Star Trek: Enterprise

These Are the Voyages …

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM May 13, 2005 on UPN

5.4
  • Very dissapointing

Enterprise always had real up and downs, 1 episode was really good, while the other was really bad, in season 4 we really saw this, while the 2 and 3 part episodes were all good to really good, but the 1 part episodes were just awfull.
    This was 1 of those episodes, and it truely dissapointed me, not just as series finale, but also as a episode, this episode was done bad, the whole story was done bad, and the supposed heroic death of Trip was done even worse.

They made alot of big mistakes, although the guest starring of Jeffrey Combs was a good choice, the story around it was bad, the heroic death of Trip wasn't a bad idea, but the way they done it was awfull, the fact that the story was about Riker instead of the Enterprise NX-01 crew was also a very bad idea, and the fact that it just wasn't an exciting episode makes it all the worse.

With a series finale like this it's no wonder the show was cancelled, i always loved Star Trek, and these series weren't that bad, but it's episodes like these that ruined the show.
  • The last, lost STNG episode.

1.5
    This really was a waste of time after all the mini arcs. They knew it was the end and this was the best they came up with? If you have never seen STE stop at Terra Prime and be thankful. So much to cover and they chose some obscure STN episode. Felt sorry for Marina Sirtis and Jonathan Frakes who had to look 10 years younger. It glossed quickly over the most important part of Trek history, a death of a main character (like killing the doc in Stargate Atlantis only they knew how to say goodbye) and did the we really care about Will's quandary?
  • The worst episode ever! It never happened! (spoilers!)

What was that!
    Things that went wrong about this episode:

1. Trip's death - totally not nessesary and pointless, i mean hello!? what happened to the Security personnel on the ship? You think he could at least buy time for security to get there instead of pointlessly blowing himself up to take out three other guys!? (*cry* he was my favourite character)

2. Trip/T'Pol relationship – what happened!? After everything that they had gone through they just "broke up", i am not buying it. They just thought it would easier to axe the relationship instead of thinking outside the box to why they can't stay together (cause i am pretty sure the history books say that they were not the first human/Vulcan marriage). They could have said that due to the Xindi attack this is now a new timeline or something (which it kinda is already) or say they couldn't get married due to the large amount xenophobia going around at that time and it would be too controversial. Lol sorry for that huge complaint i am just a Trip/T'Pol shipper. 3. People acting out of character – not one person on the ship acted like themselves it was so frustrating, and Trip's death, Archer had known him what (doing some math) like 18ish years or something and he didn't even shed a tear, ditto with T'Pol. Sim (Trip clone) got a more emotional farewell and he wasn't even the real Trip. 4. Why is Shran more important than the main cast? – Basically the whole story(the part which is on enterprise) revolved around Shran and finding his daughter..... isn't he a minor character? Very weak storyline if you ask me.

5. Riker and Troi – Why does this episode revolve around them? Isn't it called Star Trek: Enterprise not Star Trek: The Next Gen. And they do not look how they did however many years ago it was (like 15 years or something). Throughout this whole episode i was hoping that it would be another epic Star Trek time travel episode: someone goes back in time and sets things right (save Trip etc.) When it didn't happen i was ready to jump off a cliff. This episode made me cry of shear horror. In my view it never happened, Terra Prime was the last episode for me. Anyway enough from me, it was good to get that off my chest lol.
  • A totally out of character and unworthy ending and episode for a great series.

While many people disliked this series, I immediately loved the series (not for the actors) but for the period in the Federation's history it covered.

This series was to cover the birth of the Federation showing how Earth went from its Third World War to leading the dominate power in our galaxy in only 1,000 years.

Yet, the last several episodes, and beyond a shadow of a doubt this episode, failed to show the birth of all we have come to hope for and respect - The Federation.

Instead of exploring the forces at work and the contributions (planets, groups, and individuals) required to bring forth the Federation expanded upon a "Next Generation" episode (which had no relationship to the occurring historical events).

Honestly having the last six episodes being a mini-arc about the birth process and the forces at work -- pro & con is what the Star Trek community deserved. Showing us the fears, worries, and attempts to abort the coming birth would be more interesting.

Finally, the creators did a great dis-service to themselves, the cast, and audience by not remembering to return to the beginning showing how Earth's growth will lead so greatly into the future.

A better last episode might have been from a class room perspective in the year 3,000 or even 4,000.

The series, Gene Rodenberry, and all of us deserved better! I'm glad Universal replaced the creators.
  • A ep that will live in infamy

1.1
    Okay ....i,m one of those people that loves the show.
    But this appauling piece of cow waste
    was truly an insult to all.
    They said it was a franchise finale.
    No not really,It was an attempt to go back to a trek series that got good ratings (tng).Perhaps they wanted to attract all the viewers that stopped trek watching during voyager`s run.
    The holodeck plays host to riker (fat faced and 50)and troi(still fit), as cmdr riker wrestles with a moral dilema.and thats about it really.
    the enterprise characters (kinda feels like they got some one who s never watched trek to help with the characterisation)are going to the signing of the federation charter and probably wondering why none of them have been promoted or transfered in ten years.
    No mention of the romulan war or what has happened in the mean time.
    Just a few fire fights and a pointless death and then its end program

After watching aswell as feeling like id been ripped off
    i couldnt escape the feeling that this was done on purpose
    to us by people that didnt want to be there any more.
    One of the producers actually said as much while promoting his new show.(which got cancelled HA HA)
    In conclusion i love the show had some classic episodes
    but this was not one of them.
    unless you count spocks brain as a classic
  • What a pile of crap! Oh b*****! I can't get a negative score!

And the season finale is... Terra Prime! Wahay!

If that's what they'd have said, I would not have been disappointed. But they didn't. They made this... thing.

Well they wanted to do 1 better than any other star trek incarnation, and here it is. Spock's Brain! Squared! This is worse than the episode of voyager about boxing. Or those ones set in Pride & Prejudice!

This is the red-shirt episode of them all. If a localised explosion destroyed any episode of star trek but this one, we'd all weep.

Lousy! Weak! Oh it was all on a holodeck. Oh Trip's dead! Never mind - here's Chef!

In the words of comic book guy - Worst episode ever! Worse than Star Trek V!
  • A horrible, horrible end to a series that had so much potential.

All I can say is "what the hell?". Not only did they bring in Troi and Riker, they had it set on a holodeck, set 10 years in Enterprise's future, to the signing of the Federation, in which we didn't even see! Oh, and the totally unnecessary mercy killing of Trip, to which no one really seemed upset about. There were so many things they could have used to close this series, Future Guy, anyone? But no, it had to focus on some random away mission. All the best Trek episodes are time travel ones, and it would have been awesome had this one been a time travel one, but again, no. I consider this a final Next Generation episode, not an Enterprise episode.
  • Man that sucked

1.9
    This by far the most disappointing series finale for a tv show period. With awsome episodes like the Expanse, Azati Prime, Countdown and Cold Station 12 just to name a few, this was by far the weakest episode of the series. The acting sucked, the story sucked, the script sucked, everything sucked. I had anticipated a series finale on par with Deep Space Nine\'s but instead we got this anticlimatic pile of crap not worthy of Star Trek Canon. Hmmm...Let\'s see what element to bash first...oh I know, the fact that it was set during the TNG timeline on a holodeck. Second it\'s supposed to be a side story to \"The Pegasis\" but comes out highly unconvincing as Frakes and Sirtis have aged significantly since that episode aired...back in the 90s.And worst of all they killed off Tucker in the most meaningless way they could think of. It served no purpose to the crappy storyline. Hell, I\'ve seen redshirts have better deaths than that. And like a redshirt the rest of the crew didn\'t really seem to care that he died. Needless to say this episode was as enjoyable as a romantic evening involving by testicles and a cheesegrater! My groan hurts.
  • Disgraceful. An insult to Trek fans. Should be deleted from the series archives. Nearly drove the whole franchise into the ground. Spoilers below - as if Braga's self-indulgent writing didn't "spoil" the show already. "True to itself?" That's meaningless.

I leave this review as a warning beacon to Trek fans in the future who journey here to find out about this episode: Do not approach, leave this system at maximum warp.

The many shortcomings of this episode could have warranted the coining of a new word in the English language: "multifailure." Bad format. Bad story. Bad character resolutions. Bad omissions. It's no wonder that cast member Jolene Blalock went off on the writers, calling this eipsode "appalling... a reminder of why we're being cancelled."

First, the episode is presented as a series of MTV-style focus interviews, where characters explain the action in flashbacks for viewers who are too dumb to figure it out watching a straight narrative. Ugh. And it's set in the framework of a holodeck story during an old episode of The Next Generation. Rather than being a tribute to loyal fans of Enterprise, they decided to exhume an obscure story from TNG. Why?

Then there's the treatment of the characters. The popular Trip is killed in a ridiculously contrived scenario that has a ragtag group of pirates overtaking, boarding and commandeering the Enterprise. There's not an ounce of suspense or drama to his death, which obviously cut off the long-developing relationship that had been brewing between Trip and T'Pol. So zero payoff for all that development, and we get neither a symbolic first union between the different races (certainly the theme of the series, and arguably the single most important theme in all of Star Trek) nor the drama of a death scene between the two lovers. Lame.

The other plot point that had been building over the course of many episodes was the birth of the Federation, with a legendary speech to be delivered by Jonathan Archer. We have heard about the impact of this speech on the characters, and we see Archer preparing for the speech, even walking out to deliver it - and then nothing. The writers apparently decided we didn't need to actually hear it. Yeah, why would any fans of Star Trek want to hear words of insipiration which summarize the spirit of the show, on the last episode of (what was at the time) the last Trek show left on TV? We would much rather hear an overweight, overaged Riker tell us what a valuable lesson he learned from his holodeck experience.

So if you are reading this and you haven't actually seen the episode, do yourself the best favor you can do in your Enterprise-watching life and skip it. Go and re-watch the excellent penultimate episode, "Terra Prime," which is a pretty-good wrap-up for the storylines, series, and Pre-Abrams franchise. Imagine the bright future for Trip & T'pol and the Federation which had been hinted at over four seasons. And save yourself from the heavy disppointment of watching perhaps the worst-conceived episode in the entire franchise.
  • The Enterprise finishes her last voyage...

This was a horrible ending to the Enterprise series. There was the awful, contrived death of Trip. Then the pointless story of retrieving Shran's daughter. And worse of all - the needless intrusion of Riker and Troi in what was left of the story. Instead of concentrating on the lives of the major characters of the Enterprise, we have to suffer the focus on Riker and his decision!!! Is this an Enterprise story or a TNG story? And then we don't even get to see Riker make his decision (really who cares?) or Archer make his speech. This whole story seems to be in draft-mode and not finished. It would be better if the series finished off one episode earlier..
  • B-A-D!

0.5
    This was a terrible season finale and anyone could have written something better than that! Thanks a lot Berman and Braga, you should have let Manny Coto pen this episode!

The death of Trip was probably the wrost written death in the history of network television. Trip would have never in his life done that!
  • This episode is actually a new synonym for pitiful, disastrous, awful, unworthy, disgrace and - well, just -very, very, very bad.

0.1
    Being a Star Trek Fan, I had my shares of ups and downs with this franchise, but never in all five (six if you count the animation crap as a part of the series) instalments, were I ever so – well lets call it disappointed, even if it is insufficient.

I mean who would have thought that such disturbingly bad episodes like Emergence (TNG), Threshold (Voy) or If Wishes Were Horses (DS9) would look good in comparison to this episode. OK, now that you know how I rate this episode, let’s give you some reasons (just a few because going into detail here would fill a novel) why this episode is so appalling and why Rick Berman and Brannon Braga should be dragged out and beaten with the stupidity stick:

1. Why oh, why did they have to bring back Troy and Ricker? This was supposed to be the end of “Enterprise” and not TNG. And why place this episode back at the 7th season of TNG. Frakes and Sirtis are now 11 years older, and I am sorry to say, but they also look it, making it total unbelievable that this episode fits into the right timeframe. And a holodeck episode as a series finale?!? I mean – honestly, could it be more pathetic?

2. Why build up the relationship between Tucker and T’Pol in Terra Prime just to dismiss it completely one episode later.

3. Why let Tucker die? His death was absolutely meaningless, stupid and no to mention illogical. I mean - honestly – Brannon, Rick, do you believe that the audience is so retarded that we would not notice, the lack of security officers on the ship allowing the pirates to enter the ship without any resistance and without being shoot at before docking?

4. Continuation errors: OK, Trip is dead but he still talks to chef, aka Ricker??? And why aren’t T’Pol and Archer more upset about it?

I could go on and on, but writing about this episode is actually very painful. I just want to forget about it. For me “These Are the Voyages...” is just a very bad nightmare and Enterprise ended with Terra Prime. And to quote a famous filmmaker: “Shame on you Mr. Berman and shame on you Mr. Braga!!!”
  • The importance of the NX-01 crew, as seen by officers of the Enterprise-D.

OMG...I have no exact words to describe what I just saw. I knew this episode was controversial going into it. Some say it is not an appropriate series finale, while others say this is the Trek finale with Terra Prime being the true Enterprise finale. Whatever side one may be on, this episode can either make you love it or leave it. However, I am at best undecided.

Things I love about it. The use of the future to look back at the past. I liked that it was Riker and Troi. I liked the idea of the founding of the Federation. That was good.

I like Shran. What else can I say but he is such a good character.

Things I did not like about it. I liked the holodeck idea, but in idea only. How it played out on screen is NOT the best use of that idea. There was too much time spent on the Enterprise-D and not on the Enterprise NX-01. All the scenes in the future could've been summed up in one line. All Riker could've said was, "I'm doing this because I had a meeting with Adrmiral Pressman about the Pegasus." And leave it there. Any Trek fan can recognize from there what Riker was talking about. And then the rest of the story could focus on Archer and company and NOT on the "The Pegasus 2.0" from TNG. The most hated part: they shut off the holodeck right before Archer's speech. I SO wanted to hear it and see it. Now one can only speculate as to what was said.

Plus, the most important dislike: they killed TRIP! What the heck were they thinking!?! At least he lives, as far as I believe, in the Relaunch books. His death was pointless and caused no emotional response in either the crew or the viewer. I cared about him but his death would've made more sense had they showed the crew in grief, not just quietly reflecting on Trip and acting like he's gone away for a brief vacation.

Now the end was cool. But that did a disservice to DS9 and Voyager. While I understand the importance of the Enterprise to the Trek universe, you could've left it with just the founding of the Federation and all that would entail, including DS9 and Voyager. That would've been perfect.

Oh well. In the end I am VERY undecided if I should like it or leave it. I really can't make up my mind. So far, I learning more towards leaving it. I may consider Terra Prime the true finale and let this episode be a special episode of TNG.

Horrible ending to such a brilliant franchise. But, Trek was getting old. Enterprise could've been more than this, but most people just didn't care, until this last season. Season 3 and 4 were the best. They had just found their footing. Sad to say what might have been had it started out differently.
  • I looked forward to the episode both with excitment and sadness. I came away with sadness and frustration! I started watching the series because of Scott Bakula, and just as I hated the ending of Quantum Leap, I hated the ending of this series.

3.5
    How could they kill off Trip!!!! It made no sense. I agree with others in that Terra Prime would have been a more fitting ending, and if they had to have this episode, we could have heard Archer\\\'s speech. My only hope is that they will eventually make a movie for the series in which time travel comes to save the day and Trip does not die! The only good thing to come out of it, is that since I have never really watched many of the other series, I am now anxious to see them, thanks to all of you who have written the triva for the past 98 episodes.
  • Absolutely awful. Seriously. This may not have been my favorite incarnation of Star Trek, but both the series and the franchise deserved a better swan song.

Reasons this episode sucked:

1) The "Pegasus" angle was completely out of the blue and had nothing to do with the action on this show's Enterprise. Trip disobeying orders in the heat of the moment to save his captian has nothing to do with Riker disobeying orders to expose a secret. If they really wanted to make connections, they could have shown Riker dealing with Data's sacrifice from the last movie as he begins his new command. His dilemma resembles Archer's situation, not Trip's.

2) Although I love Ricker and Troi, they received too much focus. Instead of spotlighting some of STE's long neglected characters (Mayweather & Sato), precious time was spent on two characters from a totally different show. The people watching the finale were the fans who didn't give up on STE. Personally, it's been years since I've seen a TNG episode. I wanted better closure for the people who were only around for 4 years, not the ones who already got 7 years and 4 movies.

3) If you're gonna make Trip die, give him a better death. The crew has been in way worse situations than what they faced in this episode. Trip, genius that he is, totally could have jury-rigged a trap that wouldn't have fried him in the process.

4) 6 years pass and Trip and T'Pol never went any further with their relationship? After the series devoted 2 years spotlighting their chemistry and deepening thier relationship? After they lost a child together? Only on a Star Trek series.

5) None of it was real! It was a holodeck simuation 200 years in the future! All of it was conjecture on the program's part. LAME!!!

• These are the final voyage of the starship Enterprise, it's mission to piss off trekkers and fan of the series without discrimination. To badly end a show when it still had some life left in it. These are the work of UPN and the Braga & Berman team.

2.2
    Just finished watching the episode, I thought the fans deserved a better treatment than a 1hrs final show. Not a low budget flashback Next generation episode written the end the show the fastest and at the smallest cost possible.

1. The Only sign that 6 year as gone by is a bit of gray on Archer, the name tags AND Archer as to say it as been ten year since the start of the mission about 6 or 7 times on the show.

-What no wardrobe change, we got to see some on all the show but not there, could have been fun to go toward the Pike era uniforms.

- Why decommission the ship after only ten year, (I keep my car more than that), It have made perfect sense for a re fit It could have been an opportunity to please the die hard fans, and make her become the NCC 1701. Or something... Kirk ship was supposed to be the first one to have that name... why not make it after all the NCC 1701 had at least 2 overhauls on the show that we saw (between Pike and Kirk, and before the movie) 2- This makes no sense to me, they keep the ship 10 year, then make a museum out of her, and Riker or troy visited her when the where at school....

Anyway, to say the least, it left me in a bad mood, one more bad decision from the head of the franchise. And another bad script from the Berman / Braga executive production team
  • This episode never happened as far as I'm concerned.

You've probably already read the rants of others about how terrible this episode really is, so I'll go ahead and put my two cents in:

It sucked.

I'm not sure what twisted idea came to the writers of this episode, but it was bad from the beginning. Riker and Troi...I loved them both on TNG. They were great, but there's only one problem...THIS ISN'T TNG! While it would've been nice for them to just be casual onlookers and not really doing anything, the episode pretty much revolved around Riker's issues with telling Picard about the Pegasus. This pretty much throws the Enterprise crew into the backseat, and suddenly its the TNG episode that aired 11 years after the show ended. What was kind of funny was how they thought we wouldn't notice how much Frakes and Stritis have changed, yet they're still acting like it's TNG. My other problem was with killing Trip. He was one of my favorites because I thought he had a very fun and easygoing character. But then...out of no where, he kills himself in a terrible explosion just to kill 4 aliens. Umm...what? Couldn't he have thought of some creative solution to dispatching them, instead of just blowing himself up the first chance he had? And where was security all this time? Finally, just as Archer is about to give the big speech that will begin the Federation and set in motion everything we know, Riker says, "Computer, end program." My jaw dropped at that moment. I mean, c'mon! Granted, Archer was probably my least favorite captain, and Enterprise was my least favorite series, but you could've just let him finish the most important speech in history!

The only reason I gave this a two was because of the end, where all of the Enterprise captains are reciting the "To boldly go speech..." Oh, and it was nice to see the Enterprise D in all its CGI glory.

*slaps head* B&B, you've really done it this time.

If you want quality, entertaining Star Trek, go watch Voyager.
  • These Are The Voyages... This is the worst series finale ever because:

Frakes and Sirtis are just too old to literally fit in the former uniforms and pose as the ones that they were 11(!) years ago.
    He has clearly put on too much weight in the meantime. They simply do no longer go through as that young. Sirtis' accent is to mention, too.
    Why did this episode have to happen during the seventh season of Tng? Ah, I know: So the writers can say that Archer WAS mentioned in at least one episode that took place before Enterprise, as so many fans complained about this inconsistency- But in this case it is forced into it and does in NO WAY work.
    What about chronologically correct three years after Nemesis on the Titan or at Starfleet Academy (if the Titan was too expensive or saved for a possible movie)?
    This would have served the continuity SO WELL and they both would not have been had to be made any younger.
    Better believably old than incredibly young.
    Riker and Troi could have held a dissertation about the last days of Archer's Enterprise and with a little creativity one would have found a more suitable and proper solution to receive information or to put Riker, Troi and Archer's crew together, even in a real(!) way.
    But this had to happen during the Pegasus-Episode which does not at all fit and I cannot decide which reasons to name first:

Error 1: Right after the opening credits they used footage from the episode "Menage a Troi" where the crew was wearing the old uniforms with the line on the shoulders.
    Error 2: If you look closely, in this old footage the original Riker can be seen which makes two Commanders as the "new" Riker is placed into digitally. Funny.
    Error 3: It were the ghosts of the Pegasus' dead crew members who convinced Riker that he had to tell Picard the truth, not the speech at the end of this episode.
    Error 4: I do not recall that the holodeck of the Enterprise-D had the ability of putting the appropriate clothing over the normal one.
    As far as I know they always had to redress for themselves.
    Error 5: Since when did the holodeck have an objective mode?

Are we really to believe that Riker can participate in such events that took place so many years in the past or overhear a private(!) conversation as the one Archer and T'Pol had after Trip died?
    In such early years Archer and his crew surely had NO WAY and intention of recording every single step, word or actions they made just for a future somebody who is in the mood to re-enact it.
    We were alway shown and told that simple holograms are limited and now we are to buy that Riker gets and takes advice from them?
    Fans deserve the REAL Enterprise crew and not some holograms. But the writers took this into account as they DID want to have Riker and all of Archer's Crew
    interact together at any cost.
    They want to sell us that whilst Pegasus the Commander had nothing better to do than posing as Enterprise's Chef listening to private talks and shooting Aliens? Riker takes the place of a Maco during the shooting on the planet and by doing so he already alternates the happening as there was NO Riker then.
    And how was the alien ship capable of reaching the Enterprise? Shran said their ship could not do so. And what about firing back or so?
    They were boarded, everybody did know it- and for minutes there was no Maco or only a single crewmember who (just coincidentally) came by to interfere like on a derelict ship. Just long enough for trip to fool the aliens so that
    he could blow himself and them up. What a stupid, senseless and certainly not heroic death... Well...
    The speech:
    We do not even get to hear the speech practically every fan was waiting for. This is fooling the fans as we know it from Voyager's finale.
    Troi seems like she wanted to deactivate the holodeck before Archers begins his speech I had to memorize this speech in grammar school (which means I surely do not want to hear it again now as I hated it already then)."

"These Are The Voyages..." should embarrass and aggravate everyone who sais he or she is a Star Trek-fan.
  • An Intentional insult to all

Rather than give enterprise fans a send off they instead focus on a holodeck program aboard the enterprise D set during the 7th season.The first mistake right thier ,Riker and Deanna appear and the viewers think "how come riker looks like hes exploded in a fat shop?"set during the episode pegasus which featured riker having torn loyalties between orders and his sense of honour.Don't recall riker nipping off to the holodeck every 5 minutes during the crisis with the hunt for the ship, the stand off with the romulans,being sealed inside an asteroid and violating the treaty of algeron.Wow busy day.
    It may or may not have happened at all due to all the inconsistencies in the episode.It seems to focus on a minor plot about kidnapping and fake diamonds things(Riveting).set 10 years after enterprise launch at the signing of the Coalition charter none of the crew have aged,been transferred or even promoted .All our favourites have come through the very recent romulan war completely unscathed.Suddenly and implausibly, A warp 2 ship catches up with enterprise after they help out shran and his daughter .Trip dies a pointless death and its all over .
    What a pointless pointless episode.
    The official novel continuation of the series goes to great lengths to right the episode off as a bad holodeck trip and spends an entire book repairing the damage done by this foul little episode.
    I still watch this occasionally when i want to get nice and angry
  • The worst series finale I've ever seen

I've read many of the reviews given by folks on this site. I have to agree with those that hated this episode. It was an awful way to say goodbye to such an interesting and improving show. I'll admit I didn't get into Enterprise untill the 3rd season with the zindi threat but once they had my attention I was hooked. The actors in this series were superb but were forced to continually accept poor to terrible writing. The fourth season had so many good episodes to just be snuffed out by this totally unnecessary ending.

The holodeck idea was clever I'll give them that, but not for a series ender. It was a total slap in the face of not only the actors who delt with such harsh critizism from all sides but also to those fans that had developed a great love and connection to the characters so wonderfuly performed by these actors.

I've done my share of star trek fiction and by no small means do I say its easy to impress all your fan base. We all have favorite aspects of the show and fans of star trek can be a tad obsesive. However there were so many good episodes in this series that I was completely shocked and appaled at how poorly it was ended. There is no excuse for the poor death of Trip, not to mention the LAME build-up of Archer's speach only to not hear it. I was hoping that maybe that one thing could save the entire episode, but it was snatched away much like a bully will tease a child who just had his lunch money stolen.

This writing display was pathetic. Shame on you writers for permitting this series to end on such a poor note. And shame on you for dissapointing so many faithful fans that did watch this series and struggled against hope to keep it on the air. We deserved better!
  • What a disappointment

0.5
    After Terra Prime, with such a build up of action and suspense and character development, this was a total disappointment. First off Trip and T'Pol, you would think that the discovery of their kid and then the death of their child, that they would in the end decided to make a child of their own and start a family. then in the series finale, they ended up not getting together.
    riker and troi? they look so old now....its amazin how troi aged since voyager and riker since Beyond Belief. who's gonna believe it took place during season 7 and who cares about riker tryin to learn the lesson of "disobeyin orders" WTF is that?
    shran's daughter? who cares
    Trip dying a meaningless death. this was almost as bad as Data dying a meaningless death in Nemesis.
    This whole ep was a disappointment. it woulda been nice to focus more on the founding of the federation and hear Archer's famous speech. Similar to the speech given in the previous episodes to the delegates to the proposed Earth Alliance. Overall sad to see the show gone and given this disgusting send off
  • Not the best, but also not the worst.

When I watched this, I was expecting it to the just horrible, especally since it had Riker and Troi in it, but, it wasn\'t as bad as I thought that it was going to be, and the clips from Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation and Enterprise at the end were very nice.
  • I rated this 5.0 for a reason...

I would of rated it lower but I have a reason for giving it at least that much. The story line, I didn't like the whole TNG in there. It was ok at first, but after words nothing was real. It was a hologram. :? and he was the chef, How are we suppose to know if any of that was real, he talk to them, what really happened? And then one of the main characters being killed. :o What was that? They didn't have to do that. :evil: Also everything was off. I wish they kept it going. :? But the reason I did give it something, was because of one reason. I loved the ending. starting at the part when the Federation was started. We were waiting for that moment to come. and then plus I just loved the part where it showed all three enterprise ships. and how each captain said a peice of the famous Gene Roddenberry saying. To boldly go... If they had a different story line with that ending I think it would of been the perfect ending. :)
  • riker runs a holodeck programs of the death of my favorite character in an episode most didn't get

1.9
    Ok, I apprectiat what they were trying to do, but it didn't work. It didn't work at all. I was very luckey that I remembered the pegasus , otherwise the episode wouls not have made any sense. What was the point of killing off Trip, I mean really. This was enterprise finale, it should have been about the enterprise cast!!
  • GOD NO!!!

1.1
    I thaught this episode has Succeded at being not only the worst episode of star trek but the worst episode of anything known to man. Its just pointless, it doesnt actually take place on Enterprise, its on the Enterprise D\'s holodeck with Riker trying to sort some of his issues out by running a really boring program of the NX01 right before the signing of the federation charter. I think the writers were trying to make the episode popular by bringing in well establish characters (Riker and Troy) to star in the episode because they never bothered to develope any charactors in Enterprise in the 4 seasons, quite a cheap way to try and make an episode succeed i thaught. And another thing (Bitching nearly over) Trip killing himself when aliens are onboard up to no good like always, who somehow got onboard without anybody noticing or any alarms going off, so trip blows himself up to stop them doing something thats not really all that bad anyway, it was so boring i cant remember what it was.
  • lazy writing and an impausible ending left many dissapointed

This finale is one of the worst I've seen for any show. Although I didn't mind Riker and Troi coming back in and of itself, the story was for a minor episode of TNG and really did not fit for a proper send off for the show.

The main down point was the complete reversal of the Trip/T'pol relationship from the previous episode. It was like watching a war of the writers. The writer of the last episode was almost shouting "I said no relationship!" when the previous episodes finally showed this relationship going somewhere. (although it was mostly bungled from the get go)

Also killing the Trip character was pointless and it seems like they did it just to add a dramatic ending to the show. Such a major charcter death could have been dealt with like Spock dying, but the characters were way to blase about it.

None of the other characters even had that. After six years, they are still the same rank and doing the same job? Just lazy and implausable.

Not showing Archer's speech was the frosting on the cake for the laziness of this episode. The writer's tried to build this up as a "valentine" to the fans, but after watching this, this was cheap spin as they showed us they couldn't care less and have already moved on. Very disapppointing.
  • Horrible, just horrible

Next to "Spock's Brain" and "The Naked Now", this episode still shines as possibly the worst episode of any Star Trek series EVER!. I love Trek, I really do, and after the fact, I even have started to really dig Enterprise, but there was NO excuse for this episode. A dead Trip and a fat, old Riker made this episode almost unwatchable. The only thing that could have made this episode worse was maybe having Whoppi Goldburg show up as the chef after all this time. Come on! This show, really, was the best Trek, episode for episode. But to give it the big send off to DVD with this load of used Tribble food was an out and out insult to every geek who has ever put on a pair of pointed ears and stood proudly in line for an autograph at aa convention. BOO to the writers and shame on Paramount. The nail certainly has been placed in the Trek universe with one.
  • I didn't want to hate this episode, but if there was ever a Star Trek episode worth hating... this is it right here.

Oh what a disappointment, I accepted the fact that Enterprise was canceled, but to have to sit and watch this 'finale' is like salt in the wound.

I'm assuming you know the plot so let's just skip ahead.

First off the NX-01 crew are holograms in this episode, which is fine (sounded like an interesting twist). The problem is they ACT like holograms, low-grade holograms at that, they have no real personality, no real depth, no soul at all. It really does sound like they are all acting from a script, it's someone's idea of how the Enterprise crew "might" have acted back then. Well it fails, and it fails hard, this is not the crew you've come to know for four years. So that alone just basically kills the show right there, even Shran sounds fake.

Next up is Trip, his death... Yeah I couldn't believe it either, what an absolute waste that story point was. It goes like this: Trip saves the captain > Trip dies > The NX-01 crew complains about how bad their seats are at the conference. His death had about as much emotional impact as a mosquito bite.

I won't even get into how Riker and Troi feel like straight out intruders in the show, No wonder the Enterprise cast were complaining about the finale.

One good thing did come from this disaster, the scene as Archer is getting ready to go out and deliver his speech (which we never get to hear by the way), the interaction he has with T'Pol brought a tear to my eye and was definately a highlight of the entire series, so watch this episode just for that moment, everything else...

Well, just do what I did, and pretend that the Enterprise finale was one episode earlier with "Terra Prime", Now THAT is a finale.

I actually wish that the show had NOT been given a finale at all like ToS, as this one just cemented a lot of beliefs that Enterprise did indeed "suck".

I Still can't get over what an utter disappointment the finale was, but oh well... at least we got to see Phlox's super-smile one last time.
  • Set during a seventh season TNG episode, Cmdr. Riker uses the holodeck to relive the Enterprise's last voyage and deal with a crisis.

This episode takes place in conjunction with 'The Peagasus'.

I don't think there is a word to describe how bad this episode was. Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis are aged (Jonathan terribly) and some of the sets don't match the original running of The Next Generation. I will give producers some credit, if any, for rebuilding some sets. The turbolift and corridor on the Enterprise-D were terribly done, and Ten-Forward was mostly stock footage.

Now on to the episode:
    When cast members complain that the story is poorly written, SOMETHING IS WRONG!! They could have had an ending like The Next Generation, leaving it open for a movie, but they didn't. They didn't have to kill off a main character like they did in Nemesis, but they did. They could have written this better, but they DIDN'T.

I think it is safe to say that this was the worst finale, worse than Voyager, and one of the worst episodes Paramount has approved for production.
  • It never happened

Never, never happened. It's apocryphal; doesn't fit with Pegasus, watching Pegasus, you try and see where it could all fit, but it doesn't; Riker's involved in just about everything, he wouldn't have the time to keep running to the holodeck like that. And Trip killing himself? Doesn't make sense. None of the characters sound like themselves, it's like B&B have never seen these characters before or something. Riker needed that much help figuring out the right thing to do? Pegasus never made it seem like that much of a question, more to the point, Riker speaks up as much out of necessity of the Enterprise using the cloak tp escape the asteroid as being honest. Yeah, it was something nagging at his conscience, but he was grappling with wether or not break an oath that protecting an illegal activity. It was more of how to pick the right moment and find the courage to go against a high ranking official and tell your immediate suppior the truth, whatever the consequences; and being trapped in the asteroid was a means to an end. If Riker had that much trouble making a command decision, he shouldn't have even been first officer of any ship, let alone a Captain!
    Another poster made it sound like ending the series with Terra Prime would have been a bad thing; I don't think so. It was the second half of a two-parter, which all but TOS has for their finals. And between the two episodes, it told a good story. This episode was trite garbage and any future incarnation needs to negate it.
< 1 2 3