Star Trek: The Next Generation

Angel One

Aired Unknown Jan 25, 1988 on CBS

• Strangely alluring

Firstly dont expect any fisticuffs in this episode. This is another moral battle for the crew to overcome. Ryker, Yar and Troi are the main protaganists here. Its good to see Ryker pegged down a notch and still he gets the girl! He aint no Han Solo!!! Still, thats one of the high points of the plot. The overall plot isnt that great but the subject at least was appealing to me. A reverse battle of the sexes if I may call it that. Where the surviving males are also the cause of unrest and a possible revolt against the Matriarchy. The only other element of the episode of interest is that not all the females want to remain as the superior sex and live secret lives w/ these men inc. one of the ruling class.

In a somewhat exciting finale (for this type of episode), the men face certain death until Ryker gives a pretty good speech for why the men should be spared.

Not a great episode, and dont worry if you miss it. If you find its on when youre vegging then Id watch it if I were you.