Confused about the sixth season episode 'Tapestry'

AlexTheGreyWolf

[1]Aug 7, 2009
    • level: 4

Just watched 'Tapestry' and I don't understand how Jean-Luc survived at the end? He decided to fight knowing that he'll get stabbed through his back and will need an artifical heart, and we were told near the beginning of the episode by Q that the artificial heart would lead to him dying 30 years later because Beverly wouldn't be able to rescue his artificial heart, but somehow he survived? What happened? The only thing I could come up with is that maybe the Nausicaan missed his heart this time, is that what happened?

I enjoyed the episode, I just didn't understand the ending.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jrsgalaxy

[2]Aug 7, 2009
    • level: 14
    It did have a "A Christmas Carol" tone to it. The thing is Q was just having his fun at the expense of Picard. By far his favorite subject to torture. The truth of the matter is Picard is the closet thing Q had as a friend and that was just the way he expressed himself. I dont think he would ever have let Picard die. And by what Beverly said at the beginning maybe Q intervened just so he could save his life. Thats the interpretation I got. i dont know if its hundred percent accurate.

AlexTheGreyWolf

[3]Aug 8, 2009
    • level: 4
    Thanks, that makes sense.