Star Trek: Enterprise

Twilight

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 05, 2003 on UPN

• This is definitely one of the better Enterprise episodes, but it could have been better.

This episode was awesome. However, it would have been even better if we did not already know about Captain Kirk's 5-year voyage, or all of the other Star Trek series that have been made. That is also what I do not like about this entire third series, I know that earth has to survive, because they are not stupid enough (I hope) to re-write the history of the Federation and of earth. I finally figured out that I am not watching to see if the they survive, I am watching to see how they survive. Overall, this is a great episode and I highly recommend this episode and the entire third season.
  • 'Memento' with a twist

'Memento' with a sci-fi twist, 'Twilight' manages to make an exciting example of how tried and true plots can be twisted into something new and fun. The episode was an enjoyable take on alternate realities, and thankfully didn't rely on "it was all a dream" (though i guess it's close enough). Still, it was a fun diversion from the main season story arc and a really fine episode.
  • Amazing.... just... woooow.

Wow! Earth blowing up, the bridge of the Enterprise being destroyed (with the senior staff still in it), and the imminent destruction of the entire human race.

They pulled no punches with this episode, and you really start to realize just what is at stake should Enterprise and crew fail their mission. If this doesn't get you into the Xindi storyline not much else will.

Fabulous acting, incredibly well written dialog, and the special effects and space combat sequences are out of this world (lame pun I know).

Not my favorite episode of Enterprise, nor do I consider it the best of the season but... this is what Enterprise and Star Trek is all about.
  • Hands down, the best episode of Enterprise, and quite possibly the best episode of any Star Trek series to date.

This episode was outstanding. Hands down, the best. I mean, you know the episode is going to be good nine out of ten times when it opens with Earth exploding. The storyline is awesome. The entire episode really reminds us of what is at stake here with the Xindi set to destroy Earth. They came up with a good way to show us the possible future. The limited space battle scenes were good. Also, the Xindi boarding party was very well done. When the Enterprise and Intrepid were under attack, those sequences were also very good. This episode also offered three firsts in the series, and I think one for the entire Star Trek franchise. It was the first time Enterprise explodes, the first time that Earth is destroyed, and I think the first time ever that the Bridge of the main starship of the series was individually destroyed. They also opened up the relationship with T'Pol and Archer, showing that she really does care about him. Even though he gets shot down because of Trip. And they had the line at the end where Archer says that T'Pol would make a great nurse.