The DVD

cybertimes

[1]Jun 3, 2007
    • level: 8
    I love the DVD, but don't you think that the case was too much like the ST:TNG cases? It opens, has a square folder containing the DVDs with an episode guide in a sandwich between the DVDs and the sleeve. A bit unoriginal, don't you think?!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

scifinut99

[2]Jul 21, 2007
    • level: 15
    tos dvds are like that

sporkman5353

[3]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 18

cybertimes wrote:
    I love the DVD, but don't you think that the case was too much like the ST:TNG cases? It opens, has asquare folder containing the DVDs with an episode guide in a sandwich between the DVDs and the sleeve. A bit unoriginal, don't you think?!

i really dont care about packaging to much as long as it isn't cheapy.

princessFirefly

[4]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 4
    Oooooo there is a dvd box set? i have never seen the Animated Series or the cage! must look into renting it.

meathead704

[5]Aug 15, 2009
    • level: 40
    I think the DVD casing for Star Trek: The Animated Series was more similar to the DVD packing for the original series rather than Star Trek: The Next Generation. I think the animated series packing is slightly better than that for TNG because it's easier to get the DVDs out of the packaging. Just last night I watched the great NG episode "The Best of Both Worlds." I had a little trouble getting the DVDs out of the case. It did not take long at all to get the DVDs out but I had to turn the case upside down and shake the DVDs out somewhat. The casing for the animated Series DVDs is much easier to handle. However I will say that both Star Trek: The Animated Series and Star Trek: The Next Generation are terrific shows (Both of which have won Emmy Awards) and are a must have for any Star Trek fan.

sporkman5353

[6]Apr 18, 2011
    • level: 18

meathead704 wrote:
    I think the DVD casing for Star Trek: The Animated Series was more similar to the DVD packing for the original series rather than Star Trek: The Next Generation. I think the animated series packing is slightly better than that for TNG because it's easier to get the DVDs out of the packaging. Just last night I watched the great NG episode "The Best of Both Worlds." I had a little trouble getting the DVDs out of the case. It did not take long at all to get the DVDs out but I had to turn the case upside down and shake the DVDs out somewhat. The casing for the animated Series DVDs is much easier to handle. However I will say that both Star Trek: The Animated Series and Star Trek: The Next Generation are terrific shows (Both of which have won Emmy Awards) and are a must have for any Star Trek fan.

They are hard to get out (all 3 series') but they're all pretty cool. I'm pretty indifferent on the subject, but yeah, i thought tas looked a good deal like tos.