Star Trek: Enterprise

These Are the Voyages …

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM May 13, 2005 on UPN

• A totally out of character and unworthy ending and episode for a great series.

While many people disliked this series, I immediately loved the series (not for the actors) but for the period in the Federation's history it covered.

This series was to cover the birth of the Federation showing how Earth went from its Third World War to leading the dominate power in our galaxy in only 1,000 years.

Yet, the last several episodes, and beyond a shadow of a doubt this episode, failed to show the birth of all we have come to hope for and respect - The Federation.

Instead of exploring the forces at work and the contributions (planets, groups, and individuals) required to bring forth the Federation expanded upon a "Next Generation" episode (which had no relationship to the occurring historical events).

Honestly having the last six episodes being a mini-arc about the birth process and the forces at work -- pro & con is what the Star Trek community deserved. Showing us the fears, worries, and attempts to abort the coming birth would be more interesting.

Finally, the creators did a great dis-service to themselves, the cast, and audience by not remembering to return to the beginning showing how Earth's growth will lead so greatly into the future.

A better last episode might have been from a class room perspective in the year 3,000 or even 4,000.

The series, Gene Rodenberry, and all of us deserved better! I'm glad Universal replaced the creators.