Excluding the borg Who was the Baddest race of aliens in Star Trek

Richiebcfc25

[1]Sep 21, 2007
    • level: 47

Excluding the borg Who was the Baddest race of aliens in star trek (includes all franchises)

I would have to say the cardasians they were the third reich of the alpha quadrant

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

belial_77

[2]Sep 21, 2007
    • level: 17
    I would say Romulans... but they're too busy bickering to actully do anything.

Tronman100

[3]Sep 21, 2007
    • level: 11
    The Breen were pretty badass. They attacked Star Fleet headquarters for heaven's sake.

belial_77

[4]Sep 21, 2007
    The ones from Planet Breen?

Richiebcfc25

[5]Sep 22, 2007
    The dominion was badass i mean it included the cardasians the breen and the jemhaddar no wonder it took ages for the federation to defeat them

VulcanTwin

[6]Sep 24, 2007
    • level: 4
    Definitely the Cardassians....I still can't watch either episode of "Chain of Command".

Richiebcfc25

[7]Sep 25, 2007

VulcanTwin wrote:
    Definitely the Cardassians....I still can't watch either episode of "Chain of Command".

your right i think David Warner played the part as gul madred brilliantly as the interrogater and towards the end you really felt sympathy for him even though he tortured jean luc picard

Also in that episode you really see the similarities of the cardassians and the nazi party.

pjhasham

[8]Sep 27, 2007
    I'd go with the Edo - at least the Cardassians and the Dominion didn't make the badness a secret.

jrsgalaxy

[10]Sep 30, 2007
    • level: 14
    Thats easy the klingons are the badassess of The Star Trek U. I mean they keep live animals onboard cause they like their food as fresh as possible. They sharpen their teeth for combat. they dream of dying in battle. They are honorable.. They dont pull punches . They are straightforward and to the point. you know their intentions. The Romulans are the type to use people and then never call them again. The Cardassians are only a little better , they will call the morning after but dont treat you any better than the romulans.

lazyjay

[11]Oct 1, 2007
    • level: 30
    Richiebcfc25 wrote:
    VulcanTwin wrote:
    your right i think David Warner played the part as gul madred brilliantly as the interrogater and towards the end you really felt sympathy for him even though he tortured jean luc picard

Also in that episode you really see the similarities of the cardassians and the nazi party.

Easily my favorite episode(s) out of all TV Trek... The briliantly performed interplay between Picard and Gul Madred was awesome and the chilling ending "But more than that, I believed that I could see five lights" still gives me shivers. Plus it has one of my favorite Trek captains in Jellico. He didn't p*ssy foot around, he wanted things his way and that was it (Similar to Data in "Redemtion part 2"). He has some of the best quotable moments of the entire franchise:
    To Picard - "forgive me for being blunt, but the Enterprise is mine now."
    To Riker - "get that fish out of the ready room."
    To Troi - "By the way...I prefer a certain formality on the bridge. I'd appreciate it if you wore a standard uniform while on duty." (my favorite - attractive as she was I always hated Troi's non-standard "uniform")
    The only Trek movie that was better than this episode was Wrath of Kahn. Sorry - I went way off topic

The most badass aliens were the Borg before they lost their menace and were humanized with a pretty face. Oops - I was supposed to exclude the Borg. D*mn, off topic again!

After the Borg the most badass would have to be the Founders. If they hadn't delegated everthing they could have easily taken over the Alpha quadrant (and they almost did). Their (mostly) irrational hatred of all "solids" and their desire to control them was pretty menacing - almost as menacing as the Borg when they were still mysterious.

After the Founders it would have to be the Klingons before they became corrupt and political... Everything driven by a fanatical blind adherence to a faceless "code of honor". "Because that's the way we do it" is a pretty scary attitude and when you factor in the physical ability to back it up... that's menacing.

OK - there's a peek into my likes... dark, chilling and menacing. Do I need professional help?

seto1

[12]Oct 1, 2007
    • level: 16
    to me the borg will always rule

stvoyman

[13]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 4

In terms of 'Baddest' - I would most definitely say Cardassians. Klingons are more fun to watch and have evolved into morally sound aliens (for the most part).

Romulans are bad - they always had this secret, elusive quality about them. As long as you don't enter their territory or piss them off, then you're usually ok. They seem more like defenders and not offenders, if you will.

The Kazon were pretty bad - but they don't serve too much of a threat - and they're in the Delta Quadrant.

pferreira86

[14]Feb 27, 2009
    I feel apart from the Borg the Cardassians and Dominion posed the other biggest threat to the universe. Combined they were even worse.

seto1

[15]Mar 3, 2009
    I have to say the Romulans,a kick but version of the VULCANs what could be better

skeeter291

[16]Mar 3, 2009
    • level: 60
    When I think about it I have to go with the Tribbles. Yes, those little balls of fur that are just too cute. They are the perfect enemy with there cuteness then destroy a world in a few days. The Klingons went to war with the Tribbles so they have to be some kind of (Buffy term) Big Bad. So, that's my vote... Tribbles.

Scott-

seto1

[17]Mar 4, 2009
    HMM thats intesting and good to think about.

cactusjack39

[18]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 30

The Jem'Hadar.

Seriously, they don't care if they live or die as long as they serve the Founders, Dominion, and achieve victory.

pferreira86

[19]Mar 23, 2009
    cactusjack39 wrote:

The Jem'Hadar.

Seriously, they don't care if they live or die as long as they serve the Founders, Dominion, and achieve victory.

Ha, ha. In the PC game Deep Space Nine: The Fallen the Jem'Hadar always shout out "victory is life!" before shooting the hell out of you.

seto1

[20]Apr 11, 2009
    I was watching Enterprise and it seems to me like the Reptilians could be in the runing for being one of badest aliens around.