COME ON, they were cancelled, had a gun to their metaphorical heads, and they gave the fans something to go out on: an episode with warm and fuzzyness summing up the pasts and presents of star trek and finally leaving off with at least a small sense of completeness... THEREFORE, for THAT, I'm gonna give this one a full blown 10!
  • My thoughts on this great finale.

I felt very compelled to anti the wave of criticism this episode received as to make an account with this place and write a review. I never do this. Partly because normally I canna be bothered. But after seeing "mediocre" plastered next to the not so impressed grey fella's emoticon face, something had to be said!

Taking into account the last few episodes, it was possible to see the birth of the federation upon us. An episode was bound to be dedicated to this event, and which better to do so than this one! I thought that it was a great idea to bring in TNG and use it to catch a 3rd-person glimpse of what was going to happen (or to be more precise, what had already happened!) I bet everyone who saw Riker standing there on Enterprise glazed everyone's eyes in nostalgia. For a series that was ended way too soon, a fitting end is a difficult one. They could have left us hanging, but the point of that would have been astronomically without one. All good things must come to an end, and any ending of an incomplete series is gonna leave us feeling unsatisfied. However, don't let that feeling confuse your thoughts over this great episode finale!
  • OMG!!!!!!!! SOOOOOO GOOD

Now i dont believe i am a real star trek fan because i havn't really liked any other one of the shows.
    But when i saw Enterprise i fell in love with it, well i really fell in love with Trip Tucker.
    Whith his cute little smile and i believed, because it was star trek, he would never die.
    I was right he will never die in me and in any of his fans but he did die in the show.
    Trip died saving his captain and the women he loved. He saved his crew, his friends, the earth and he saved the ship.

LONG LIVE TRIP!!!!!!!!!
  • PLEASE BRING T'POL back in another show! Well done... somthing I would have changed, but what can I say.

*Spoiler*

I only wish ...REALLY WISH, tat T'pol or Trip would have said the words " I love you and I want to be with you". The "I will miss you" was enough to hold me over but still didnt really seal the deal. Why Trip died... in that fasion was simply stupid, of all the characters to die why him? ..why not the brit or the helmsman, they both had pull, but trip held that show together. copy cause I have nothing else to say, I only wish ...REALLY WISH, tat T'pol or Trip would have said the words " I love you and I want to be with you". The "I will miss you" was enough to hold me over but still didnt really seal the deal. Why Trip died... in that fasion was simply stupid, of all the characters to die why him? ..why not the brit or the helmsman, they both had pull, but trip held that show together.
  • This is the last episode of star trek: enterprise which we see the decomissoning of Enterprise and the charter for the alliance for the federation to begin. It is a vital episode as it is the last.

This is the last episode of star trek: enterprise which we see the decomissoning of Enterprise and the charter for the alliance for the federation to begin. It is a vital episode as it is the last. It is upsetting to see Comander Tucker die and Enterprise to finish. It is great to see Hoshi go back to brazil. After watching every episode of every star trek (im not a sci fi geek) it is great to see the programmes and each Enterprise ship fit into place especially at the end when we hear the final words spoken in this order Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. It\'s continuing mission...
    Captain James Tiberius Kirk: ...to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations...
    Captain Jonathan Archer: ... to boldly go where no man has gone before.
    It is really a show to be missed
  • A perfect ending for a superp show. A perfect ending for a life-long Star Trek odyssey.

This episode was a great series ending. It was great because it was not even meant to be the series ending but the 4th season ending. It worked fine in both aspects. Pulling characters from another Trek was a good idea. If only they could have pulled more characters from EACH Trek. The Enterprise actors were in high standard as usual. Connor Trinneer and Scott Bakula were exemplary.
    We have to remember that this was the end of not only Enterprise but the entire Star Trek odyssey (at least for a while). Each Enterprise character was 'finalized' with a 6 year gap for optimism. We may not have gotten what we expected but we did get a finale that ROCKED. Live Long and Prosper!
  • In TNG\'s The Pegasus Troi recommends Riker re-live Enterprise\'s last mission & the signing of the Federation charter to help with his problem. The program persuades him to make the right choice & he leaves. All three captains recite the speech These Are

What a brilliant ending to an average series! As much as I wasn\'t fond of Enterprise the finale was brilliant. We got a great TNG scenario with Riker and Troi on the Enterprise D holodeck re-living Enterprise\'s final adventure, giving a fantastic mix between the old and the new. It\'s ironic that Enterprise is the new series whilst TNG is the old, yet, of course, the settings are the reversed. Also, with Riker being present it shows that the future are fully aware of Enterprise\'s adventures, and the signing of the Federation Charter is watched by both the original Enterprise crew, but also by the latest crew. It is this final moment that urges Riker to speak the truth to Picard. In that last minute of the entire Star Trek series, we get all three Enterprise captain\'s reciting the famous speech \'Space, the final frontier\', whilst we are shown all three ships, the latest - Enterprise D with Picard, the original series with Kirk and then finally Archer with his ship saying \'to boldy go where no man has gone before\'. Brilliant! It nearly brought a tear to my eye! 9/10.
  • The last episode, unfortunately...

My opinion is Rick Berman knew that the show was condemned, so they found an original conclusion with Will Riker and the holodeck. Look at the last scene, we saw the Enterprise D, the NCC-1701 and the NX-01 with the respective voice of her Captain...
    A great moment in Star Trek Tv saga...
    In France, myself and all my friends, we love Enterprise. I Think Berman, Braga and all the people who were involved in Star Trek since the Next Generation were at their's best with Enterprise...
    We will see in the next few weeks, with J.J.Abrams' movie, if Berman was or wasn't in Gene Roddenburry's continuity....
  • Its not the best finale (What You Leave Behind eill take some beating) but overall it was entertaining and gave good closure to the series - there were some naff bits though.

Dont think for a second that this is a classic episode, it certainly isnt, but with the birth of the Federation, the death of a major character and the decommissioning of Enterprise this was a good finale with a sense of closure for the series. Now on to the faults; first of all was the way Trip died, it was a bit pointless - he has gotten out of tougher situations before - I wasnt keen on it, or the "brush over" of the crew's mourning, we only saw a 3 minute conversation about it between T'Pol and Archer, the rest didnt even say "Oh No"! The inclusion of Riker, Troi and Data was a nice touch, if you look closely in Ten Forward you can see Picard in the background aswell, they look older but come on, its been 11 years what did we expect? The sets were close enough but the Enterprise-D corridor looked wrong and the doors were far too Orange. The generated Enterprise-D looked superb, giving the message "if TNG was still running this is what the Enterprise would look like", excellent. The overall plot was fine, the Shran thing was a bit disconnected from the Federation birth story but it was all integral with Trip's death so its inclusion was understandable. I suppose its because I always like finale's that I am giving this a high score, also because the last 20 seconds with the 3 Enterprises and voiceovers was a fantastic conclusion to what has been for me a great series (DEFINITELY better than Voyager).
  • Not exactly what I expected...

There're multiple ways they could've chosen to end the series since they knew there wouldn't have been a season 5. I feel that they had planned this episode for this ending even if they had more seasons to give us more background on the dilemma Riker was facing, which may have changed more than a few of these bad reviews.

My only dislike is that they used Trip's death to invoke a memorable reaction from fans and the fact that the crew besides T'Pol seemed nonchalant after he died. It may have been the fact that they've already attended multiple funerals, so they skipped past all the stages of grief into acceptance and memorials, but I felt as if it didn't happen at all.

Besides the death, I felt that it was a fitting end to a great Star Trek series that pre-dated the other series. To end the series at the beginning of the start of the Federation is symbolic to say the least and the fact that they left what would happen to crew open on purpose in hopes of a season 5, but I much doubt a season 5 will happen now that so much time has passed.
  • With such a great series I think it was true to itself including the last episode.

Im sad the series is over and sure if it went on It would have been nice if it was like search for spock the movie but they made no movies ,So i guess i'm saying the whole last episode was good except for trip's death but at least he died a warriors death saving his captain.It bothered me more that tpol and trip never developed their relationship and you cant blame that on these are the voyages.I dont really care much for Riker but I think he did a good job also. I just dont get why so many think it was such a bad ending. The show allways let you remember the risks that were taken.
  • The end to the latest Star Trek series comes too early to really know how things would have developed. Set 10 years after the last episode, the show is wrapped up with the foundation of the federation.

Although fans universally agree that this is the worst finale ever done for a Star Trek series, I took the time to watch it again after a few months, and with reservations, I have to say that it wasn't as bad as I initially had thought.

The sub-plot with Shran really didn't make much sense for the series, in a way you could say however that it displays the trust and friendship that Shran and Archer had built up over the years. In the extras on the DVD it was even said that had the series continued, Shran would have eventually joined the crew of Enterprise. That would have been interesting. However, this sub-plot with Shran was not done effectively. More should have been put into why the crew would help Shran, and it should have had a more epic scale, rather than just paying a random ransom to save his daughter.

As for the infamous death of Trip, this time around, I really watched closely, and unfortunately, Trip was justified in dying the way he did. From Trip's point of view, Archer would have been killed, and there was really nothing he could do about it but sacrifice himself to save him.

Archer's speech at the end of the episode was a fitting end, but, had the series ended after a longer run, I am sure we would have been treated with the actual speech, and the "holodeck" idea would not have been necessary. An unfortunate, but not pointless end to a great show.

Of course, as this took place on a holodeck 200 years into the future, we can at least rest assured that the computer probably didn't get all of the details right...
  • what a dire and sad ending to one of its best seasons

what could of been better ending was ruined by Troi and Riker's appearances. It had a great potential for a good ending but as a Star Trek Series ending goes it was th3e worst of them all. Even the original series had a better ending than this dire series ending
  • Its crazy how it went down...

7.9
    People dying left and right, both babies, and those giving their life in order to save the Capt and the ship. It was pretty cool how they killed off a main character rather than some no name person. I think it would have been better if they had showed D'pol with Trip's family while Archer is giving his speech. That would have been way better of an ending.

And to watch Riker, and Troy view the speech as its given by Archer. However, the series is over and nothing else to watch until Psyche comes on again in a few weeks.
  • Not the best, but also not the worst.

When I watched this, I was expecting it to the just horrible, especally since it had Riker and Troi in it, but, it wasn\'t as bad as I thought that it was going to be, and the clips from Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation and Enterprise at the end were very nice.
  • Not best epidosde of enterprise but not worst either.

6.8
    This episode gets very sentimental and if you arn't emotionally involved with the characters you arn't going to find much to like in this one. From a writing stand point it does a good job of tieing up a serries. It is set in the future (compared to normal enterprise timeline) and gives a who is what and what happens about all the characters. It also puts to film one of the most monumental moments of star trek history. The founding of the federation. Unfortunitly the character development in this episode comes way to late and alot of the development came out of no where. Most characters expressed emotions you have never heard from them before. which is unfortuinite. It was enjoyable though and put a serries that needed to be let go, down.
  • Not the voyage they deserved

*spoilers*

The final episode of Enterprise doesn't do the show or characters great justice. Commander Riker of the Next Generation is at an impasse and he must use the Holodeck to make a decision. His choice is to observe Trip's last mission and it happens to be the one shortly before Archer's great speech. The action aboard Enterprise is set 6 years after the previous episode "Terra Prime" it aims to lead viewers right up to the forming of the alliance. The chief concern is how Trip is dealt with. His death is a needless martyrdom against random aliens who are after the blue skinned Shran. It's not believable or logical that he would set up a system that would blow a hole in several bulkheads, killing the aliens and killing himself. Then, just days after he perishes from plasma burns, the crew don't even seem to care that he is dead. Perhaps his death is an allegory for how the series was treated.

Trip and T'Pols relationship has also been dead for 6 years, nothing has advanced. Even after losing a child together they choose to go their separate ways. This seems rather cold hearted and implausible given the journey we have seen. The rest of the episode is just a jumbled mess with only Shran's daughter's phrase "Thanks Pink Skin" providing laughs. As an episode of saying goodbye to characters it does so by placing Riker as the cook and having the major characters come and talk to him. Most of this discussion is about Trip, but it really does little to help Riker make his decision or help us tip our hats to the characters. There were better ways to say goodbye.

Season 4 has been a bit of a mess in general. The early stages were interesting with the focus on Vulcans. There are a great number of multipart episodes that serve to save money on sets and actors. I feel that the last true Enterprise mission was probably "The Aenar" which concluded things fairly well with the Romulans. The only thing wrong with that episode is Trip leaving, so perhaps the ending of "Bound" is a good enough way to finish Enterprise. Certainly was not a fan of the "In the Mirror Darkly" episodes which seemed to serve no real purpose other than some kind of technicoloured fan service. Both Terra Firma terrorists episodes were awful too even with Robocop trying to steer the sinking ship. Malcolm, Hoshi, Trip, T'Pol, Travis, Phlox and Archer deserved a better note to finish a good series.
  • Enterprise will be more than missed, she will be mourned.

Enterprise was the first series since the Original Series where I actually liked every character. From season 3 with the outstanding Xindi storyline, Enterprise has proven itself vastly superior to the boring TNG and season 4 was a powerhouse season. With such incredible promise, the writers (who’ve never been known to pay close attention to things like detail and character) made mistakes but the series on a whole was so good that this could usually be overlooked.

I already knew some of what happened in ‘These Are The Voyages’ before I saw it, so thankfully I had warning that my favourite character (and I’m sure I’m not alone here) was about to be killed off. For me this was the worst of the episode: Trip has always been the best rounded character, Connor Trinneer has always done a magnificent job of making Trip real, so much so that losing him, especially so meaninglessly, is heartbreaking. To say Trip reacted out of character is an understatement – when has Trip *ever* panicked? This is the same guy who travelled from Columbia to Enterprise while under warp. Then he actually encourages the bad guys to knock out his best friend and captain. Then the cherry on top – for some reason, unknown to us all, Trip practically commits suicide?! The crew have gotten out of dozens of far more dangerous situations than this, so why would Trip do something so incredibly stupid? Had Trip died in a genuinely heroic way, I could have lived with that, but this, this was just a tragedy. Let’s not forget, Troi calmly announcing Trip’s death before it happens! That said, I must say I thought they ended the Trip/T’Pol storyline well. The writers are so unpredictable that there was always the danger they would just ignore the whole relationship. Trip/T’Pol may no longer be lovers but even after 6 years, the deep bond is still there and I loved Trip’s sincere assurances that they would keep in touch, not to mention T’Pol’s tangible agitation at the thought of not seeing him again. They even did it nicely with her packing his things after his death, visibly distressed. I loved the whole Trip/T’Pol storyline from the first, such chemistry and the most enjoyable and memorable romance in Star Trek history.

I also enjoyed the idea of Riker reviewing history on the holodeck, even if the idea of characters like T’Pol spilling their guts to the chef is rather farfetched, but I’ll let it go as it produced some nice character moments. I did find it fascinating that Riker was focusing on Trip rather than Archer, who’s supposed to be this legendary Starfleet hero. Then again, in terms of actions, Trip has been the hero for a long time, long ago outshadowing Archer. It was also nice to see a return to the old Archer, the nice non-erratic one. Then the speech – the entire build-up to it and we don’t even get to hear it?! It would have been a great way to end the episode, and the series. The end was nice though, the Picard/Kirk/Archer ‘to boldly go’ bit.

It would have been better to end it on ‘Terra Prime’, even if that would have been a very sad note, given the loss of Elizabeth, but it would have been better than being forced to watch Trip die like that. I only watched TNG, DS9 and Voyager because I’m a die-hard Star Trek fan, but never got into them, but Enterprise restored my faith. I found it positively addictive. I must say that Enterprise will live on as my favourite series of Star Trek. It must be painful for the actors who put so much effort in while being derailed by poor writing. This was apparently supposed to be a ‘salute to Star Trek’ – guess the fans and the writers have a bit different opinion of a ‘salute’. However, it soothes me to know that B&B will go down in history as the people who destroyed a 40 year old franchise, it’ll destroy their careers.

One of the many things I loved about Enterprise was that we were seeing the unseen history of Star Trek, the first steps into deep space exploration, the previously unknown tensions between Humans and Vulcans, the previously unthought of xenophobia - which led to some of the best episodes of Enterprise. But if Star Trek has to end, Enterprise has done the legacy proud. She will be more than missed, she will be mourned.
  • BUNCHA BUILD-UP TO NOTHING! WHERE'S CAPT. ARCHER'S "LEGENDARY" SPEECH?

nice send off....personally i cant stand FRAKES or the RYKER character but i "get" what he and TROI are doing. but they draw attention to a lousy TNG episode? unneeded! and they shoulda specified the show ENTERPRISE wasnt "entirely" a holodeck for the dim-witted, just this 1 episode was. and as i heard from anothers fan's point of view. the characters seem formulaic here and the dialogue and acting is off. you can clearly tell its the computer showing you "a recreation of events" they're not even a 100% factual people! season 4 shoulda ended with terra prime, and a 5th season? still do-able after this crappy episode if formulated...explain trip's death "plan" (since he is apparently alive in the novels honestly) and show the vulcan/romulus war and how the newly formed idea of a "federation of planets" in the episode prior, terra prime IS HIGHLIGHTED. basically the federation is instrumental in a cease fire treaty between the two warring worlds. use the fedrations allies (andorians, xindi, etc.) to back up the humans claim that cooperation is needed. hence, THE FEDERATION is truly formed out right. after all each captain is unique in their own way. capt. kirk's the warrior, capt. picard is the explorer, capt. sisko's the builder, capt janeway is the independent one and capt. archer is the DIPLOMAT captain. and it woulda been a great show! (plus, its still better than "voyager" any day of the week lol) not hearing ARCHERS "legendary speech" was the most heartbreaking moment of this episode. i must say you leave this series on a sour note :(
  • I rated this 5.0 for a reason...

I would of rated it lower but I have a reason for giving it at least that much. The story line, I didn't like the whole TNG in there. It was ok at first, but after words nothing was real. It was a hologram. :? and he was the chef, How are we suppose to know if any of that was real, he talk to them, what really happened? And then one of the main characters being killed. :o What was that? They didn't have to do that. :evil: Also everything was off. I wish they kept it going. :? But the reason I did give it something, was because of one reason. I loved the ending. starting at the part when the Federation was started. We were waiting for that moment to come. and then plus I just loved the part where it showed all three enterprise ships. and how each captain said a peice of the famous Gene Roddenberry saying. To boldly go... If they had a different story line with that ending I think it would of been the perfect ending. :)
  • The importance of the NX-01 crew, as seen by officers of the Enterprise-D.

OMG...I have no exact words to describe what I just saw. I knew this episode was controversial going into it. Some say it is not an appropriate series finale, while others say this is the Trek finale with Terra Prime being the true Enterprise finale. Whatever side one may be on, this episode can either make you love it or leave it. However, I am at best undecided.

Things I love about it. The use of the future to look back at the past. I liked that it was Riker and Troi. I liked the idea of the founding of the Federation. That was good.

I like Shran. What else can I say but he is such a good character.

Things I did not like about it. I liked the holodeck idea, but in idea only. How it played out on screen is NOT the best use of that idea. There was too much time spent on the Enterprise-D and not on the Enterprise NX-01. All the scenes in the future could've been summed up in one line. All Riker could've said was, "I'm doing this because I had a meeting with Adrmiral Pressman about the Pegasus." And leave it there. Any Trek fan can recognize from there what Riker was talking about. And then the rest of the story could focus on Archer and company and NOT on the "The Pegasus 2.0" from TNG. The most hated part: they shut off the holodeck right before Archer's speech. I SO wanted to hear it and see it. Now one can only speculate as to what was said.

Plus, the most important dislike: they killed TRIP! What the heck were they thinking!?! At least he lives, as far as I believe, in the Relaunch books. His death was pointless and caused no emotional response in either the crew or the viewer. I cared about him but his death would've made more sense had they showed the crew in grief, not just quietly reflecting on Trip and acting like he's gone away for a brief vacation.

Now the end was cool. But that did a disservice to DS9 and Voyager. While I understand the importance of the Enterprise to the Trek universe, you could've left it with just the founding of the Federation and all that would entail, including DS9 and Voyager. That would've been perfect.

Oh well. In the end I am VERY undecided if I should like it or leave it. I really can't make up my mind. So far, I learning more towards leaving it. I may consider Terra Prime the true finale and let this episode be a special episode of TNG.

Horrible ending to such a brilliant franchise. But, Trek was getting old. Enterprise could've been more than this, but most people just didn't care, until this last season. Season 3 and 4 were the best. They had just found their footing. Sad to say what might have been had it started out differently.
  • Star Trek Enterprise didn't deserve an ending that focused so much on TNG.

I only recently started watching Enterprise, so I knew certain things; it had already been canceled, and Trip was going to die. So, when I watched this episode, I knew that it would be penultimate, and I hoped that it would be good enough to be called a fitting end to the Star Trek era. However, when watching it, I become more and more disappointed and sad. The TNG aspect of the episode almost trivialized the Enterprise episode! And Trip definately DID NOT deserve to die like that, over Shren and a couple of rogue aliens. I was really sad, and angry that he died like that, even though I guess he was saving everyone. But still, that part shouldn't have happened.

The Enterprise episode premise, saving Shren's child before going back to Earth for Archer to deliver the speech, wasn't very good. This episode was supposed to be exceptional, seeing as though its probably going to be the last Star Trek episode ever. But all we got was the crew going to save a minor character's child, and Trip had to die for it!! WTF??

All in all, I don't think the writers did Enterprise justice. They were so focused on trying to bring back TNG into it, that they ruined the episode. Enterprise deserved a much, much better finale, one that solely focused on them, and if there had to be a character death, it would have been more symbolic. On another note, R.I.P Trip :(
  • Skip this one

This was a let down for a series finale. I wasn't expecting an episode like "All Good Things..." (TNG), but to have Riker and Troi come back and make this a "flashback" episode bascially, it just sucks.

You're better off not watching this episode and ending the series with the xenophobic human faction, IMHO.
  • Letdown

What a huge blow this way. It was like a slap in the face to the actors. The were reduced to hologram status as the main story went to Riker and Troi.

It was a horrible tie in to 'The Pegasus' and a horrible end to the series. I thought Jolene Blalock may have been hard on the finale when I first read her thoughts on the episode. After seeing it, I know she was absolutely right. 'Valentine to the fans' my third arm.

I think from now on I'll just forget this episode ever happened. I would almost rather watch Rogue Planet - Almost.
  • Need a redo on this Series Finale. What a shame.

I was brushing up on my basic Trek knowledge for the upcoming release of Star Trek Online. So after 3 weeks I just finished the entire Enterprise series and was very let down by the Series Finale. The story line felt rushed and very helter skelter. Take away the TNG tie in, Tuckers needless death, add 1 or more hours of a Manny Coto written story line, plus Archers speech and this would have been a fitting end to a very entertaining series. Jolene Blalock said it best "Appalling" the way this "Franchise" series was sent off. With a BIG 6 yr gap and roughly 90 yrs of Archers and T'Pols life left, Paramount needs and or owes to the Trek fans, to add an alternate ending or extra episodes to the DvD set to straighten this out. They have the time and the $$$$ after the success of Star Trek The Movie. So lets get hot and get this done. After all Star Trek is not going away anytime soon.
  • A very silly ending to almost 20 years of non-stop Star Trek

Although it was nice to see Riker, Troi and the Enterprise-D, this episode was really bad.

You would think after 20 years of Star Trek that they would have made this a 2 hour episode or at least had something important happen in it. I don't even count the Federation charter as an important piece, it was hardly touched upon!

This episode was more a TNG episode than it was an ENT finale and it's too bad it had to end like this. Manny Coto must be quite upset.

But like they said "All Good Things....", so let's give it a couple of years, come back with a great staff, get rid of B&B and revamp the show, starting with a plot that takes place after Voyager; no more prequel stuff.

• Terrible ending to a OK show

3.6
    I will admit that Star Trek Enterprise wasn’t the best Star Trek series around but they really screwed up on this series finale. I have a few complaints about this episode that I am sure many people will agree on. The first is that they should of done the episode from the characters point of view instead of from the holodeck perspective. Another complaint I have is the death of Trip. While I didn’t like his character that much his death was completely unnecessary and was so out of place that you could tell it didn’t belong in the episode at all. While I could pry come up with a few more complaints I will say the one thing that I did like about this episode (and the only reason I didn’t give it a 1) is that the did show the creation of the federation which in my opinion was much to drawn out in this series.
  • A great potential for a memorable finale gone severely wrong.

3.5
    As a fan of Star Trek I decided a long time ago to give Star Trek: Enterprise a chance. While I agread with some of the negative things said about it in the initial reviews I did, for the most part, enjoy it. I actually started watching it towards the end of series two, the first episode I ever saw being 'Dawn'. Series 4 was my favorite series without a doubt as it was more fan - friendly. However It did have its pitfalls which brings me to the point of this whole entry, 'These are the Voyages'.

As far as Enterprise episodes go it wasn't the worst by far, the episode 'A night in sickbay' comes to mind in that respect. But.... the final episode of the show, not to mention the promised Valentine episode promised by Brannon/Bragga created in me expectations that where sorely underwhelmed by the mediocrity that was TATV. I wanted a tribute to Enterprise with drama, suspense and heartwarming moments, not the 'Next Generation' Flashback that we got. I don't watch the next generation and therefore haven't seen the episode that apparently inspired this unfortunate train-wreck. I was confused as to what was happening with the Riker & Troi plot and failed to see how what happened on the Enterprise was connected to it. I mean okay he wanted to know if following orders should come before doing the right thing but for crying out load there must be simpler and more time-friendly ways to do that.

There was IMO one highlight to this episode, Tpol. I liked seeing her expressive or a change because not only did it give a glimpse o just how adversely humans can affect Vulcan's in long term contact but it also gave Jolene Blalock to bring something other that stone cold, cardboard performances to the set of Enterprise. I really enjoyed her performance in this finale and consider it the only reason I have not shunned this episode and conditioned my mind to think of 'Terra Prime' as the last episode. Well done Jolene.
< 1 2 3