Hair

LithiumAngel420

[1]May 12, 2006
    • level: 4

I was thinking, 'ya know, we could use a new topic on the TNG forum... what would be fun to talk about?'  After a few moments I thought 'hair!'  I know, I probably should have given it a little more thought lol.... anyway, this thread is to compliment, comment, b!tch, or otherwise state your opinion about the characters' hair on TNG. 

As far ar the Senior Staff goes I think, ultimately, that Riker had the best hair.  It was as stiff as a helmet at times, but always looked nice.  Deanna's hair in later seasons is nice... I have seen a few of the Gamma Quadrant species on DS9 that had some hair to remember!  Anyone remember anything like that on TNG?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BeautifulAkimov

[2]May 12, 2006
    • level: 11
    Rikers hair is always well groomed, and he kept that beard right and tight. I never really cared for Worf's hair though. It almost looked like a bob haircut, but a little longer. It justs looks a little disturbing for me.

lobomensch

[3]May 12, 2006
    • level: 51
    I always thought Geordi had well-groomed hair, very sharp. Riker's was good at times, but there were other times it looked like a sheepdog licked it in place, too. And even though many didn't like her, Tasha had well-groomed hair.

kirke_novak

[4]May 12, 2006
    • level: 9

Picard-  now that's an easy to mantain haircut. j/k but remeber the hair of Very Old Picard from 'Inner Light'? I found them disturbing!

Bev, love the haircut, she must have spent 2 hours in front of the mirror every morning.

lobomensch

[5]May 12, 2006
    • level: 51
    Think Gates wore a wig for most of NG, that's what I've seen.

BeautifulAkimov

[6]May 12, 2006
    • level: 11
    I think that Troi's hair was just to much of a production. Talk about spending to much time in the mirror.

NiallB31

[7]Dec 15, 2011
    • level: 8

Gates hair in season 1 was her own, season 3 to mid-season 6 was a wig and then season 7 was her natural hair.

Troi's hair was Marinas natural hair in the pilot, the rest of season 1 was her hir in a bun and bits added in to make it the bun shape. From atricles I have read Marina wore hair pieces for the entire series. But I think in season 7 that was Marinas natural hair and in all of the movies too.

ChipsTheButler

[8]Jun 17, 2012
    • level: 9
    The barber on the Enterprise is called Hair Force One

BlackTulip009

[9]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 12

PICARD'S HAIR IS BEST HAIR, that's all I have to say.

...Okay, I'll say more. Very Old Picard, lol. I wasn't disturbed, but it sure was different and took a bit of getting used to. Riker's did almost always seem to look great. Worf's is usually all right, though his was never my favorite. I like Geordi's, and Tasha's somewhat.

My favorite Deanna hairstyle was when it looked like mine does naturally--big and tightly curled. I know it looks like a "big production," and it actually was, but some of us do have real hair like that. xD The bun I could take or leave; it was okay. Her hair usually looked pretty nice when down, and between wavy and straight. I figured that Marina wore all kinds of hair extensions throughout most of the show, and could tell when it was her natural hair.

Gates was the surprise; I wouldn't have guessed that she wore a wig for most of the show! I heard her say once that it wasn't easy to stuff all of her hair under there--and believe me, I KNOW! Apparently, though, it was still just easier to put on wig of the style and color desired for each episode. Well, whatever--I've got to vote her for Best Hair! (And I don't just say that as a fellow bright redhead.) It's just awesome any way she wears it. In fact, I wish she'd done more curling. I loved the color when it was the deeper red, and I loved it orange-red and orange as well. Beautiful.

Oh, and it also needs to be said that Data's android hair is AWESOME. For having a (fine) bald captain, TNG was a great show for hair.

Edited on 06/21/2012 11:47am

dbzguy406

[10]Jun 26, 2012
    • level: 5
    Man I loved Troi's hair after they figured out how to make it look nice. Let's not think about most of the funky stuff in the first and second seasons.