Help, Much Confusion!

ahoskins123

[1]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 1
    So I am completely new to the star Trek universe and know very little about it. Iw ant to start watching the Next Generation version of Star Trek, but I don't know if I should just jump into season 1 of next generation, or if I should start with one of the movies so that I know what is going on. Help please!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skeeter291

[2]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 60
    I would start with season 1 and watch all of The Next Generation (seasons 1-7) before going on to the movies. The movies (Generations, First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis) take up after TNG when off the air. I think that you will enjoy Next Generation. Have Fun watching.

Scott-

[3]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 21
    Id agree with Skeeter, now that the show has ended youd be best served starting at the beginning and watching them in order. Ive done this three times... yep Im a trekkie... Im currently on my fourth viewing. If you are in the UK youd just have missed Virgin TV starting from episode 1 about 2-3 mths ago, which Ive been following religiously. Excellent show, though the first two seasons/series arent that great productionwise, but there are a few gems in there!

scifinut99

[4]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 15
    if you live here in the states it starts over next month on the scifi channel

cook567

[5]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 54

I originally started watching TNG during its fifth year and picked up the first 4 years when BBC2 repeated them. A similar thing happened with DS9 when i started to watch it when Worf joined.

I would watch it from the start though, forget some of the duds in the first couple of years, your patience will be well deserved!