Star Trek: The Animated Series

NBC (ended 1974)

Gislef

Star Trek: The Animated Series Fan Reviews (7)

7.4
  • A saga that tells us plenty about post-third season adventures.

There could - and should - have been more to this short-lived animated saga. It was full of classic Star Trek moments, including exotic alien adventures and rich camaraderie among the crew. It was genuinely funny, clever, and colorful. The animation, mind you, was really disjointed but enjoyable nevertheless. It just has a rich, classic Star Trek feel that every Trekkie should experience after the third season of the Original Series. Some Trekkies consider this series non-canon but as it was composed by many of the original writers and directors, including D.C. Fontana ("This Side of Paradise", "The Enterprise Incident"), Marc Daniels ("By Any Other Name", "I, Mudd"), and David Gerrold ("The Trouble With Tribbles"). Gene Roddenberry said he regretted certain moments in the Animated Series but he also claimed at one point that whatever appears on screen can be considered canon among us Trekkies. I believe in the latter statement ... even for the worst Trek. And this, my fellow Trekkies, is far away from the worst Star Trek. Indeed, I believe everyone should watch, enjoy, and remember.