HELP!!! I need help in finding (a) novel(s) set in the 23rd century!!

TelFan7

[1]Dec 30, 2007
    • level: 6
    This is NOT "Star Trek", "Imperial Earth" by Arthur C. Clarke, or "Logan's Run" (which in the novel takes place in the year 2116AD, the 22nd Century, and in the movie 2274AD). Here's what I remember: The setting is only here on Earth in the United Kingdom (UK) aka Great Britain (GB) aka England (as far as I recall). The main character is either a police or security officer of some type and a male. The author is a male or uses a male pseudonym. As I recall there are three levels of citizenship with the lowest be called "Proles". He uses a microwave oven. And they still drive around on street-level cars like today. This/these were written around the late 70's through early 80's. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TelFan7

[2]Dec 31, 2007

TelFan7 wrote:
    This is NOT "Star Trek", "Imperial Earth" by Arthur C. Clarke, or "Logan's Run" (which in the novel takes place in the year 2116AD, the 22nd Century, and in the movie 2274AD). Here's what I remember: The setting is only here on Earth in the United Kingdom (UK) aka Great Britain (GB) aka England (as far as I recall). The main character is either a police or security officer of some type and a male. The author is a male or uses a male pseudonym. As I recall there are three levels of citizenship with the lowest be called "Proles". He uses a microwave oven. And they still drive around on street-level cars like today. This/these were written around the late 70's through early 80's. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/edition/?isbn=0553202472 YES!!!! Verified!! It is it. Although it's not as I recall, I'll re-read it. Thank you.

TelFan7

[3]Dec 31, 2007
    "Homeworld" "Wheelworld" and "Starworld" which make up the "To The Stars" trilogy by Harry Harrison.