Star Trek: Enterprise

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 05, 2003 on UPN

• Hands down, the best episode of Enterprise, and quite possibly the best episode of any Star Trek series to date.

This episode was outstanding. Hands down, the best. I mean, you know the episode is going to be good nine out of ten times when it opens with Earth exploding. The storyline is awesome. The entire episode really reminds us of what is at stake here with the Xindi set to destroy Earth. They came up with a good way to show us the possible future. The limited space battle scenes were good. Also, the Xindi boarding party was very well done. When the Enterprise and Intrepid were under attack, those sequences were also very good. This episode also offered three firsts in the series, and I think one for the entire Star Trek franchise. It was the first time Enterprise explodes, the first time that Earth is destroyed, and I think the first time ever that the Bridge of the main starship of the series was individually destroyed. They also opened up the relationship with T'Pol and Archer, showing that she really does care about him. Even though he gets shot down because of Trip. And they had the line at the end where Archer says that T'Pol would make a great nurse.