Does a Family Member Remind you of Star Trek Character ?

jrsgalaxy

[1]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 14
    ForA couple of years ago me and my cousin were discussing this. What character or race does a particular family member remind you of? We started with my Uncle who has a stutter and cant understand alot of times what he says. He doesnt so much stutter rather talks kind of hurried and tends to slur his words. My cousin said he would be one of the race that appearred in Darmok " The Children of Tama" . For those who havent seen the episode Darmok ,this particular race spoke in metaphors and were therefore incomprehensible to Picard and crew and past Federation members that encountered them.
    Edited on 02/22/2009 1:13pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

seto1

[2]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 16
    My father is spock he is so logical and calculating ,i usually take a lil time to get his attempts at humour

Nightwingrox

[3]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 4
    My Uncle Jim physically resembles a slightly younger and scruffier Picard.

seto1

[4]Mar 4, 2009
    My EX girl friend look alot like a younger uhura lol

jrsgalaxy

[5]Mar 4, 2009
    I have another Aunt who is a master storyteller so she kind of reminds me of the CArdassians or more accurately ELim Garak.

seto1

[6]Mar 18, 2009
    My fans that are fans of star trek call me welsey lol,i konw that isnt one but i still wanted to mention it.

jrsgalaxy

[7]Mar 24, 2009
    seto1 wrote:
    My fans that are fans of star trek call me welsey lol,i konw that isnt one but i still wanted to mention it.
    No it counts. I guess i should have included friends or people you deal with on a daily basis.

pferreira86

[8]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 17
    I feel like Wesley sometimes!

jrsgalaxy

[9]Mar 25, 2009
    pferreira86 wrote:
    I feel like Wesley sometimes!
    How come?

pferreira86

[10]Mar 26, 2009
    I perhaps know a bit too much for my own good and when I try to tell people I end up annoying them with my knowledge. But hey, I don't mind feeling like Wesley. He's a boy genius!
    Edited on 03/26/2009 7:18am
    Edited 2 total times.

jrsgalaxy

[11]Mar 26, 2009
    pferreira86 wrote:
    I perhaps know a bit too much for my own good and when I try to tell people I end up annoying them with my knowledge. But hey, I don't mind feeling like Wesley. He's a boy genius!
    I didn't mind Wesley too much even though some people can't stand him. I didn't mind his character and acting but episodes focusing on him tended to be boring except for First Duty , Final Mission and the one where he takes his Starfleet Exams in the first Season. And Didn't know Gene Roddenberrys name was Wesley.
    Edited on 03/26/2009 6:23pm

pferreira86

[12]Mar 27, 2009
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    pferreira86 wrote:
    I didn't mind Wesley too much even though some people can't stand him. I didn't mind his character and acting but episodes focusing on him tended to be boring except for First Duty , Final Mission and the one where he takes his Starfleet Exams in the first Season. And Didn't know Gene Roddenberrys name was Wesley.
    I grew up with Wesley. I didn't mind him either. It's a shame Wil Wheaton has pretty much disowned him.

seto1

[13]Apr 11, 2009
    pferreira86 wrote:
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    pferreira86 wrote:
    I grew up with Wesley. I didn't mind him either. It's a shame Wil Wheaton has pretty much disowned him.
    Yea it is too bad but i must admit its cool being the Welsey of my friends,as i recall Picard was lucky welsey never became his enemy.One of old teachers in school was tuvok from voyager geting a A was almost imposible in his class.Hey i forgot to ask if were are limited to TNG characters.

seto1

[14]Apr 11, 2009
    pferreira86 wrote:
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    pferreira86 wrote:
    Yea it is too bad but i must admit its cool being the Welsey of my friends,as i recall Picard was lucky welsey never became his enemy.One of old teachers in school was tuvok from voyager geting a A was almost imposible in his class.Hey i forgot to ask if were are limited to TNG characters.

jrsgalaxy

[15]Apr 11, 2009
    seto1 wrote:
    pferreira86 wrote:
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    pferreira86 wrote:
    I dont mind if you include any Star Trek Character . I just don't know if the mods will say anything

seto1

[16]Apr 12, 2009
    I didnt realise how much like star trek my life is lol.Teachers,girl friend,parents wow,somtimes i feel like im moving at warph 9.Hey there is one person i forgot,back in primary school there was a bully that looked just like worf,did i ever hate that guy.

skeeter291

[17]Apr 13, 2009
    • level: 60
    I have an Aunt that has to be the center of attention, dress outrageously, and always reminding everyone that she's the oldest of all of her brothers and sisters. So, I peg her as Lwaxana Troi without Lwaxana's since of humor.

Scott-

seto1

[18]Apr 14, 2009
    My dog is like Archer's dog,yes i do i reaching now.

TV_Knight

[19]May 25, 2009
    • level: 7
    My Dad's exactly like Worf! :O

seto1

[20]Jun 14, 2009
    TV_Knight wrote:
    My Dad's exactly like Worf! :O
    Hope you take after your mom lol.