Star Trek: Enterprise

These Are the Voyages …

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM May 13, 2005 on UPN

5.4
  • This episode is actually a new synonym for pitiful, disastrous, awful, unworthy, disgrace and - well, just -very, very, very bad.

0.1
    Being a Star Trek Fan, I had my shares of ups and downs with this franchise, but never in all five (six if you count the animation crap as a part of the series) instalments, were I ever so – well lets call it disappointed, even if it is insufficient.

I mean who would have thought that such disturbingly bad episodes like Emergence (TNG), Threshold (Voy) or If Wishes Were Horses (DS9) would look good in comparison to this episode. OK, now that you know how I rate this episode, let’s give you some reasons (just a few because going into detail here would fill a novel) why this episode is so appalling and why Rick Berman and Brannon Braga should be dragged out and beaten with the stupidity stick:

1. Why oh, why did they have to bring back Troy and Ricker? This was supposed to be the end of “Enterprise” and not TNG. And why place this episode back at the 7th season of TNG. Frakes and Sirtis are now 11 years older, and I am sorry to say, but they also look it, making it total unbelievable that this episode fits into the right timeframe. And a holodeck episode as a series finale?!? I mean – honestly, could it be more pathetic?

2. Why build up the relationship between Tucker and T’Pol in Terra Prime just to dismiss it completely one episode later.

3. Why let Tucker die? His death was absolutely meaningless, stupid and no to mention illogical. I mean - honestly – Brannon, Rick, do you believe that the audience is so retarded that we would not notice, the lack of security officers on the ship allowing the pirates to enter the ship without any resistance and without being shoot at before docking?

4. Continuation errors: OK, Trip is dead but he still talks to chef, aka Ricker??? And why aren’t T’Pol and Archer more upset about it?

I could go on and on, but writing about this episode is actually very painful. I just want to forget about it. For me “These Are the Voyages...” is just a very bad nightmare and Enterprise ended with Terra Prime. And to quote a famous filmmaker: “Shame on you Mr. Berman and shame on you Mr. Braga!!!”