Star Trek: Enterprise

These Are the Voyages …

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM May 13, 2005 on UPN

5.4
  • lazy writing and an impausible ending left many dissapointed

This finale is one of the worst I've seen for any show. Although I didn't mind Riker and Troi coming back in and of itself, the story was for a minor episode of TNG and really did not fit for a proper send off for the show.

The main down point was the complete reversal of the Trip/T'pol relationship from the previous episode. It was like watching a war of the writers. The writer of the last episode was almost shouting "I said no relationship!" when the previous episodes finally showed this relationship going somewhere. (although it was mostly bungled from the get go)

Also killing the Trip character was pointless and it seems like they did it just to add a dramatic ending to the show. Such a major charcter death could have been dealt with like Spock dying, but the characters were way to blase about it.

None of the other characters even had that. After six years, they are still the same rank and doing the same job? Just lazy and implausable.

Not showing Archer's speech was the frosting on the cake for the laziness of this episode. The writer's tried to build this up as a "valentine" to the fans, but after watching this, this was cheap spin as they showed us they couldn't care less and have already moved on. Very disapppointing.