What percentage of Earth born people in the "Star Trek"...

TelFan7

[1]Feb 15, 2008
    • level: 6
    universe's 23rd and 24th Centuries do you think who are not in Starfleet travel in space, and what do you think it will really be by that time?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TelFan7

[2]Feb 15, 2008
    • level: 6

universe's 23rd and 24th Centuries do you think who are not in Starfleet travel in space, and what do you think it will really be by that time?

IMDb wrote:
    "Your second question is impossible to answer without knowing whether or not FTL travel ever becomes a reality."

You don't need FTL if it's just interplanetary travel. There can still be domed colonies on the Moon, other planets in the solar-system, and the moons of the gas giants, maybe even on some of the larger asteroids and planetoids including dwarf-planet Pluto and it's moon Charon. I don't think we'll have FTL by then. More like the 33rd and 34th Centuries, if ever or if it's even possible.

I ask people do you think space travel in the time of Star Trek will most likely be like ST with intersteller travel established, like Arthur C. Clark's Imperial Earth with just interplanetary travel established, or like the movie Logan's Run with no space travel. I think it will most likely be like Imperial Earth. It be sad if it ends-up like Logan's Run and better than expected if like Star Trek.

If FTL turns-out impossible than we better hope short-cuts like using so-called portals (wormholes, etc) are possible and that you can create artificial ones since natural ones would probably be too far away to use from Earth. Otherwise we'll NEVER get to the nearest star-system Alpha Centauri (Proxima).

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.