Bev and Jean-Luc

JavaJunkie4Life

[1]Jul 13, 2006
    • level: 25
    Thoughts on their very long and tetious relationship... or should I say friendship? And also If you would've liked to see them together by the end of the series or in one of the movies?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nuclearbandito

[2]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 17
    There could've been something at the end of Nemesis saying those two were getting together, like Jean-Luc asking Beverly to join him to his family's winery in France.
    It was shown in 'All Good Things' that they did get together in an alternate timeline, but broke up for some reason.

lobomensch

[3]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 51
    I don't know if I am ready to see "When Jean-Luc Met Beverly" or "You've Got Tribbles" yet. Given the track record of these two, and the nurturer stereotype they had her locked in, we'd probably see her serving him Earl Gray wearing an apron over her uniform. Since the winery was burned down in "Generations" there is no love nest to go back to on Earth, so we would get the quickie visits back and forth between seperate quarters, of course.

lwnordrfn

[4]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 3
    JavaJunkie4Life wrote:
    Thoughts on their very long and tetious relationship... or should I say friendship? And also If you would've liked to see them together by the end of the series or in one of the movies?

Yes, but only at the end of the series. I loved the episode Attached.

sesza

[5]Nov 10, 2006
    • level: 12

Hrm...I would've liked for them to have alluded to Beverly and Picard being together at the end of Nemesis, rather than just going over the old 'friendship' line. They were almost as bad as Riker and Deanna, and that was good when they got together.

It seemed a little incomplete to me that the writers didn't try to tie up the loose ends with that. I mean, they tied up every other loose end, why not that one? 

lobomensch

[6]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 51
    Because they probably balked at the idea that if Stewart ever did any future Trek appearances they would have to either explain away or eliminate any appearances by Bev Picard to avoid paying Gates. Remember, Vermin was still in control then.